Essence of Beauty Classic Powder Brush

2.9

on 2/2/2013 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Sheds like crazy. Scratchy and uncomfortable on the skin. Spend a few extra dollars on an Ecotools brush, because this one just sucks.

on 4/11/2011 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Omg this brush is terrible! Bristles were too rough and it was constantly shedding! I was using the one with the black bristles and sometimes the bristles would stick to my face... it would look like im growing random black hairs! Disgusting and embarrasing! I instantly threw this away after that.

Hate it. It sheds something awful..which annoys me, because I bought it to replace a brush that I had that sheds. Paid too much for it, considering its low quality. Would not ever purchase another EofB brush.

on 11/9/2010 1:16:00 PM

Horrible brushes. The one's with the black hair sheds like crazy but my biggest problem was that the brushes bleed (powder) black color while washing it. I used a mild baby shampoo and it bled black like crazy. Not sure if anyone else had the same problem. I do not recommend.

on 7/15/2010 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this powder brush in a five brush set that came with a brush case, and this is my favorite of the five. It is very soft, fluffy and dense - it is my go-to brush for applying face powder, bronzer and blush. It applies color very evenly and its great for travel since it's such a good multi-tasker. I don't experience too much shedding with this brush, maybe one or two hairs every once in a while. I think the brush is actually pretty expensive on its own, but it might be worth it. :)

on 7/12/2010 12:10:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

The ecotools powder brush is far superior to the Essence of Beauty. It's soft but the shedding is ridiculous. It seems to be like this on all Essence of Beauty face brushes. Would not recommend at all.

on 12/1/2009 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I like the brushes from this line. This powder brush is probably my least favorite of them all, but it's still not all that bad. It provides a nice application for powder and the bristles are very soft. It does indeed shed as many other reviewers have noted. My brush doesn't shed a lot, probably about one bristle every other use, but that's just me. I love the way it blends powder in and for the price I really won't complain. Essence of Beauty makes the best brushes for this price point.

Would def buy again!! I have had this for years and it is wonderfully soft, and applies mu well. It does shed and bleed a little, but so does all my other brushes like MAC, Coastal Scents and Prescriptives. However, other than my Ecotools brushes, this one is softer than all the rest. Great price. LOVE!!

on 10/4/2009 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This brush is absolutely horrible! It shed all over the place and I THOUGHT I got out all the hairs, until my friend said I had really thick hair on my face.. EEK.

This brush also smells like my dog, probably because its made out of real hairs. It does a pretty good job dispensing my makeup on my face but I can't stand the shedding.

After a few uses it stopped shedding as so maybe later I change this review. I don't know if I should wash it or not...

on 8/3/2009 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this brush from CVS because I needed a new powder brush but didn't want to spend a lot of money. I had high hopes for this brush but It's turned out to be such a waste of money. :(

This brush shreds like crazy!! At least 3-5 hairs fall out every time I use it, since I started using it. I've washed it a couple of times, and the brush bled and shed every time. Very disappointing after all the great reviews I've read about it. :(

Popular Makeup Brushes