April 20, 2014 | 928 users online

Loose Powders - Prescriptives - Magic Liquid Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 3:16:00 AM More reviews by lizstar07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this powder. I have used this powder for nearly 6 years. Freaked out when Px went out of business and was so happy when they came back. I will say that this powder is best for gals that don't really wear or need foundation but want a little bit of coverage or perfecting. It feels great, you don't even know you are wearing it and really brightens up your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 1:29:00 PM More reviews by littlepreciousthings

I call this "good skin in a can". i've been using it for over 15 years! when they discontinued the line, I stocked up and bought 2. 2 cans lasted me 3 years - and that's with daily use. it is by far the best powder I have ever used, and it is a holy grail must have item in my collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 4:14:00 AM More reviews by psychjen

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Have used this powder since it was first introduced-over 20 years ago. I haven't used it for the last 2.5 years because my skin became sensitized at that time, and I have been afraid to try anything except mineral powder. I actually went for almost a year without being able to use anything. That said, I am ready to try my "magic" again, and hope I get the results I'm used to because it is easily the very BEST loose powder I have ever used, and I have always been a beauty product junkie. It blurs all imperfections on your skin and makes it look flawless. I can't tell you how many people have told me that my skin is-perfect...what foundation do I use. I always said none-- just a little concealer, moisturizing sunscreen, and the Magic Liquid Powder. They never believe me and insist it is just my skin. I always assure them it is DEFINITELY the powder, and it is! I am very fair-skinned with freckles, sagging, fine wrinkles-I'll be 63 in January, and my Mama worked in cosmetics since I was about 8 years old, so I HAVE always taken good care of my skin. However, when I was a young woman-teens through early 30's there was hardly such a thing as a true sunscreen, so I didn't grow up using it. In fact, every time my skin has gotten sensitized, it has been from a chemical sunscreen. So my skin is far from perfect. The Magic Liquid Powder just makes it LOOK somewhat (at my age) flawless. Sometimes when I have purchased it, it was too "wet" when first opened, and I had to leave it open in a safe place until it dried out a little. I love the cooling feeling, but it is the optical diffusers in the powder itself that give you that "flawless" look. There is nothing out there exactly like it! I always use a high-quality powder brush to apply it. If you have never tried this product, by all means try it, unless you have dark skin or are a woman of color. Unfortunately the only type they are currently producing is the original translucent light. Lots of people are begging Prescriptives on their website to start making the other colors once again, so keep checking and call them and let your requests be heard. They DO listen, because they created the website to sell their most beloved products after people went practically crazy when they pulled out of department stores. It's worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by FlawedAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this powder for years and loved it. Eventually Px products became impossible to find and I flirted with other powders. But nothing quite compared. When I found out Px has an official website and still sells their best loved products, I finally ended up reordering (free shipping always). I hesitated at first because I recalled this product as having visible shimmer that might not be flattering on my 36 year old skin. I thought I might only remember it as so nice because well...my skin used to be much nicer! However, I kept struggling with my liquid foundations looking a bit mask like, so I wanted an illuminating powder, and I'm so glad I went back to this. It is actually perfect for dry/mature skin because it blends with dewy/liquid finish. Since I started swiping a light layer on my cheeks over my MUFE Liquid Lift foundation, I have gotten many compliments on my skin. Yes, in natural light, I see the shimmer particles, but indoors and for evening, it wears beautifully. As to the "cooling/liquid" sensation that comes with this, I don't really care. As others have pointed out, this goes away long before the jar is finished, but the appearance and quality doesn't change, which is what matters. The powder does not dry out and continues to offer a dewy finish. I think if the jar had a closable sifter like the BE loose foundations, it would preserve this aspect better though. As to the shade, translucent (which is the only one it comes in ATM), it looks natural on my NW10 skin, though it might have much more of a highlighter effect on darker/warmer skin tones. User tips: Apply with a light hand or you will look glittery. Use a puffy powder brush for application, tap off excess before applying (I like the EcoTools powder brush). For a more subtle effect, use a fan brush across the cheeks. It is the perfect perk up if your foundation or skin looks a bit dull or flattish. Love, so happy I can get it on the website now. One jar lasts me nearly year.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by lizyu6688

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This product works wonder on me! So natural, never cakey!! best powder I have used so far. The best! I have dry skin. So be sure to keep this powder in the refrigerator. It helps to keep the water in! I think :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2009 10:49:00 AM More reviews by AcelineVaux

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If I could I'd give this more of a 3.5. It's a lovely product and I like the finish- not matte and doesn't make me look like a bloody ghost. However I do seem to get a bit oily faster with this stuff- but that's easily fixed with blotting papers. I would buy it again, but only if I had the money to go towards it, as I find it a bit pricy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2009 4:51:00 PM More reviews by OjosVerdes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm glad this powder works so well for some, but I think it's ridiculously overpriced and gimmicky.

The cooling sensation is, well, "cool", but I don't know that it has any real benefit.

It may be the brush I was using, but the powder seemed to go on very unevenly and glittery, and left me with a finish that went from dewy to major oil slick in less than an hour.

If you have dry skin and like a dewy look, this powder might be perfect for you - women with oily skin, beware! I'll stick with my Bare Escentuals mineral veil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2009 8:17:00 PM More reviews by sherrie09

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with the previous reviewer that this is a perfect loose powder for those of us who like a dewy finish rather than a matte powdery one. I just had a makeover at the Prescriptives counter for the first time - they made up a formula for foundation, used motorized mascara on me, all kinds of fun stuff I'd never experienced before. When she stroked this powder on my face I just flipped out and fell in love with the feel of its coolness on my skin. After using it at home myself I'm glad to confirm that it's fool-proof, sheer, and keeps the dewy look that I love while setting my makeup. I had no idea such a product existed, but I'm sold!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2009 9:53:00 AM More reviews by miss_mac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can understand why this product isn't for everyone. I personally love it because I like a slightly dewy finish to my foundation and hate that matte powdery cakey look on my skin. There is no point setting a dewy foundation with a matte powder because it just defeats the purpose. This powder is very fine, lightweight and contains a subtle shimmer (Mica) but also has a high content of water molecules which gives a cooling sensation when applied to the skin. It is great for a dry/dehydrated skin because it doesn't 'cling' to any dry patches on the skin, and sets a slightly dewier foundation without making the skin look too matte. This powder makes my skin feel smooth and look glowy (not shiney).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2009 2:43:00 PM More reviews by viva923

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This has been the best find for finishing powder for me.Magic just adds that touch to finishing up make up. It does not settle into fine lines. Does not add heaviness to foundation. Does not settle into fine lines. It is a super WOW product.