April 17, 2014 | 1483 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Deluxe Eyeshadow - Underground

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

I love this product. It is a very soft, gentle medium brown that is so flattering with my blue eyes and pale complexion. I have been wearing this very often, but the amount of shadow you get for the price is amazing. There is barely a dent in this shadow after an entire year. Great value for a great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

Underground is a dark taupe eyeshadow with gold undertones and a golden shimmer to it. This shade is universally flattering and so versatile. I would recommend it to any woman that wears makeup.
Like most Urban Decay Deluxe Eyeshadows, this shadow is very pigmented but also very buildable. You can apply this with a light hand to get a more natural-looking wash of color or you can really build this into a deep, dark taupe. This shadow is so soft and smooth; I can't imagine ever having application problems with this.
This is gorgeous alone as a lid color for a look that's both natural and noticeable. I usually apply two layers of this to get full, rich color. This shade is so stunning on its own. It's rare to find a brown shadow that really stands out, but Underground definitely does. It just lights up my eyes, as well as the rest of my face, with its slight golden sheen. This is also a great crease shade for lighter browns or golds.
This shadow stays put all day long without any creasing or fading with a good primer underneath. It's definitely budgeproof and smudgeproof.
Like I said before, I think any woman could find use for Underground. I have tons of eyeshadows, but I find myself reaching for this one very often. Definitely will repurchase if I ever run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2011 9:18:00 AM More reviews by Vivalicious

i've on my second pod of Underground and i gotta say i absolutey LOVE it! this is my favorite eye color EVER and i've been using make up for a decade now. Underground is very versatile - fantastic as a daytime office-wear (as the top and main color) and a great base color for a darker stronger color for night use. I've been using Underground for the past 5 yrs now and gotta say this is my most used eye color. love love love.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 12:17:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

The texture of this shadow was extremely powdery, somewhat gritty and not very pigmented. Had to use a colored base and 3 'coats' of the shadow to get any color to show up. Nice golden taupe color, but not worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 2:18:00 AM More reviews by MyUsername156

I am a huuuuuge fan of taupe eyeshadows, and this is my favourite. I love it!! The formula is smooth and beautiful. It applies so easily. I really love to use it for smokey eyes because it blends out so nicely. I can't fault this product honestly. It's my favourite out of the whole deluxe palette.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by scrappydog

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Don't understand the great reviews, there's nothing speacial here in the color or the formula. Silvered taupe that was too cool toned for my tanned skin, not very shimmery either, flat and boring.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by pinkyroo22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was my first, persay, expensive eyeshadow purchase. I have had it for about a year now and it still is probably my favorite eyeshadow. The color is such a gorgeous taupe and would flatter everyone. Although it looks very dark in the packaging, it doesn't on eyes. It is extremely pigmented but it gets a bit lighter and less packed on eyes. It looks great on fair ladies like myself, and deep skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Now this is the taupe I've been looking for.

Taupes are very hard for me because I need warm tones. I recently bought Satin Taupe, and althought it's an absolutely beautiful color, it was far too cool for me. Also, I didn't feel that it was a true taupe at all, but rather a silvery lavender.

I stood in the UD aisle at Ulta FOREVER trying to decide between this and Smog. I recently bought MAC Woodwinked, which is a beautiful neutral brown and I didn't want to buy something too similar to it. I REALLY needed taupe, and I just wasn't sure this would fit the bill.

But I took a gamble and even bought the matching 24/7 liner. I'm so glad I did!! This is a beautiful taupe, neither too warm nor too cool. It's a nice midtone shade which I think could be used in the crease or on the lid. I used it in the crease with a vanilla color on the lid and a darker shade along the lash line and outer V.

This is a shimmer shadow, but it isn't over the top shimmery. I would call it more of a pearl finish. I think it's very workable as a daytime shadow if used with a light hand.

The quality is outstanding, although I have to say that the pigmentation isn't quite as rich as the MAC shadows I recently purchased. Still, I needed just a small amount of product to get the level of intensity I wanted, and it blended beautifully. For reference, I do not use a lid primer, but I do apply concealer to my lids.

The packaging is adorable. I don't find it big or bulky or annoying, but admittedly, I rarely carry my makeup with me.

Great little find and I will definitely repurchase, though I think it will be a while before I need to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2010 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Giannina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great neutral color to own, got this in the Deluxe Palette

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by DivineL

okay so, this is my first time trying UD other than UDPP (which i have switched to TFSI and like better). i was so stoked to have found this shade in which i LOVE! it's the perfect neutral for me. i wear this with "naked" matte shadow in the crease and underground on the lid.

i almost bought deluxe es in ruthless instead of this but at the last moment i decided on this one bec it's a tad deeper on the color spectrum. "ruthless" is a pretty color i may pick up later but for now i am very happy in my new color combo from UD.

btw i have worn this color combo on my lids for 2 days, and both days i got compliments from the most unexpected people in my life. 1. my friend who is sort of tom-boyish, 2. my son's 2nd grade teacher sorta blurted it out and looked shocked at herself for paying me such a nice compliment.

i took 1 lippe off for the price. i actually really like the packaging of these, once the product is all gone, i will have a mini compact mirror to use!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No