November 23, 2014 | 1017 users online

Liquid - Biotherm - Longwear Detox

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 7:48:00 AM More reviews by laiagmartin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Soft and light foundation, I use to put some powder over it (I have combination skin and it kinda kills my oilyness in the T-zone). I love it, it's a stapler in my makeup stash.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2009 4:28:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

A very good foundation! I love Biotherm products and I am sorry that their makup does not get all the attention it should deserve... (plus it is getting discontinued /re-lauched all the time, I mean the makeup line)
The products are of a very good quality and all infused with Spa water.
That said, I am really liking this foundation. I like the feel when I apply it, it is soft...airy, lightly scented; although it's a liquid foundation (comes with a nice pump bottle), the application is a pleasure as it seems to put on a liquid-to-powder product.
The main feeling is that my skin really breathe in it; the coverage: it is Ok, I wish it was a little bit more covering, but all I need is a good concelaer on my dark spots.
As far as long wear is concerned... well, honelstly EL Double Wear is unbeatable (but it does have a mask like effect), Long Wear Detox is fine for the main hours of the day but it will not resist a16 hours marathon!
But, mind you, it realy keeps my shiny T-zone under control (no blotting!) so to that extent, it performs really well,
I have this in shade 515 (lightest shade with yellow undertones) that is a perfect match for my NC15 (in winter) skintone.
So to recap: the textuer is a marvel, the shade is perfect, the coverage is medium, the stay-on power could be better, but controls well the shine.
You could say that there are better performing foundations out ther but I am asking myself, why am I reaching everyday this foundation among the 15 bottles I own?
my answer is because the feel on the skin is pretty unique, my skin feels free and oxigenated when I wear this.
So, I totally recommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2008 11:33:00 PM More reviews by mujigae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have an extremely oily complexion and when I came across this foundation, I would rate it over average, but its still not the best. the coverage seemed a bit too light or maybe its because I was using a heavier corrective foundation because so it was hard to get used to the lightness of this foundation. however, it felt very very wonderful on the skin and doesnt break me out. the foundation I was using before was LA ROCHE POSAY's corrective foundation, my nose gets so oily but the irony is that its also dry?!?! and the La Roche really accentuated the dry skin and made me look liek I was trying to cover up dry ugly but oily skin.... =(
I try to look for a natural looking foundation and I LOVED the effects of this one that it made me look so natural.

the only thing about it is... im not sure if its really "long wear"... maybe its cuz the weather's getting hot and I hate it cuz nothing stays (cuz i sweat alot too)

thumbs up though!

UPDATE 13/5:
this foundation is not quite long wear for me. which has been one important thing that i was looking for. so im lowering its score...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2008 4:02:00 PM More reviews by CaptainObvious

I normally buy Smashbox foundation, as it covers and evens out the skin very well. The only problem I found was that their lightest shade for the latest product I was using was a tiny bit too dark. I have extremely pale skin, so it's hard to find a foundation that matches my skin properly. Sometimes I find foundation that's actually TOO pale for me (damn you, L'Oreal!) also.

With Biotherm's foundation I found it matched my skin nicely (shade 515, the lightest). It might be a tiny bit darker than my skin-tone, I'm not exactly sure (not much darker though, so it's fine), but I have a lighter powder that I put over that kind of evens it out. Even without the powder it's not bad. Why am I not taking a lippy off for this? Because other than that the foundation is wonderful. It makes my skin look FLAWLESS, and it's much cheaper than the Smashbox foundation I used to use. Compare $29 for Biotherm to $44 for Smashbox. I find this foundation actually works better than what I used to use, so it's well worth the price. I absolutely love it. It makes my skin radiant! When I went back to work for the summer I actually got a comment from my boss saying she thought my skin had cleared up a lot and was very radiant. Little does she know I just got an awesome foundation ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2007 6:56:00 PM More reviews by peacefulheart

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

If this were lighter, I would really be in love, that said, this in shade 515 is pretty darn close to being HG!! I had looked everywhere and believe me, from high end to low end-this is it for me. I am very curious to see if there are other shades that Biotherm makes that may be pale enough to be perfect. This is $24, I ordered mine online and shipping was free at that time. The bottle is a pump bottle too! Love it-it does not have SPF, but I put on Dermadoctor beforehand. (for reference I am 52,(going thru that fun menopause thing) very pale complected, MAC NC15 is too yellow on me. UPDATE: I am sending it back-it turns colors on me and also I think may be breaking me out.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2007 12:21:00 PM More reviews by henrieka

I`ve been looking for a new foundation for ages, and I think I`ve tried just about anything: Clinique, Lancome, Dior, Kanebo, Shiseido, Clarins, Estee Lauder, Chanel..and I just wasn`t satisfied. I have combination skin. First of all, oil control is usually poor - and some powder foundations make me look flakey. More importantly, as a PPP I have a hard time finding colors that are light enough. For some reason, the lightest shades a brand has (Lancome, Chanel) is not available here. So I didn`t have much hope when a great SA showed my this new foundation and gave me a sample. I love it! I have it in 515, which is the lightest shade. It covers up, evens out skintone and makes skin look fresh and radiant - without being too mattifying or too dewy. It comes in a very convenient pump bottle and the price isn`t too bad either. I use a foundation brush to apply it, and set it with Shiseidos loose powder. My only gripe with this is the lack of SPF. Biotherm have SPF 15 in all their foundations, except Matte Souffle and this one. Why?! Anyway, using a sunscreen under isn`t too much of a hassle. So, big rave from me for this one!
EDIT: Downgraded this to three lippies - oil control wasn`t good enough, and I felt it was too mask-like.