October 25, 2014 | 1674 users online

Treatments (Face) - Juice Beauty - Redness Reducing Serum

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2008 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Seagulls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Thankfully for me, I got to test-drive this (free sample) before buying an entire bottle. Since I have rosacea, I am interested in trying any product that claims to soothe redness---especially if it is organic. However, I couldn't have been more disappointed by this product. It didn't relieve any of my redness at all. In fact, it made it slightly worse. I would have to say the same for the Cleansing Milk (which also irritated my rosacea). Out of all the organic products I've tried and loved, I'd have to say that Juice Beauty is just new-age, California, trend-riding garbage.

I'm sorry. I just really wanted this to work.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2008 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Maderine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've only been using this serum for a couple of weeks, so I can't say for certain yet that it's making me a porcelain goddess. This review will tell you what I do appreciate about it, though, rather than focusing on whatever miracle it is that it's marketed to perform. It's a light-textured serum with a very mild, natural smell that doesn't last after application. It's easy to apply and a little goes a long way. I got this because I have rosacea that's typically exacerbated by stress, and I often get home from work feeling like my face is ON FIRE. (It's seriously the most awful feeling...only another Rosacean can understand...like being burned alive from the inside.) Anyway, when I come home I like to wash my makeup off right away. I then apply about 1/3 of a dropper-full of this serum to my cheeks, nose, forehead, and chin. It soothes the burn instantly. It doesn't tingle, burn, or sting at all upon application. It feels cool and absorbs immediately. I don't notice the flushing or burning of my rosacea returning after I apply this serum, either--whether that's because it works or because I'm no longer at my high-stress job, who knows. But I like that it's gentle, soothing, and a little goes a long way. In terms of long-term redness control, I haven't seen that happen yet. If I do, you'll be the first to know. UPDATE 4/27/08: Long-term, no porcelain-goddess results achieved. I started using an EL serum instead on particularly red-and-irritated days and it provides visible results in addition to the cooling sensation. I have since swapped this product away in favor of the other.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2007 10:20:00 PM More reviews by lizbathory88

I have had to deal with redness since I hit puberty. I'm 19 now and want to stop looking like a blushing kid. My cheeks and especially the nose area were always the worst. I'm been using this for a month now and I couldn't be happier. This is the best product out there for redness. Believe me I've tried most.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2007 10:21:00 PM More reviews by bellister

I have perpetual redness on my cheeks, forehead, and chin, accented by little bumps as well. Looking for the perfect redness reducing product and decided to try this after seeing the line at Sephora and the SA were heavily pushing it.

I've been using for about 8 months now, almost done with the whole bottle. I apply both morning and night after cleansing and before moisturizer. I was planning on replacing my moisturizer with this, but the SA and further research indicated that a serum can't exactly replace a moisturizer.

As for effectiveness, I cannot say it delivers what it promises. It doesn't seem to affect my skin at all - no irritation but no reduced redness. I tried about 1 month without using this, and I could barely tell the difference. I have continued using only because of the amount of vitamins that are in it, and I figure I can benefit out of that until I'm done.

One last note: In the past month, I've noticed my redness go down considerably. I'm not sure if this is due to using this product for 6+ months, or the new cleanser and moisturizer I've been trying (DDF Blemish Foaming Cleanser, Boscia Moisturizer in day, Borba Moisturizer at night).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2007 7:44:00 PM More reviews by zoegirl1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

I can't say it calmed my skin all that much...I'm always ruddy, there's little I can do about that. But it definitely doesn't aggrevate my skin, and my skin is super sensative. I use it around my eyes a lot as they are the most sensative and it doesn't irratate them, and absorbs very fast. It's a nice light moisturizer that absorbs well and gives me a nice moisturized glow, I usually use this one at night but it would be great under some sunscreen during the day too.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2007 9:40:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

`I've been trying this for a few weeks on my red cheeks (mostly menopausal-caused) and it does nothing. It doesn't really sink in, and it slightly stings-guess its the fruit juice or whatever is in there. Save your money--just because something is natural doesn't mean it will work!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2007 3:49:00 PM More reviews by ashtraygirl11

I always have problem with my red cheeks. I don't know exactly the causes. It could be skin irritation, inflamation, or blemishes that I had a long time ago. I've used several different products but nothing worked. The MA suggested me this product against my instinct to get Caudalie Vinoperfect. I'm willing to give it a try, since it's definitely cheaper. I've been using it religiously for about a week or so, and it might be too soon to tell, I haven't seen any major improvement.

I like the packaging, I think it's cute, and the smell is not great but it's not bad either. It's ok. The only thing, when you first apply it to your face, you can feel that it's a little bit sticky but it's not a major annoyance as after a little bit the skin will absorb it and you won't feel it anymore.

Oh one more thing, I don't know this is just my bottle or every bottle has the same issue, but mine cannot be close all the way! I had been trying to twist it close hella tight and it didn't work. Somehow it refused to do so. It's not completely lose but it's not tight either. Good thing it didn't spill in my bag, but I definitely won't bring it for travelling anymore. A little bit inconvenience. I hope it's just my bottle.

I think I'm gonna give it another week and see how it goes. I will definitely try Vinoperfect. continued >>