Aveeno Active Naturals Positively Ageless Daily Moisturizer SPF 30

3.6

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (2.998%) (Sunscreen), Homosalate (12%) (Sunscreen), Octisalate (5%) (Sunscreen), Octocrylene (1.7%) (Sunscreen), Oxybenzone (3%) (Sunscreen) Inactive Ingredients: Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Algae Extract, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Boron Nitride, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Cyclopentasiloxane, Diethylhexyl 2,6 Naphthalate, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Ganoderma Lucidum Stem Extract (Mushroom), Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Laureth 7, Lentinula Edodes Extract (shiitake mushroom), Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Propylparaben, Silica, Steareth 2, Steareth 21, Water, May Contain: Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide

on 4/7/2015 7:41:00 PM

I originally tried this because my mother swore by it. My extremely sensitive skin wasn't upset at all, which was a miracle! It goes on smoothly, leaves skin with a bit of a glow. Under my matte foundation, it helps give a "highlighter" effect and makes the foundation look more natural. Really, this product is 3-in-1 for me! I use it most days, year round.

I wouldn't say this is a moisturizer on its own, as I feel it is pretty thin and doesn't fully "sink in". (I often layer another moisturizer underneath and use this for SPF protection, in winter months.) It does leave a smooth finish, but is slightly oily and decreases the longevity of my makeup a short amount. But it does a great job at several purposes for a reasonable price.

on 11/24/2014 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is the perfect moisturizer for me. It's lightweight, absorbs into my skin, doesn't make my skin oily and gives my skin a nice glow. I have very sensitive skin and most moisturizers breaks me out but that hasn't happened with this one. It's a little pricey but worth it.

on 7/11/2012 3:04:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Let me start by saying that I got this product at an awesome price! It was during CVS big discounts on makeup/skin care. I got this for 50% off!
There are two very strong points to this. 1) SPF 30! I have been having a very tough time finding a face lotion that is over SPF15, I saw this and grabbed it so fast.
2) The packaging. I love love love the packaging. I need lotion on the go because there are plenty of overnighters and short trips for me during the summer. This has a pump that has a cap! The bottle is a harder plastic, so I don't have to worry about it getting squashed in my bag= LOTION EXPLOSION! hahaha
This also is great because I have wonderful control over the amount of product. Other squeeze lotions, in my 4:45am getting ready phase, tend to over do it and having too much come out.

and the smell. It does have a strong sent (dissapears fairly soon) that I happen to like, but that may bother some people.

It doesn't make my skin feel greasy. And I have yet to have a face/neck/chest burn so far this season!

I am very happy I found this on sale, because I think it's kind of expensive for how much product you get. However, I find coupons in my paper, so I think that would help!

I LOVE THIS!!!!!! I have sensitive, break out prone skin. This is awesome. It gives me a nice glow without making my skin look oily or breaking me out. Just a tiny bit goes a long way and it provides coverage from the suns harmful rays. I did not expect to love it so much but this stuff is truly amazing. Since I've started wearing it I have gotten compliments on my "flawless" skin.

on 4/24/2012 6:41:00 PM

this review is for the tinted moisturizer positively ageless moisturizer spf 30.. it left me orange, blotchy, and didn't even moisturize! I feel drier than before. I am returning it.

on 2/5/2012 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

My skin responds very well to this moisturizer! (But beware, I have very normal skin that is neither oily nor dry. If you have oily skin this will make you look realllllly shiny) My skin tone actually has actually evened out to a degree. I usually spend no more than $10 on face moisturizer but I felt the need to splurge the day I purchased. I dont regret it. Unfortunately the bottle looks large but does not actually have a lot of product in it... a little deceiving. I hypothetically would repurchase but I am going to keep trying new products. Maybe I will come back to this!

on 1/17/2012 2:35:00 PM

This is the first drugstore moisturizer I've bought in a long time and I'm impressed. I was previously using La Prairie's daytime moisturizer for many years but still felt that my face turned greasy after a few hours. Hearing great things about Aveeno in general, I though I would try this out. It goes on slightly matte & my face gets only slightly oily mid-day (usually I would have to break out the blotting papers by then). It moisturizes quite nicely & has SPF 30, vs most other moisturizers have SPF 15. It layers well under my makeup and doesn't pill on my face.

The only cons I have are the packaging. While I like the pump, the actual package is probably 1.5-2 times longer than it needs to be. There is 1.7 oz of total product - so why the big, bulky package?
Overall, I like this product a lot and have already bought it again. Yes, at $17/bottle it's not cheap for a drugstore moisturizer but it's 10 times less than my former moisturizer.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I am at that lovely place where I have to combat wrinkles & ance. I thought that I would try Aveeno, after trying the more expensive brands; Dermalogica & Arbonne. This stuff is bizarre, it's thick & matte, but did leave a weird film, like peeling skin. It made my chin breakout and I saw visible dry patches under my foundation, though my skin felt softer... Bizarre.
It did help with the fine lines under my eyes, but overall, I can not recommend this for even slightly acne prone skin.
I'll just have to use it on my wrinkles and go back to Dermalogica...

on 9/12/2011 6:41:00 PM

I have mature skin and despise applying a separate moisturizer and sunscreen. So while this product is far from perfect it beats most of the far more expensive moisturizer + sunscreen products I've tried, and I've tried a lot. I will keep experimenting with samples of other products because as a previous reviewer mentioned, the packaging stinks (cannot see through to determine when you are running empty) and some days it feels a little greasy. Still, having the 30 SPF is a plus, the scent is light, it's reasonably priced, and it doesn't leave shredded bits of product on my skin that I find an hour later. That was a problem I had with the other Aveeno daytime moisturizer - sorry to digress.

on 9/12/2011 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

If you are oily, this is not a good product for you. I have to blot and apply powder several times a day when I wear this. Because of this, I only wear this on days when I'm just running small errands and need a minimal amount of SPF protection. It also has a rather strong smell that lingers throughout the day. I only got this because it was $10 at Walgreens and I would not repurchase at regular price.