July 25, 2014 | 1842 users online

Skincare - Face - Obagi - CLENZIderm MD

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2014 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Gissellieekins

This is a really good acne cleanser. I struggle with acne & acne scars but when I first used this system, I had a couple pimples forming & it completely stopped them from their tracks. I was so amazed on how I wasn't getting anything for a couple days cause I normally always wakeup with new pimples but I went to the beach & I started breaking out again but It was probably because I was eating a lot of junk food but this system actually dried the new pimples up faster. It REALLY dries out your skin & makes it flaky. Mine started flaking up & it was gross but I recently got the clarisonic mia 2 so it takes care of that. I only use the benzol peroxide cream at night cause it tingles my skin. So far I've been using this system for about a month & my pimples have eased down. Now I'm just trying to get my acne scars to go away.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by xkianax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love this!!! It cleared up my teenage acne for the most part, though I naturally get a pimple here and there. I can't say the same for acne marks though. I'd recommend steady tretinoin use on that! Please give this a go if you have acne troubles! It's extremely professional, and good on most people. It's for whiteheads and blackheads and all that, so it doesn't apply to hormonal acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 5:09:00 AM More reviews by balancedbeauty

OHMYGOD for the last year, i've struggled with mild to moderate acne and a ridiculous amount of congestion on my cheeks and forehead. So many people have commented on that aswell as the redness that have made a home on my cheeks.
I have lots of little scars (dark and red) too.
I finally went to the derm (who's my moms' too and she has fab skin) and he recommended the oily skin version of the clenziderm as well as medicated pads.
He was really nice and gave a discount too, so it wasn't that pricey for me.
After 2 days, i stopped breaking out, but my skin was very dry and it was peeling, i couldn't use a moisturizer and the derm told me not to.
I only use the bp at night. The bp is the hero of the system. It killed all the bacteria practically overnight and dried everything up.
The SA cleanser and SA toner minimized pores and got rid and diminished the appearance of every single annoying blackhead smattered across my nose and cheeks.
All the tiny whiteheads and clogged pores dried up and were easily scrubbed away by the medicated pads.
After around a week, gorgeous clear skin started to emerge, scars started to fade and my face even had a glow.
This has definitely reached HG status for me.
But seriously, you have too be careful. The bp is STRONG. its 5% which is a high amount to put in a very concentrated serum. Just spread a layer over your face, half a pump should be enough, don't go over 'needed' areas as it'll just be overkill and made that area raw and red. Trust me, i've been there. The toner is a little harsh and tightens your entire face but you'll get past that as it works incredibly well. I literally have no pores whatsoever.
Tips:
READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. Let each product sink in properly and not mix em up.
Leave the cleanser on for a couple minutes, wait 15 minutes, apply toner, wait 30 minutes (or longer), apply bp, wait at least 30 minutes so you won't bleach anything while you sleep.
USE THE BP ONLY AT NIGHT. Although they say twice a day, i personally think that thats overkill. Moderation is key. The cleanser and toner already killed the little bacteria that has gathered on your face. At least only use it on affected areas in the morning.
Nothing has worked for me like this has and trust me, i have tried lots of things. This even beats the natural diy stuff that i THOUGHT cleared my skin and made it look decent.
Overall this stuff is a miracle and i strongly recommend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by shlebly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is such a lifesaver, works better than anything else I've used before. 100% worth the price in my opinion. I have pretty oily skin and I mostly get those really deep, big, under-the-skin pimples you can feel coming. I first started using the entire set about a year ago and my skin started looking and feeling better within the first couple of days. I started off only using the benzoyl peroxide once a day and then moved into using it morning and night. It did make my skin noticeably flaky/red in certain areas, but it was worth it.

Long story short, the vast majority of those big pimples I used to get stop coming up. This stuff is also one of the few things that can completely stop a pimple in its tracks. I now only use the BP since the whole set is a little expensive, but the BP completely gets the job done. I still get pimples, but they're in much less quantity, so it's nothing concerning. I'm so grateful the BP has been working for over a year now.

