MAC Cherish Lipstick

4.1

This is my #1 fave MAC lipstick. It is underrated in terms of hype or rave reviews about it. I've never seen or heard a youtuber apply or talk about this color. it is an older MAC color because I did purchase this about 5 years ago and I'm due for yet another tube of this.

why i love it:
- Cherish is the perfect nude color. there is no hint of pink underneath. It is a browner nude which I have found to be more flattering on me. I am fair-skinned with cool skin undertones so not all nude or pink lipsticks look great on me. I have 5 pink lipsticks that are just not the right shades because of my undertones.
- this color, like most nudes, are wearable on an everyday basis, or can be worn for special events with a dramatic eye.
- on days, mostly for work, when I can't decide what to put on my lips, I put Cherish on. it is ALWAYS in my bag. always
- the satin finish is flattering. if it came in another finish, it would be a hot mess.

on 1/9/2015 7:36:00 AM

Great nude without looking like I'm sick or have foundation on my lips.

on 12/14/2014 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I am very fair-skinned with pigmented cool-toned lips. I find this shade is very flattering on me and cancels out the purple in my lips allowing a nice nude begie-y color to come through. I also love this and am giving it 5/5 because I find this is the one MAC l/s I own that doesn't dry out my lips. I have two others (Cremesheens) but since this is a Satin formula, I don't find it makes my lips peel and flake. I find this is much more of a flattering shade of "nude" on me than MAC's creme d'nude!

Update review I bought two cherish lipsticks to replace viva glam II as my nude. After trying cherish a few times I do like it alot its the best of the nudes and this along with creme de la femme will be my signatures.

on 8/3/2014 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

My absolute favorite nude lipstick of all time!!! I've tried several nude lippies, from drug store to high end, but this is by far my holy grail of all nude lipsticks. Cherish is on the peachy side as opposed to pinky. This shade definitely compliments my yellow undertoned skin, but I think it'll work for anyone whether you are very fair, tan/olive, or dark. You can wear this shade with a smokey eye, a neutral look, or even colorful shadows. It's definitely universal. I will continue to repurchase this lipstick forever!

on 7/3/2014 6:46:00 PM

My HG nude! Looks great on pigmented lips and tanned skin too! Doesn't dry out on my lips.

This is now my HG nude! I have fairly pale skin but even though Cherish is rather dark, it looks amazing! I tried Creme de Nude and I really didn't like because it looked rather foundation-ey, but this is a beautiful colour.

on 5/1/2014 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great nude for pigmented lips. It is not a light colour, I would say similar intensity as Kinda Sexy but Kinda Sexy has a rosy hue while Cherish has a warmer peachier undertone. I can wear both and like both, but Cherish has a more muted nude look on me. Cherish is ligther than Velvet Teddy, I couldn't wear Velvet Teddy as it was a tad too dark. Very similar also to the LE Brave New Bronze, Brave New Bronze was a little pinker. The texture is great, has enough slip.

on 3/24/2014 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Finally I have found my HG nude lipstick!!!!!!!!!!

I have an olive medium-tan skin tone, NC30-40 depending on the season and like everyone else I have searched for the perfect nude to suit me and this is definitely it.

MAC describes 'Cherish' as a 'soft muted peachy-beige' which I agree with but I can also see a slight rosey tone to it as well. It is a Satin finish, making it have a slightly dry formula but that means it has great lasting power, which I would say is roughly 4+ hours on me. The dryness is easily fixed with some gloss and lip balm underneath.

I would highly recommend this shade if you're anywhere near the same skin tone as me and haven't been completely happy with the nudes you've tried, try this on at the MAC counter! I love pairing this with NYX's Butter gloss in Tiramisu as well :)

on 12/20/2013 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have been wanting to try this lipstick out for years and I finally got the chance to at the local MAC counter. I thought that this would be a light nude similar to MAC Peachstock. This shade was similar to my natural lip shade and I just was not impressed. On to the next lipstick. I will not purchase.

Popular Lipsticks