October 20, 2014 | 1566 users online

Eye Shadow - Shiseido - Hydro-Powder Eye Shadow - H8 Bare Pink

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by anisha12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Light pink, satin finish, smooth, creamy and soft as ever, buildable colour, doesn't crease if u apply a thin layer on your lids, NOT a base (powder eyeshadows will crease if u apply them over this) and expensive (though i got it while it was on sale. Its lid is lopsided so u can't stack it upside down but that's fine cuz it duznt dry out at all. I almost feel like it hydrates my lids while i have it on. Makes my eyes feel cool for some reason, soon after application...a plus?

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by msimplicity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love it! I wear this with or without UD primer and it works just as well. Maybe lasts 1 or 2 hrs longer with the UD primer. I sometimes feel lazy and just apply this as eyeshadow and it's just brings out the eyes. verrry nice! =)
One down-side is the price. =(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 8:59:00 AM More reviews by spicegirl82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's just perfect! I use it daily, alone or as a base for other eyeshadows (makes them look so much better, works with any eyeshadow). Does not crease (I was very skeptical, I've never used a cream eyeshadow that wouldn't crease) and dries very quickly to a soft, silky texture.
I want to get more colors, but I'm glad I let the Shiseido counter guy at Macy's convince me to get it, goes with any outfit, perfect on a bare, 'non-made up' face too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 8:44:00 PM More reviews by amarock

I have been wanting to try a Shiseido Hydro Powder cream eyeshadow for some time now, since I've read so many raves online about how they don't crease. I finally bought one at the duty free shop at the airport about a year ago, and I don't regret getting it. Yes, like all the reviews claim, this cream eyeshadow does not crease, and it does help powder eyeshadows to stay put all day as well.

There's a luxurious silky quality to this cream shadow that's unlike many others I've tried (maybe similar in texture to the Laura Mercier Metallic Creme eye colour) and the shimmer in this eyeshadow is very fine and sophisticated. Although I love the quality and wear of this cream eyeshadow, I don't find myself reaching for it often because the colour is just slightly too frosty - usually I just want to start with a simple plain base like MAC's Soft Ochre or Painterly paint pot and then add the shimmer with my powder eyeshadow. That brings me to another issue that I have with the Hydro Powders: the colour selection, or the lack thereof. The colours available remind me of an Easter themed palette - all pastels and cutesy colours - I wasn't drawn to any of them. I finally settled on this colour (H8 Bare Pink) because it was the most neutral and useful for my needs (H9 Glistening Sand was the other option, but I own a few champagne cream eyeshadows already).

I don't wear this colour alone as an eyeshadow - I always top it with some sort of powder eyeshadow for additional depth. Colour pay-off is ok, but since this is a pale shimmery light peachy pink, it wouldn't show up vibrantly on my NC20 skin. I am toying with trying the colour H4 Spring Plum because it looks quite pigmented and is not as pastel-ly as the rest of the colours, but I'm concerned the pinkness may make me look sickly - I shall see. I paid about $22 CAD for this and it came with a sponge-tipped applicator (which I really don't get... who applies cream eyeshadows with sponge-tipped applicators? I use my ring finger or a taklon brush). Now, I'm being extremely picky here, but for the packaging, I do wish the lid was flat so that I can store this upside down or stack them. Having said all that, I would recommend this product and repurchase it. I do wish Shiseido would come out with more neutral colours with slightly less shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2009 6:45:00 PM More reviews by novastar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is lovely! It's especially nice to wear to work. It's light enough to be conservative for day, but not boring either. It has a slight shimmer to it, not sparkle but shimmer I'd say. It's absolutely lovely. I apply it with a concealer brush for a wash of color on my lids. I'm nw20 and it goes nicely with my skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2009 10:30:00 PM More reviews by tdang

I got this as a gift from a friend who's a counter manager at a shiseido counter and love it! I was never really into cream eyeshadow but love using this as a base or to wear alone. Very blendable, lasts all day and there's enough shimmer to make your eyes pop. I dont use this as an brow highlighter because its a bit to shimmery. Only complaint is the color selection, wish there was more to choose from.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2009 3:04:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

Awesome for everyday wear. Perfect pink for a natural look. This 'Bare Pink' is totally wearable with any colour. For a more sophisticated look, I can pair it with Violet Visions that I wear at the corners of the eye, and for highlighting my brow bone I use 'Sugar' by EL but once that finished I'll switch to Whitelights. I love Shiseido Hydro Powder eyeshadows. They're my HG! EDIT: I realized that this pale pink does nothing to bring out or accentuate my asian eyes. It's quite flat. Returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2008 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Xinya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I reach out to this every morning. It's a nice warm pink, pretty on its own, but I use it as a base under my pink everyday eye look. It's shimmery and beautiful which I love. The pot lasts a long long time. I have been using mine for 11 months now and I only finished 1/4.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2008 12:19:00 PM More reviews by verunkator

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely wonderfull product. Pure luxury. Beautiful packaging.
Doesnt ever crease, stays on eyelids all day without changes, doesnt change the color and look absolutely stunning. If you prefer natural look just put a little amount and if you want more highlights you can add more of product. Both ways it will look wonderfull and smooth.
The color is neutral beige-light apricot-pink, on eyelids more of pink but very very natural. Looks good on tanned skin even on fair skin that I have now in winter.
Has decent sheen.
I dont wear eyeshadow especially creamy eyeshadows cause they always crease and are hard to aplly but this one is exception. I will definitely buy another shade - Whitelights.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2008 7:01:00 AM More reviews by MyMajesty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I so love,love,love this product! It is very hydrating, creamy , and -THE MOST IMPORTANT THING - stays on all day long without beeing kacky.
I didnt have many Shiseido products but this one really rocks! Go Shiseido!