October 22, 2014 | 1141 users online

Eye Primer - Pop Beauty - Sparkle Sauce

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 4:26:00 AM More reviews by Hollyosophy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a product to waterproof eyeshadow, when this came up in a search, so I got it. This has become my all time favorite beauty product. I use it mostly to "paint" a thin coat over my eyeshadow. It adds a subtle shimmer of gold, and holds my shadow all day. I have showered with it, slept with it on, and it does.not.move. When you have applied the shadow, then put a few drops on a little dish, and dip the brush in it, and paint it over your shadow in a very light coat. It will dry pretty quickly, and you are set. I have used it to make an eyeliner, and it works fantastically. Another way I often use it is just a light coat on my eyelids on one of my minimal makeup days. There *are* sparkles in it, but they are not big and gaudy. They are subtle and fine, and end up having the effect of attracting light to your eye, making it brighter. If you mix it with some shadow powder, it makes the shadow foil, if you like that effect. Just a great, useful product that works and is fun. YAY! It does waterproof, so to remove it and the rest of my eye makeup, I have been using pure shea butter. It is super cheap to buy online, is so gentle on the eye area, and has great moisturizing benefits.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by ConversePrincess55

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff! It's the only eyelid primerthat I've tried that I can feel how well it grips onto my liner and shadow. And the sparkles are so cute!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2009 10:51:00 PM More reviews by kayyy

I absolutely love this product! I got this in a little Pop Beauty kit from Ulta for only $14.75! I'm not sure what it's called though. I think normally this is only $10, which isn't bad at all!
I use this over my shadows. It seals it in...won't budge/fade your shadow. Creates a subly gold shimmer seal over your shadow.
Can also use this to make a liquid liner.
Perfect, would definitely recommend. Awesome product, and cheap!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2008 3:29:00 AM More reviews by OooWeeitzVicky

i really do like this product when ur making ur pigments as an eyeliner i also like this when u use with ur glitter, but it states that it will make ur shadow or liner waterproof it actually doesn't and it does stay when u try to rub off urshadow or liner but not when u sweat or cry oh btw not a good primer if ur eyelids are oily it will crease but this is comparable to a mixing medium so if u own this sparkle sauce u wont nee to buy a mixing medium unless u dont like all the sparkle.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2008 7:53:00 PM More reviews by jianl1107

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is great product, you just need to mix up with you eye shadow it will stay for whole day! I can't believe this but it is true, my eye shadow always move, especial during the summer, since I use this product it stay for gooe unless you use eyemake up remover, now I do not have to worry about sweat.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2008 6:16:00 AM More reviews by annos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a transformation liquid for turning powder shadows into eyeliners. It also works well when you want a more intense and creamy effect. You drip the liquid straight into the powder shadow pans, mix and then apply with the eyeliner or eyeshadow brush of choice. Overall it's a great product that let's you play with colors and textures without having to buy an entire new eyeshadow wardrobe. I took one lippie off because the product really destroys the part of the eyeshadows where you've applied it. So you should stick to dripping this in the corners of the powder product you want to transform.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2007 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Girlfit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Haven't yet purchased (will soon) to be able to field test this at home, but I did do a test in store with various eyeshadow primers on my hand with an eyeshadow to see how well it keeps the shadow on even when you try to rub it off (sorry run on sentance there). Yes, you can use this as an eyeshadow primer and it works great but you have to let it DRY first before putting shadow on top.

I tested against the Primer Potion, Guerlain's eye primer, Napoleon Perdis eye primer and the Guerlain and Napoleon didn't keep the eyeshadow on my hand at all. Eyeshadow rubbed off pretty easily. Primer potion of course scored excellently and the Sparkle Sauce to my amazement kept the eyeshadow solidly on my hand as well even after vigorous rubbing.

I put some on my bare lips to test it also as a lip primer to keep lipstick on and it did make my lips feel a bit tight. Put a Fresh lipstick on top (which is VERY emollient) and it went on more mattified and it felt drier on my lips so I followed up with a clear coat of Napoleon Perdis Lip Lacquer so my lips felt smackable again. I do have to say that in terms of keeping the lip color on, it did very well. Several hours later and even after having a light snack at home, even though the lip gloss was gone, there was still lip color on my lips. Will keep experimenting with this and maybe try it with a lip liner all over the lip or a lip stain.

In keeping glitter stay put on the skin, it works very well. I packed some glitter on to my hand before the sparkle sauce had dried completely and afterwards even after rubbing vigorously with my finger, the glitter stayed put.

I would think this would also set eyebrow makeup very well and I'm going to try it as a clear coat on my lashes prior to curling to test to see if it will keep the curl better. Will update on that as well.

I may have found a HG product that is BETTER than UDPP (gasp!) and I never even knew that it existed before! I can't say if it will cause any irritation on my eye area yet but if not, it just may become my go to primer! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2007 1:02:00 AM More reviews by noelanix3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS PRODUCT! When i went to buy this product the girl who helped me said you actually could use it as an eyeshadow primer. It works really well for me. I only have to use a little bit and my shadow doesn't crease the whole day. So far this has been the best primer for me. I also use it with black eyeshadow to make liner and this stuff does not come off until i wash it out. So far i hadn't found an eyeliner that stays on but this stuff makes my liner stay all day. i would totally recommend this product!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2007 8:49:00 PM More reviews by vampsandtramps

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this as an alternative to Primer Potion, since the package says it "makes any shadow water resistant and crease free." Well, I put some over my lid and applied my shadow as usual, and I think it actually creased more. This may have some other good uses, but as an eye primer, I'll pass! I was also not crazy about the extremely liquid-y consistency.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2007 9:41:00 PM More reviews by zajiue

I LOVE IT! Those who hate glitter, need not apply. I'm wearing glitter as long as I possibly can without looking ridiculous. I'm 26 but hey, I pass for 20 and am going to use it to my advantage for as long as possible!! Anyhow, back to sparkle sauce. Yes it DOES make great glitter eyeliner but you have to be careful 'cause it can clump the glitter, but it's easily smoothed out. It also does add a nice faint golden sheen/shimmer to eyeshadow without glitter if you like it like that. After I applied some to my eye, I pressed some glitter onto my eye and it's sticking and not flaking off. It looks pretty! :) I tried mixing the glitter and the sparkle sauce on the other eye but it seems to look nicer when you apply the sparkle sauce to the eye and press glitter on. Just be careful not to smudge your eye makeup. The bottle is a bit lacking, either too much or too little comes out but one bottle should last a long time. Expensive but it'll last. If it dries out, I'll update. So I'm keeping this for now, it lives up to the hype. :)

Btw, I don't think this is meant to be an eye primer. I certainly didn't think it was when I purchased it. In fact, I put UDPP, my eyeshadow and then this OVER the eyeshadow and I loved it. :)