October 26, 2014 | 1067 users online

Body Scrubs - Bliss Labs - Lemon Peel

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2008 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Tiki21

I don't use this every day (or even every week), but it is hands down my FAVORITE body product out there.

The bad: it's a freakin mess! You scrub it on before you bathe/shower, and you rub, and you rub, and a lot of it falls on the floor.

(The bad, also, is the price -- it's just pricey enough that you angst over using too much.)

But seriously, after it's all said and done, the experience is just like a spa experience (except you're doing the rubbing, not someone else). The aroma is great, the scrubbing is harsh but somehow not injurious, and the aftereffects -- the buttery soft skin -- is well worth the effort and price (and cleanup).

I don't have the TIME to do this scrub too often, which is why I rely on quickie two-fers like exfoliating body washes. But this product is like that Calgon commercial -- when you need to "get away", or want to pamper yourself, this is the product to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2008 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Amy_28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This scrub leaves my skin so soft, and I like the idea of scrubbing before the shower. I'm not a huge fan of lemon scented products but this was not overpowering. I followed up with the Lemon + Sage butter and my skin feels AMAZING!!! It's pricey, though, and I think there are really great scrubs out there for less money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 12:49:00 PM More reviews by 135792468

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I do think Bliss spa treatments work better than most but I have not been impressed with most of their products. This is a case in point. The smell is perfectly nice and fresh. The texture is creamy. The grains are on the small side but not too tiny. It just doesn't seem to have a very great scrubbing, moisturising or pampering effect either physically or psychologically and, for the price, it should.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2006 6:05:00 PM More reviews by LavenderDream

I loved using this on my arms and feet. Smells great, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2005 9:12:00 PM More reviews by jofreesia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for lemon and sage body scrub. I strickly follow the instructions: using a heaping amount and dry-rubbing with gloves vigorously for 5 min. The result is silky skin that's almost baby soft and lasts into the next day. I like the scent and texture too. So I went to buy three more when my neighborhood beauty store was having a sale. It's pricey but compared to One Minute (salt based scrub), this one is less painful and less messy.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2005 2:13:00 PM More reviews by mountain_blue

I received this body scrub as a gift. The scent is wonderful…not overly lemony and the addition of sage gives it more of a fresh, grassy scent with a hint of lemon. The scrubbing quality however is lacking. I tried using it both on dry skin and damp skin and neither produced the level of exfoliation I like. Most often instead of forking out big bucks (this is $30 for 8 oz) for body scrub, I make my own with a cup of salt or sugar and a teaspoon or so of sweet almond or olive oil which only costs pennies to make and provides wonderful exfoliation. So to use up the rest of this tube and enjoy the fragrance, I’ll mix a little with salt or sugar.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2004 9:33:00 AM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Got this at a short stay in the W in NYC along with the body butter in lemon sage and I just love it. I used it prior to showering as directed concentrating on back of thighs, arms, elbows and knees-then showered with a pouffy w/soapy sap & applied the body butter right after I got done, what a sheen my skin has and so soft. Smells very refreshing & certainly wakes you up. Using 3x's a week in between sugar scrubs -will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2004 9:22:00 PM More reviews by luckie17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The problemw with the product is the directions. If you apply ANY decent srub to your dry skin and then put lotion on afterwards, your skin will feel greast. This is way way over priced. Bath and Body WOrks NEW italien line of stuff smells much beter and is much cheaper and has better packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2004 2:14:00 PM More reviews by wendalas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Read Saydee's review!! Same as my regimen for absolutely guaranteed soft as silk skin. You must use this on dry skin for these results- otherwise it's the same as every other scrub; washes away in the shower. Another fantastically dependable Bliss product!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2004 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Saydee

I have to say, I am a huge bliss fan. They get some bad reviews for making false claims, but for me- everything Ive tried, Ive liked.
I used to use a bunch of different body scrubs..untill I came across the Lemon Peel treatment. I am so addicted. I use it 3 times a week, depending on the time I have.
I scrub it on dry skin, as directed, untill I feel like my skin looks glowy enough. Then, I apply Lemon and Sage Soapy Sap to a buff puff and rinse away. Afterwards, I apply a heaping dose of Body Butter, and I get incredible results. My skin feels like silk, and smells faintly of lemon. I also put on the high intensity hand cream to replenish my newly scrubbed palms. Love Love Love it!!