I stopped using the BP after I couldn't find it and went on vacation for a few weeks, and instead used some lower-quality BP that I'd ordered online. I started breaking out more and realized how important this stuff is at keeping my skin clear. I recommended any obagi products to my cousin and now she's hooked on Obagi products too! Finally I can focus on college and I'm no longer constantly upset and stressed about my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by allianchor

After the worst breakout of my life from trying the oil cleansing method, NOTHING could unclog my pores. Then I went to visit my sister, who is a nurse, and after taking one look at my skin, she ran off to the hospital and came back with this cleansing system. Even half priced I have to pay $80 for it, but it is the best $80 I've ever spent. It cleared my skin in about two weeks, and after three months of suffering that terrible breakout, I'm so thankful to have my beautiful skin back! Talk about a HG product!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by majorslayage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have never written a review of a product on here, but I felt compelled to do so for Clenziderm. I got a facial at a medical spa on Saturday, and my aesthetician thought that this system may help me and encouraged me to buy it. I had great skin in high school, but as I've gotten older it has actually gotten worse (I'm 24), with a combination of milia (small hard cysts of keratin deep in the skin, usually only possible to remove with extraction by an aesthetician) and open and closed comedones on my cheeks mainly, but also on my temples and jawline. I know this kind of acne is hormonal, and for me the frustrating thing was that even if others couldn't tell (acne rarely came to a head but made my skin look and feel gravelly especially up close), I felt self-conscious about the texture and would wear BB creme or foundation which only exacerbated the problem and the cycle of bad skin. Ive been using this for five days and my skin is now nearly flawless. I am in shock. Sometimes I would have a similar effect using Proactiv but the potency would wear off after a few weeks and my skin would sort of become immune to the Proactiv, which I hope doesn't happen with this. The milia are easier to extract myself because the drying has caused the skin to be easier to get to, and all the blackheads from my nose and chin are gone, as well as the comedones on my cheeks. It sort of feels miraculous! I've been using the normal to oily, and can't recommend this enough. It does sting a bit, but I always just feel like that means it's really working. Stick with this and alternate the cleanser with an exfoliator, and use with your Clarisonic. I hope your results are as satisfying and quick as mine have been thus far!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 3:46:00 AM More reviews by sainess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried everything proactiv, retinol, vmv, natures gate, garner, nuetregina, acne dote etc.. But nothing works I have been breaking out for 4 years and acne did affect my confidence

at first it did hurt a lot because the benzoyl peroxide burns ,stings my face is red and peeling but I stick to the regime within 2weeks I've seen improvement on my skin and after 1 1/2 month I'm almost clear clenziderm save my skin I can know go out with makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by loverbee123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

1. I have only been using this product for two days. I will update this review in a few weeks.
2. I use the system for normal to dry skin
3. The benzoyal peroxide burns like hell for about two minutes and my face turns red. After this two minutes my face is GLOWING. I have read that this is normal for the first two weeks. At least I know it is doing something!!
4. After only 2 days of using this it is seriously like the gross things under my skin are drying up and falling off. I don't have "pimples" per say. I have these little pockets of who knows what in my skin and they form little bubbles. They are rarely ever large pimples.
5. i use this together with my clarisonic that I just bought.
6. As for the price, I will pretty much pay anything if it WORKS..which this DOES WORK!

Also, for the people who are like "I just can't stick through the regimen because it is too hard". What is wrong with you? It takes 5 minutes.

BUY THIS STUFF. YOU WONT REGRET IT!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by JennaNnagel

I really wanted to like this product after all of the positive reviews on it., but I had to stop using it. I LOVED this product at first, it made my skin feel sooooo clean! But after about 5 days, it started to purge my skin. I did expect this to happen since it does have Salicylic acid in it. However, the purging continued to last over 3 weeks! I couldn't take it anymore, I was sick of being broken out and had to stop. It was also very drying on my skin. I was only using a pea sized amount. Very irritating on my skin.
The only good thing is that I no longer have blackheads on my nose. Maybe if I stuck it out for a few more weeks my skin would have cleared up but 3 weeks was long enough for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Leaahh107

If you're committed and dedicated to getting clear skin, this product is for you. It took a few trials for me to truly use the whole system every day, twice a day, but I finally stuck to it and it's been a few months now and I am so thrilled to say my skin is clear and healthy!
My dermatologist gave me this product a long while ago, along with the toner that goes with it, and a different spot treatment. They all felt really good on my skin and worked quickly and powerfully. But the only con is that it really is a pain in the butt to go through all the steps. Also, after a couple weeks my skin looked much better, but started to dry and peel. So I went out and bought a nice moisturizer, which quickly solved the problem.
I love this face wash, it foams nicely and feels so nice on my skin. It gives a nice, tingly, cool, clean feeling.

Thanks to this product, my skin is clear! It was well worth the money and time, and I'm so glad I found this.