December 22, 2014 | 905 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Fresh Farmacy

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by AnnaThunderroad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, it seems a lot of people really like this product and I understand it's like one of Lush's bestsellers, but here are my two cents...

Of course it goes without saying that everybody's skin is different so people will have very different experiences with certain products.

Me, I have super duper dry skin, and for me, this did not work at all. It dried me out like a raisin in the sun, so much so that I had to re-apply several layers of moisturizer in the first hour of testing out this product. I got it as a free sample, by the way, and like everybody else here, I am always curious about checking out new products...

Apart from not being suited for my skin type, I have to say that I didn't feel this lathered that well, and when applying it kinda felt like the skin didn't really absorb it. Hard to describe, it just kinda felt too oily and like it doesn't really mix well with water. I'm also not a big fan of the scent. I guess it has lavender in it, which just so happens to be my least favorite scent in the world. But that again, of course, might just be me ;)

This might work well for oily or combination skin, I wouldn't know, but for dry or very dry skin I'd advise you to stay away.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Callakes777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin. I started using this for about 3 weeks. And it really dried the heck out of my skin. And didn't clear up all acne. I prefer herbalism, although I recommend Earth Science from whole foods.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by j256lee

Love this product! I have normal-combination skin (oily T zone) with dry patches and sensitivity. I previously used herbalism but my skin absolutely could not take it! The packaging is the only downside as it can get kind of messy in a solid bar form. I add water to my face and my hands then begin to lather it in my hands before applying to my face. It is the only product that can calm down my redness almost instantly! Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2014 5:54:00 AM More reviews by rach3lmaria

Since I've started using this alongside the "Breath Of Fresh Air" and the "Vanishing Cream" moisturizer, I haven't had a single major break out. a couple odd zits here and there due to hormones, but otherwise I've never been happier with my skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 5:18:00 AM More reviews by nicolewo

I love this product. It's just such a pleasant thing to wash with - it feels instantly calming on the skin, and while it doesn't generate a significant lather it does build up enough of one to feel like it is cleansing. It does leave the face a little tight, but nothing that a bit of moisturiser can't fix. It also deals with my spots quickly and effortlessly.

Product is quite good value too - I've been using it morning and night and barely a dent in the bar.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Monty613

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't think I have enough good things to say about this product. Someone had recommended it to me because I suffer from acne-prone/rosacea/sensitive/oily skin and they stated that this product contains calamine which calms the redness down. I decided to get a sample from my local Lush store and after one week of using it, I was sold. The soap doesnt really lather much, which is a bit---different, to say the least. It has a peculiar smell... not bad, not good, just bleh! but it def does what it promises to do and then some. My skin is def more calm, less oily, perfect for my ultra-sensitive skin. I take my makeup off with makeup wipes BEFORE using this soap... this is not a makeup remover, people!!! I wash with warm water twice. But, I think the BEST thing about this product is when used as spot treatment... i get just a tiny bit of the soap and mix it with warm water until it turns into a paste, i dab that on my pimples and by the next day, the redness and swelling have gone down significantly.
I love this product and it is a staple in my medicine cabinet. I highly recommend it for those with sensitive, red, acne-prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by charleyzombiie

Amaaaaaazing. I've suffered with sensitive/acne-prone/oily/all around shitty skin for years. Ive tried so many expensive facial washes until i came across this! The camomile ingredient completely soothes the skin and gets rid of any redness, so when i wash my face it gives an amazing matt finish instead of the usual greasiness! I literally can't go without it, thanks to Lush my skin is completely clear! Only downside is it can dry out the skin, but if you've got a decent moisturizer it'll be fine!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by april1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Let me preface my review by stating: I only use this bar when I've had an unfortunate random breakout and/or when hormones jack my skin up.
Eg. I was testing out a newer glycolic toner, which appeared to work for a few days, then all of the sudden I woke up with spots. Ugh.

Also, let me say, in order for this to work, you have to take your freaking makeup off to begin with. I see lots of poor reviews for specialty cleansers and if you read them carefully, they rarely mention they took off their makeup before using. DO IT.

So during these times, I take off my existing make up with some Bioderma and wet my face, making a sort of lather/paste with the FF soap. It does have a calamine smell so if you can't stand smelling it on your bug bites in the Summer, you might want to pass. I don't mind it.

I do a soft cleansing with my hands and then leave some of the paste to dry only on the places where there are spots. I tend to leave it on for about five minutes then rinse and pat dry. I might use a couple drops of lite oil or sometimes I just go to bed as is.

I think the key here is to view this soap as a "treatment soap" and not use it all the time. If I were to use this daily, it would dry my face and I wouldn't like it at all. Repeat after me: "treatment soap".

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Poofers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Everybody reacts to products individually... I personally have found my HG face wash in this. Im in my mid 30s and have skin problems since my late 20s. Hormonal cycts and the start of rosacea. Ive taken BC pills, antibiotics, topical solutions but my skin looks better than it has in long time since Ive been using Fresh Farmacy (and 9 to 5 Cleanser from LUSH too). FF is very mild and gentle, with minimal lather that cleanses well without leaving a soapy residue. Bar soap normally tears my skin up and dries it out terribly, but FF I used all through a rough midwestern winter and never had this problem (always use First Aid Beauty face cream afterwards). I used to use Cetaphil and Aquanil but those are full of parabens and preservatives which clogged my pores. I'll stick to FF and 9 to 5 from now on.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2014 6:47:00 AM More reviews by westcoasthippie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product gve me cystic acne. And no matter what I do now, it won't go away. Thank you lush for taking away any shred of remaining confidence i had left. No wonder all your employees have shit skin.