LUSH Fresh Farmacy

Calamine Powder, Propylene Glycol, Chamomile Decoction (Anthemis nobilis), Elderflower Decoction (Sambucus nigra), Rapeseed Oil; Sunflower Oil; Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Helianthus annuus; Cocos nucifera), Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Hydroxide, Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia), Chamomile Blue Oil (Chamomilla recutita), Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Sodium Chloride, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume.

on 9/15/2015 5:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was let down by this product. Lush is and has been a really great concept with amazing products but this isn't one for me.

I have combinational to dry skin and after using Fresh Farmacy just once I felt that I was completly dry. If you use this product you should moustrize alot afterwards.

Of course, if you got oily or sensitive skin this would probably help out like many other reviewers said before me, but I would never recommend this to anyone with normal or dry skin.

It smells soothing and refreshing of levender.

The packning comes in handy and is quite charming being like a regular soap but also really messy so you should keep it in something.

The price is all right, not to expensive and the product lasts a long time. Good ingredients!

on 8/27/2015 8:55:00 AM

I've been using Fresh Farmacy for a few months now and I've noticed a vast improvement in my skin. My coloring is more even and this helps soak up the small amount of oil I have without drying out my skin. I have an oily nose and this is the only product that helps combat that. The bar of Fresh Farmacy is smooth and easy to use, but it can be a pain to store. I ask the workers to cut my bar into several slices in order to preserve it and make the storage easier.

on 7/16/2015 11:06:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

It has been a little while since I have used this product, but I thought I would review anyway.
Fresh Farmacy is a pink bar soap meant for use on your face. This is geared more towards sensitive and acne prone skin, which I do not have.
The soap itself smells pretty clean, and it lathers a decent amount. After washing, your face literally feels "squeaky clean" (some people, like me, hate this feeling, while others love it). My face felt pretty tight, which is uncomfortable since my skin can get pretty dry.
After moisturizing, my face felt pretty soft and clean. However, I didn't notice any earth-shattering results from this. This may be simply because I do not have issue with acne, redness, etc.
As far as "packaging" goes, this is just a loose bar of soap (varying in size) so it can get a bit messy to store. I would suggest either keeping it in a soap dish on the counter/shower or in a tin.
All in all, if you have normal-dry skin like me, this is an OKAY cleanser, but I wouldn't recommend you run out and purchase it.
My dear friend, on the other hand, who does struggle with acne and sensitive skin, LOVES this and has repurchased on more than one occasion, as it really works for her.
I hope this helps!

on 6/23/2015 11:11:00 PM

I got this as a free sample and purchased it days after I finished the sample. I love it!! As I already use a makeup remover balm I wanted a cleanser for after that and also mornings. I have sensitive skin with red patches and frequent breakouts. I noticed results after just over a week and even had someone notice my skin looking clearer and brighter. I also actually really like the smell. I find the soap bar quite easy to use as I simply cut small pieces off the larger bar and use them one at a time. I do struggle to keep them dry, but I am thinking of using a small container to avoid this. Overall, a brilliant product, it has worked wonders for my skin, for the first time in over 6 months I've been able to go out without foundation

on 5/2/2015 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love it! This actually give me clean skin in less than 2 weeks. But it makes my skin a little dry. The price is more expensive than usual but it worth it.

on 4/4/2015 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wasn't a big fan of this. I have normal, slightly dry skin, so I usually use creme cleansers that are pretty moisturizing. However, I feel these can leave residue on my skin, so I like to use something a little more powerful once or twice a week to get a better clean feeling. I was hoping this would be a good product for that.

My biggest problem that it was VERY drying. My skin is pretty hardy and can stand up to a fair amount of experimentation in terms of skin care products, but this felt like it sapped every bit of moisture and glow out of it. Additionally, I don't feel like it cleaned very well, and I ended up with a number of zits along my jawline.

Overall, I think it's a harsh cleanser, and there are better alternatives out there. If you're interested in it, get a sample first - I ordered online and now have a block of it that I'll never end up using.

on 3/22/2015 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am totally blown away by this face wash. I much prefer solid products, which is why I tried this one out. It has a herbal scent and a very light lather which leaves my skin squeaky clean but without drying it out.

I am using this daily, once a week I use a cleansing face balm by Botanics and wash off the remnants with this afterwards. This combination has made my face super soft and clear.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Okay, it seems a lot of people really like this product and I understand it's like one of Lush's bestsellers, but here are my two cents...

Of course it goes without saying that everybody's skin is different so people will have very different experiences with certain products.

Me, I have super duper dry skin, and for me, this did not work at all. It dried me out like a raisin in the sun, so much so that I had to re-apply several layers of moisturizer in the first hour of testing out this product. I got it as a free sample, by the way, and like everybody else here, I am always curious about checking out new products...

Apart from not being suited for my skin type, I have to say that I didn't feel this lathered that well, and when applying it kinda felt like the skin didn't really absorb it. Hard to describe, it just kinda felt too oily and like it doesn't really mix well with water. I'm also not a big fan of the scent. I guess it has lavender in it, which just so happens to be my least favorite scent in the world. But that again, of course, might just be me ;)

This might work well for oily or combination skin, I wouldn't know, but for dry or very dry skin I'd advise you to stay away.

on 9/23/2014 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have combination skin. I started using this for about 3 weeks. And it really dried the heck out of my skin. And didn't clear up all acne. I prefer herbalism, although I recommend Earth Science from whole foods.

on 9/19/2014 1:04:00 AM

Love this product! I have normal-combination skin (oily T zone) with dry patches and sensitivity. I previously used herbalism but my skin absolutely could not take it! The packaging is the only downside as it can get kind of messy in a solid bar form. I add water to my face and my hands then begin to lather it in my hands before applying to my face. It is the only product that can calm down my redness almost instantly! Will definitely repurchase.