December 21, 2014 | 1410 users online

Hair - L'Oreal - Elnett Hairspray

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAddict62

The worst hairspray I have ever used. So overrated. Elnett does not hold my curls or styled hair at all, it makes my hair very crunchy and frizzy, has a very strong cheap 80s perfume scent and does not protect against humidity.

Not recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by monmellow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

La la love this hairspray. I use it regularly before/after curling my hair with a conical wand. It gives me shiny, bouncy, loose curls that I can run my fingers through without the slightest bit of crunchiness or stiffness. Seeing as I have dry hair, I don't wash it that often. My hair still looks good days after even if I don't do anything to it after originally curling it.

I agree that the smell is strong but it doesn't bother me that much and (in my hair at least) doesn't last. I've never had anyone complain about or even mention the smell and I never notice it on myself unless its right after I've done my hair.

It is a bit pricey compared to other drugstore hairsprays but in my opinion worth it. It also lasts a long time, and like I said I use it fairly regularly.

If you really can't stand the smell, or don't want to dish out the $$$, try the tresemmé. It's pretty comparable although I still prefer Elnett for shine and hold. Will continue to buy this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2014 3:56:00 PM More reviews by QueenieAKA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For it's price, it's an excellent product. I must be weird, I don't mind the smell. I usually use Bumble & Bumble Spray De Mode, but Elnett is half the price so sometimes it suits the need.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by msdixiemom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I feel like there's something wrong with me for not loving this hairspray......I don't get anything out of it, other than it's drying and doesn't really provide any hold--- and I'm not a helmet hair by any stretch.....sorry, just don't like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by ashlou7891

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I always buy this hairspray & will NEVER switch I love it because it's not sticky it doesn't make the hair "hard" gives a flexible natural looking hold .. I even use it to "set" my make up with no irritation .. Only problem I have experienced is that everybody steals it because it it so great .. I even have to buy my boyfriend his own can!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by gracc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had been in the market for a drugstore hairspray under 15 and ran into this one. I only use hairspray when I curl or braid my hair so I don't use it daily. So when I first sprayed this on, I noticed the strong scent. I'm usually ok with bad fragranced products, so I thought I could bare it. It has a very good hold. Doesn't leave white flakes, which I loved! But when I would wear it, the smell would not fade away. My hair would still smell like it by the end of the day. I finally decided it was unbearable! So that is the reason I'm giving it 3 lippies. It works great, I just can't handle the bad smell. I just bought Garnier Fructis style sleek & shine anti-humidity hairspray, and so far I have no complaints. It's too soon to tell for sure yet, but I saw good reviews for it as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by sofaloaf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I would love to love this hairspray, but I just can't! Before buying, I checked plenty of reviews and compared it against tons of other hairsprays. I noticed warnings about Elnett's....fragrance....but I ignored them. I generally don't mind fragranced products. Even if it smells awful, I generally bear through it until it fades, if the product performs well enough other than that. And Elnett really does perform well. Overall, I was impressed. Comes in the trademark gold can, and I noticed that the nozzle wasn't easily prone to clogging. None of that annoying gluey maintenance.
It held a curl almost all day, and kept my hair sleek and straight on days when it was straightened. The best part was the swingy, springy, bouncy feeling it gave my hair, especially ponytails and curls. It is extremely good for retro inspired curls and finger waves, allowing for you to run your hands through to break up, shape, and reform the curls, without needing to whip out the curling wand again. It left my hair noticeably softer and shinier looking, and I didn't experience flakes.
However, Elnett broke my heart. I have tried it so many times, so many different ways of application. Yet nothing can help that horrible, nose burning, brain melting, reek of the hairspray. It's unforgettable; it really smells like nothing I've ever smelled before. And not in a good way. At first, it was almost unbearable, and the only thing that stopped me from plunging my head into the sink and washing it all out was the fact that it had made my hair look fantastic. I gritted my teeth, and held on to the hope that the stench would go away. I made the mistake of trying Elnett on a work day. And the stench did not go away. I spent the entire day with "Oh god, what IS THAT SMELL?" echoing in my ears, as I sheepishly played innocent, inwardly cursing the day I ever purchased this hairspray. It lingered for over 24 hours in fact, before I finally became nauseated and was forced to break schedule to wash it out.
I know, they do make the unscented version, but I can't tell the difference. In my opinion, the "unscented" smells like someone spilled baby power all over the trainwreck of the original scent. Well at least L'Oreal attempted to be accommodating.
So yes. I give it 4 lippies. I know. But honestly, it doesn't feel fair to give it 1, which is what it really deserves for blasting my nostrils with its stench, yet its performance redeems its rating. Just remember, buyer beware. Test this, and its obnoxious odor before buying the entire can.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by lilyjules

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Loved the hold, lack of "crunchiness", and how I could brush it out with no white flakes. Couldn't get past the very strong scent. It smells like the 1980's or an older lady's perfume. The smell would linger. Won't repurchase for this reason.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by midnightjazz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this occasionally for updos. The odor is stronger than the hold but it doesn't leave my hair crunchy. A bit overpriced for the performance.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by katgolightly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

First, I was looking for a good old fashioned aerosol hair spray now that CFCs are a thing of the past. I know, old news, but I'm a child of the 80's and 90's so in my head aerosol==bad. I did a little research and decided to pick up L'Oreal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray. There were more than a couple reviews that extolled the virtues of the fragrance free version. More than one person said the "fragrance" of the original smelled like bug spray. Uhm, no thanks! I do find the product works as expected. My hair held, but was still touchable, although obviously touching it more will mean you need to touch it up as well. I can brush out the product easily at the end of the day and didn't feel any build up. It was great for a bed head sort of look especially along with some dry shampoo.