July 23, 2014 | 2099 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Cherish Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by NatachaXoxo

My HG nude! Looks great on pigmented lips and tanned skin too! Doesn't dry out on my lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by celinewheeler93

This is now my HG nude! I have fairly pale skin but even though Cherish is rather dark, it looks amazing! I tried Creme de Nude and I really didn't like because it looked rather foundation-ey, but this is a beautiful colour.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2014 4:14:00 AM More reviews by kikidaisy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great nude for pigmented lips. It is not a light colour, I would say similar intensity as Kinda Sexy but Kinda Sexy has a rosy hue while Cherish has a warmer peachier undertone. I can wear both and like both, but Cherish has a more muted nude look on me. Cherish is ligther than Velvet Teddy, I couldn't wear Velvet Teddy as it was a tad too dark. Very similar also to the LE Brave New Bronze, Brave New Bronze was a little pinker. The texture is great, has enough slip, overall love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally I have found my HG nude lipstick!!!!!!!!!!

I have an olive medium-tan skin tone, NC30-40 depending on the season and like everyone else I have searched for the perfect nude to suit me and this is definitely it.

MAC describes 'Cherish' as a 'soft muted peachy-beige' which I agree with but I can also see a slight rosey tone to it as well. It is a Satin finish, making it have a slightly dry formula but that means it has great lasting power, which I would say is roughly 4+ hours on me. The dryness is easily fixed with some gloss and lip balm underneath.

I would highly recommend this shade if you're anywhere near the same skin tone as me and haven't been completely happy with the nudes you've tried, try this on at the MAC counter! I love pairing this with NYX's Butter gloss in Tiramisu as well :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been wanting to try this lipstick out for years and I finally got the chance to at the local MAC counter. I thought that this would be a light nude similar to MAC Peachstock. This shade was similar to my natural lip shade and I just was not impressed. On to the next lipstick. I will not purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by Asti1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my new favourite nude lippie from Mac. I am currently nc35 due to the hot weather over here in London this summer and Cherish is the perfect nude to go with my tanned skin. It doesn't give me the dreaded 'concealer' lip look like Myth or Creme d Nude sometimes can, and the colour makes me feel classy and polished. It's a browny rosey true nude colour. If your medium skin toned I would say this is the perfect nude shade for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I thought this shade would only suit complexions beyond NC/NW40, but this actually looked quite beautiful and earthy on my NC20-25 skin tone. The brown undertones really help make it look natural, which is surprising because...well, brown doesn't sound so flattering as a lip color (but I am just now discovering that brown undertones are excellent on any warm complexions). On me, it looks like a toned down, burnt rose sorta shade. This would be a full on nude shade for someone darker. Honestly, it's one of those shades that will probably look great on any skin shade. If you're pale, this will just give you a vampy, sexy almost wine colored lip.

The finish is rather unusual. The first few swipes feel matte, but after layering I realized it's more silky. Not glossy, but silky. It's opaque.

If this is too brown for you, try Brave for a rosier tone. If you are looking for a peachier nude, try Peachstock.

If you like this but find it a tad too dark and want something glossier but with same opacity, I would suggest Fable by Hourglass. Fable is one step lighter but with the same pinkish brown undertones.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by leandraheartsmakeup

This is my go to nude lip color! It suits medium to darker skin tones because it's a darker nude with hints of brown and pink. A lot of nude lipsticks wash me out but this doesn't. It goes on very creamy and I absolutely love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Paavaki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my favorite nude lipstick. I am NC 30 with very pigmented lips, but this is richly pigmented and opaque and covers the entire pigmentation. Does not make me look dead. It has a great lasting power too.Does last through meal and drinks. The color is peachy brown with a hint of pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 2:02:00 AM More reviews by NikkiDagger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Cherish & Brave New Bronze (LE) are almost identical colors that blend in beautifully with my C5/NC42 skin tone, without looking like I have concealer on my lips and both have Satin finishes. BUT, somehow Cherish doesn't feel as dry. For that reason alone, Cherish has replaced Brave Brave New Bronze as my HG nude. Plus, Cherish has the added bonus of being part of the permanent line. So, I don't have to worry about availability when I run out of my current tube.