November 27, 2014 | 984 users online

Conditioner - John Frieda - Radiant Red Color Magnifying Daily Conditioner with Light Enhancers

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by suzanneb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Dyed my hair red and I'm doing everything possible to preserve the color, this conditioner is really creamy, the color is pink so hopefully it adds something to the dye, left my hair almost completely untangled, very soft and shiny, today my chignon was sliding of because my hair is so soft and frizz free

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2013 4:54:00 AM More reviews by AhziieSkye

dyed my hair deep red. bought this hoping to keep my color from fading. I use this with the shampoo and it didnt really preserve my color. doesn't condition well. my hair still feels dry afterwards.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by sam23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

For the price, I think this is definitely a worth while product! I use it with an organix sulfate free shampoo. I do not notice any color protection from this so I gave it 3 lippies but it smells pretty good, and leaves my hair in pretty good shape so I would still recommend it, just not for someone who is trying to maintain red hair color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this conditioner in conjunction with the Radiant Red Color Captivating Daily Shampoo with Light Enhancers as a means to decrease the fading time of my 'bottle readhead' hair. I do find using both the shampoo and conditioner does work really well with aiding colour conservation of my hair, but this conditioner alone doesn't provide me with enough hydration. I always have pair it with a leave in conditioner for added moisture. Also I've noticed this product line for redheads isn't always accessible and difficult to find at times in drugstores.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by blu3

I absolutely love this conditioner.
1.) it smells amazing
2.) i don't know if it helped magnify the color of my hair, but it definitely prevented it from turning brassy (a problem i have when i dye my hair red...and sometimes light brown)
3.) it does condition my hair. no knots/tangles, no greasiness.

I plan on picking up another bottle even though the red has faded out of my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Junwwu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this on sale at CVS since I recently dyed my hair red. Normally it's on the expensive side at about $9-$12 for a medium sized tube. It's not gonna break the bank, but it's not cheap either. The conditioner comes in a nice, classy bottle, and it comes out of the tube a vivid red. It's thick and applies really well for me; it really untangles my hair and leaves it feeling slick and shiny. On a side note my hair is thick and Asian, so it's pretty shiny to begin with. I haven't really noticed a difference between this conditioner and my current Dove Daily Moisture Therapy one other than that this one is touted for color and to protect my nice shade of deep red. However, my Dove conditioner works well for me, so this is just what I'm looking for in terms of a conditioner. As far as color protecting goes, since this is the first time I've dyed my hair red, I really can't compare it to any other shampoo on dyed hair. My red coloration doesn't seem to be fading, but then again I've only had it dyed about two weeks. This product gets a 5 for being a good conditioner that leaves my hair smooth, and so far it seems to be protecting my color well.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by blackivy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got my hair dyed at a Salon, bright red bangs, and darker red for the rest. I thought I could save some money and buy shampoo/conditioner at the drug store. I bought this, and the shampoo.
Used cold/barely warm for the shower and dryed my hair after to find that it totally faded the colour and made it super dull!!! Like no shine whatsoever, and drained the bright red right out.
I would never use this product again. Maybe it's better for natural red heads? but it definitely didn't make my colour stay.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by onegoodcat

This shampoo and conditioner works well when it comes to enhancing my red hair, but it leaves my hair stiff, heavy, and greasy. It's very difficult to style it, and I just don't like how my hair is with this. It takes about 3 washes just to clean the build up off. I use this a lot less now, but I always regret using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by bwkkhong

Having dyed my hair a dark, cherry red, I've been wondering which conditioner and hair care system would be good to keep my colour fresh and looking healthy.

I've added this conditioner to my arsenal of hair care products (Bumble & Bumble's Gentle shampoo, Alterna's reserve white truffle conditioner and tons more!!!) as after using it just once, I've seen my hair colour become a tad more radiant.

The colour has come more alive, if that makes any sense to any of you! Highly recommended!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by natalieb

I bought this because I liked the blonde line. I can't say that this stuff is good or bad, just meh. I am not convinced that it does anything to retain the red in my hair and it makes my hair feel average, not soft but not dry. Average product , I'm trying to get through it so that my bathroom does not look like drugstore hair care aisle :)