LUSH Fresh Farmacy

3.6

Calamine Powder, Propylene Glycol, Chamomile Decoction (Anthemis nobilis), Elderflower Decoction (Sambucus nigra), Rapeseed Oil; Sunflower Oil; Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Helianthus annuus; Cocos nucifera), Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Hydroxide, Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia), Chamomile Blue Oil (Chamomilla recutita), Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Sodium Chloride, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume.

on 6/23/2015 11:11:00 PM

I got this as a free sample and purchased it days after I finished the sample. I love it!! As I already use a makeup remover balm I wanted a cleanser for after that and also mornings. I have sensitive skin with red patches and frequent breakouts. I noticed results after just over a week and even had someone notice my skin looking clearer and brighter. I also actually really like the smell. I find the soap bar quite easy to use as I simply cut small pieces off the larger bar and use them one at a time. I do struggle to keep them dry, but I am thinking of using a small container to avoid this. Overall, a brilliant product, it has worked wonders for my skin, for the first time in over 6 months I've been able to go out without foundation

on 5/2/2015 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love it! This actually give me clean skin in less than 2 weeks. But it makes my skin a little dry. The price is more expensive than usual but it worth it.

on 4/4/2015 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wasn't a big fan of this. I have normal, slightly dry skin, so I usually use creme cleansers that are pretty moisturizing. However, I feel these can leave residue on my skin, so I like to use something a little more powerful once or twice a week to get a better clean feeling. I was hoping this would be a good product for that.

My biggest problem that it was VERY drying. My skin is pretty hardy and can stand up to a fair amount of experimentation in terms of skin care products, but this felt like it sapped every bit of moisture and glow out of it. Additionally, I don't feel like it cleaned very well, and I ended up with a number of zits along my jawline.

Overall, I think it's a harsh cleanser, and there are better alternatives out there. If you're interested in it, get a sample first - I ordered online and now have a block of it that I'll never end up using.

on 3/22/2015 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am totally blown away by this face wash. I much prefer solid products, which is why I tried this one out. It has a herbal scent and a very light lather which leaves my skin squeaky clean but without drying it out.

I am using this daily, once a week I use a cleansing face balm by Botanics and wash off the remnants with this afterwards. This combination has made my face super soft and clear.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Okay, it seems a lot of people really like this product and I understand it's like one of Lush's bestsellers, but here are my two cents...

Of course it goes without saying that everybody's skin is different so people will have very different experiences with certain products.

Me, I have super duper dry skin, and for me, this did not work at all. It dried me out like a raisin in the sun, so much so that I had to re-apply several layers of moisturizer in the first hour of testing out this product. I got it as a free sample, by the way, and like everybody else here, I am always curious about checking out new products...

Apart from not being suited for my skin type, I have to say that I didn't feel this lathered that well, and when applying it kinda felt like the skin didn't really absorb it. Hard to describe, it just kinda felt too oily and like it doesn't really mix well with water. I'm also not a big fan of the scent. I guess it has lavender in it, which just so happens to be my least favorite scent in the world. But that again, of course, might just be me ;)

This might work well for oily or combination skin, I wouldn't know, but for dry or very dry skin I'd advise you to stay away.

on 9/23/2014 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have combination skin. I started using this for about 3 weeks. And it really dried the heck out of my skin. And didn't clear up all acne. I prefer herbalism, although I recommend Earth Science from whole foods.

on 9/19/2014 1:04:00 AM

Love this product! I have normal-combination skin (oily T zone) with dry patches and sensitivity. I previously used herbalism but my skin absolutely could not take it! The packaging is the only downside as it can get kind of messy in a solid bar form. I add water to my face and my hands then begin to lather it in my hands before applying to my face. It is the only product that can calm down my redness almost instantly! Will definitely repurchase.

on 9/3/2014 5:54:00 AM

Since I've started using this alongside the "Breath Of Fresh Air" and the "Vanishing Cream" moisturizer, I haven't had a single major break out. a couple odd zits here and there due to hormones, but otherwise I've never been happier with my skin!

on 8/24/2014 5:18:00 AM

I love this product. It's just such a pleasant thing to wash with - it feels instantly calming on the skin, and while it doesn't generate a significant lather it does build up enough of one to feel like it is cleansing. It does leave the face a little tight, but nothing that a bit of moisturiser can't fix. It also deals with my spots quickly and effortlessly.

Product is quite good value too - I've been using it morning and night and barely a dent in the bar.

on 8/18/2014 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't think I have enough good things to say about this product. Someone had recommended it to me because I suffer from acne-prone/rosacea/sensitive/oily skin and they stated that this product contains calamine which calms the redness down. I decided to get a sample from my local Lush store and after one week of using it, I was sold. The soap doesnt really lather much, which is a bit---different, to say the least. It has a peculiar smell... not bad, not good, just bleh! but it def does what it promises to do and then some. My skin is def more calm, less oily, perfect for my ultra-sensitive skin. I take my makeup off with makeup wipes BEFORE using this soap... this is not a makeup remover, people!!! I wash with warm water twice. But, I think the BEST thing about this product is when used as spot treatment... i get just a tiny bit of the soap and mix it with warm water until it turns into a paste, i dab that on my pimples and by the next day, the redness and swelling have gone down significantly.
I love this product and it is a staple in my medicine cabinet. I highly recommend it for those with sensitive, red, acne-prone skin.