September 19, 2014 | 1907 users online

Eye Primer - Boots - No7 Stay Perfect Smoothing and Brightening Eye Base

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Walters

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have had this product too long in my new to use make up bag! Couple of days ago decided to try it. Absolutely love it! As another review states, it brightens and looks neutral worn alone. Worn with eye shadow, i find too that it keeps the shadow vibrant. All in all it does what it says it will do. Top marks for the smoothing and brightening effect it gives. It really does give a beautiful result. Absolute bargin too, I paid 50p in Boots Clearance. Definitely would purchase again at that price, however I believe Boots have changed the packaging and the price is now 7. Make up packaging is not my focus when making a decision on a product , I am looking for cosmetics that work, with a reasonable price label. At the price Boots charge now, I would not purchase again. My ratings are high, however at the time of purchase it was a steal!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Beautybaloo

This product is ok but I don't think it's worth the money. Hard to brush in, streaky and oily. Gives a nice healthy, natural colour on its own, for everyday makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Takota

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

its an ok primer...no more. It can be a bit drying, but I dont mind it too much. If you rub your lid all of your eyeshadows will stay on your finger. It helps eyeshadows to last about 7-8 hours max, not bad! But what I like to use it for is as an under concealer base! Works really good for that purpose!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by inthedeep77

I can see why people with more dry eyelids than me might like this, as it is very creamy in texture, however if you have oily lids like me, AVOID THIS. It simply does not work, and in fact I would go so far as to say that it actually makes your eye shadow crease faster!

The only reason I didn't give this a 1/5 is that on its own without eye shadow it can give you a slightly fresher look.

This is a shame as generally I think No7 products are lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by soothsayer

I LOVE this eyelid primer. I have veiny eyelids which show even though foundation, so i use it over that and it comes them perfectly while brightening and widening my smallish eyes. i don't tend to wear eyeshadow very often but when i do i love the good base this provides. i use it under my eyes and up to my brow bone as a kind of highlighter too.

like other people, i wish boots would just scrap the ridiculous little brush. i always throw it away as it takes too much product and the silly little crescent shape is so hard to use. much better just applied sparingly with a finger.

people have said they find it greasy but tbh i think people are applying too much!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Hunnichow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This base is definately made for people with dry eyes (like myself).
I used to use Urban Decay primer in Sin, but found it so drying and difficult to apply eye make up on, and it doesn't give your shadow any extra colour boost at all!
Where as this no7 base is the complete opposite, I honestly love everything about this base and will use it for a long time.
It keeps your eye make up in place all day, does make your shadows have extra colour intensity and keeps my eyes hydrated all day without creasing or my shadow sliding.

If you have dry eye lids then do not be put off by the negative reviews, I 100% recommened this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2010 2:47:00 AM More reviews by SnowyGirl11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have oily lids which are also hooded with minimal lid showing. I do like this base, but it has to be spread thinly and sparingly. Apply too much and it creases right away. It's a very creamy base and it stays creamy. One swipe with your finger across the product is more than enough for an entire eye. Its a pinky base of course. There is no smell to it. I would have to say consistancy is similar to an NYX jumbo pencil. I like this product mostly because it can pack on color a lot better than my urban decay primer potion and too faced eyeshadow insurance primer. It makes the colors that you have trouble showing up, show up like you want it to because it is slightly sticky since it doesnt really dry too much. Whem I first got this, it creased on me badly because I applied too much for about a week into it. It comes with a sponge tip applicator but you would do better tossing that. and using other means of applying it like with your finger tip or a brush. I have used this for about 3 months now and It looks like I am about a third of the way through with it. I use it about 4-5 times a week. So don't let the packaging and amount listed fool. The only beef I have with it is the packaging being so inconvenient in shape and the fact that it does not dry...so if you end up wiping or touching your eyes, it will transfer. Again, its comparable to an NYX Jumbo pencil. same concept of having to apply it sparingly. It is water resistant. Makes any shadow show up amazingly...even more so than UDPP and TFSI.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2010 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Laurac7

Dreadful. Worst eye base ever used. The assistant swore it would make the ideal base for eye shadow, for my oily lids. As soon as i applied i could see how greasy it was on my skin. Put shadow on top, crossing my fingers..creasing and smearing within half an hour. What a waste of money!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by kelroxmyworld

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I though that this product was horrible, I have always had really good results from primers. This product just made my foundation/concealer really cakey and hard to apply.
Think it would suit oilier skin types.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2010 7:26:00 PM More reviews by MissEllieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Surprised by the negative reviews because this product has always worked really well for me. It lasts forever...I just recently had to buy another one after having my first one for close to a year. I use my finger...the applicator it comes with looks useless. This boots base makes my eyeshadow and eyeliner stay put all day :) So much that I notice a difference on the few days when I haven't used this product.