October 22, 2014 | 1759 users online

Body Scrubs - Korres - almond meal soft natural scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by carrotcakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Having only used Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant, I felt that this product was not too bad.

I love the smell, very organic. The scrub was quite fine, and does not leave your skin feeling dry. I use this product once a week.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2009 11:05:00 PM More reviews by bluemelon

I am really surpised that this product is so under-rated. Recently, my skin was feeling congested and had lots of rough, dry patches of skin - despite being quite oily. But it's something that usually happens during winter. I was sick of using my Ole Henriksen walnut scrub, as it kept slipping in between my fingers and would do anything but stay on my face. And those granules were so annoying to try and rinse off - something which I also found with the Korres Olive Stone scrub (despite doing a fantastic job of exfoliating).

So I reached out for this sample of the Korres Almond Meal Scrub. I noticed on the packet that it said it was for normal, dry and sensitive skin - definitely not my skin, so I had no hopes for it whatsoever. But I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. Firstly, the texture is really smooth and thick - this scrub is a cream scrub. And when I applied it on my skin and started massaging it into my skin, it actually stayed on my skin which was great. I didn't really feel much exfoliation going on, as it is very gentle, but when I rinsed it off (which was so much easier than other scrubs!), my skin felt amazingly smooth. Also, the scent is great - an extremely mild pleasant scent, with a very slight hint of almonds. I dislike almond/marzipan scented products, but this one is really nice.

This is definitely a scrub I will be purchasing. As is recommended on the packaging - this would be perfect for someone with sensitive skin who can't tolerate the other harsher scrubs, and also great for someone with normal/dry skin. However even for someone like me with combo skin, it worked really well. I also have REN's Jojoba bead scrub, which is another gentle scrub, but I actually think that this one is better - texture wise and overall ease of use. I dislike using facial scrubs because they are too messy and time consuming, but this one made it so much easier. This is a scrub that I will be using as a frequent scrub over the winter, and then I will probably use something like the Korres Olive Stones scrub once every 2 weeks to give a bit of a rougher scrub.

As someone has already mentioned, this scrub is not supposed to be a cleanser substitute - it's supposed to be used together with your regular cleanser. So if you're looking for a very mild, gentle scrub - I recommend giving this one a go.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2009 7:19:00 PM More reviews by roselovesmakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I guess scrubs are suppose to do miracles according to these reviews, a scrub is to help with cleansing not be a substitute for it.I would venture to say this scrub does exactly that, scrub.I would repurchase for that reason.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2009 3:12:00 AM More reviews by gseymour

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Works well as a cleanser, and is gentle for a scrub. I like it, but there's just one problem for me. Although I adore almond-scented products, I had forgotten that almond-scented products also happen to burn my skin (except for Dr. Bronner's). This product only stings me a little, though. Perhaps I'll try a different Korres scrub.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2007 2:03:00 PM More reviews by cassandrajane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It was ok. Not the best scrub Ive used. Normally I love ALL Korres products but this one is a bit pricey for what you get, the tube is really small! And the scent is odd. But its not bad, my skin was soft after using.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2007 2:49:00 PM More reviews by littlebella25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

You're supposed to use it once a week--fine. For 16dollars a tube I don't want to go through it too fast, you know? So it made my skin red, and yet I noticed no significant exfoliation. It smells nice at first, but then takes on a mildew sort of smell! Ewwww. Also, its consistency isn't very thick so you have to use more product. Crappy, I say! Overall it costs way too much for the next-to-nothing that it achieves.