October 20, 2014 | 2138 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Booths - Black Licorice Eye Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by kawright

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pretty average product. Not the greatest eye cream ever, but not the worst either. It's OK as far as providing moisture without irritation to my undereye area, but did nothing to combat/prevent fine lines or signs of aging. Takes a bit of time to completely absorb, so it's probably better for use at night. Also did nothing about my dark circles, but I've never found an eye cream that has done anything to fight those, so I can't hold that against it. It was difficult to get the last bits of product out of the container, so the packaging could use a little work. Decent drugstore-quality eye cream for a drugstore price, so go for it if all you're looking for is moisture in your eye cream.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Liking it. I'm not that old, but I HAVE been noticing the beginning of fine lines under my eyes...I don't seek out the sun, I wear sunglasses, sun protection, it could only be a case of dehydration. That is where this cream comes in. It's a decent moisturizer for under eyes. My top reasons I will repurchase: 1. doesn't irritate my eyes or 2. ball up, like Guinot and Arbonne's offerings do (they're the only other eye creams I've tried thus far--they are both far more $$ than this), and 3. inexpensive.
Nothing fancy, a no-frills decent cream. Bit thick, so I like to spread it around--this way, I find it covers the majority of my cheeks/around my mouth area too. The people who say this faded under-eye circles: I think for those who are genetically predisposed to them (e.g. due to bone structure) or have another underlying cause (like allergies), it won't help, so keep that in mind.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by jconfer

Decent. Doesnt make me breakout.. moisturizes but I cant tell if it works or not. I want to try Kiehl's Avocado Eye Cream.. so that will be my next venture..

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by jett_gull

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was trying to save money so I bought this online for about $12. I used it for a few weeks and was really disappointed by the results: my undereye circles seemed darker, the area under my eyes sunken and the little wrinkles deeper. I was so troubled by my appearance that I asked my mom if she had any other eye cream. She had a decent sized sample of Lancome's High Resolution Eye Refill-3X that I used over the next month or so, and the change was dramatic: the area under my eyes filled out and the wrinkles were less noticeable. When I ran out, I decided not to buy it because it's pretty expensive, so I did some research on MUA and found that Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado is highly rated. It's $27 for 0.5 oz, which is the lowest priced eye cream at Nordstrom (according to a salesperson) and a little over twice the price of Booth's. The Kiehl's stuff works! Check out the reviews for that product.

I really can't recommend the Booth's eye cream to anyone, even younger people with perfect skin. I've been using department store eye cream for years and to go to this stuff was very disappointing. The way I see it, rather than spend thousands of dollars on plastic surgery later in life, spend a little extra money now and get yourself some good eye cream because when people see your face, the first thing that they look at are your eyes, and if you have wrinkles there, you will look older.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by enticx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

c. Booth Black Licorice Eye Cream contains .5 fl oz (15 ml), I bought it for about USD$13 in Ulta, it is always out of stock online, so when I saw this available in Miami, I HAD to grab it.

Honestly, this is my 2nd eye cream I have ever tried. The first one I ever owned was Body Shopís Vitamin C Eye Reviver which didnít do much for me.

I like that the c. Booth one was affordable, but honestly, it didnít do much for me, I wanted something that will take away my dark eye circles, I donít see an improvement after using it for 4 months. I naturally donít have eye bags, so I canít say much about it.

I will however, say that this product helped in hydrating the skin around my eye (diminishes the wrinkles), which is the only reason why I would continue using it. I will not be repurchasing this (will keep on trying other eye creams till I find my holy grail one!)

Take note, donít put it under your concealer as it will slide the make up off!

Pros: moisturizes under eyes, no unpleasant/strong scent, affordable

Cons: mineral oil(some people have a problem with it), does not help dark eye circles.

Overall, 4/10 stars.

more here: http://nicxmu.tumblr.com/post/5646673515/c-booth-black-licorice-eye-cream

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2010 11:58:00 PM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Let's just say I was excited to try this as I have been using some great natural brand eye creams for affordable prices these days that work better than my he ones ever did. I love this line but when I found out this eye cream has mineral oil in it the love ended for me lol. It's a cheap filler and for me the kiss of death that casues clogged proes and breakouts. So huge pass on my end and sticking with my beloved HG Avalon Organics Vit C Revitalizing Eye Cream.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by monkeysss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

"This non-greasy eye cream fights back with natural avocado, wheat germ oils and most importantly black licorice root. Signs of aging are visibly diminished, and the suppleness of younger, healthier-looking skin is instantly restored."

Yum...this product really DOES smell like black licorice! (which may or may not be a good thing, depending on personal preference...I personally give the scent thumbs up!) C. Booth's Black Licorice Eye Cream comes in a tiny 0.5 Fl Oz/15 mL tub. The product is a white, slightly thick, hydrating cream. I am an eye cream novice, as this is only the 3rd or 4th eye cream I have given a go. Of the few I've tried, this one takes the cake. I consider it my HG and my search for a satisfying eye cream has been put on hiatus. Am I convinced better is out there? Yes. That is why I haven't given this product the full 5 lippies. Nonetheless, this $12 product by C.Booth has satisfied my dry eyes and leaves me a happy camper.

PROS-
~ Very hydrating: My eyes were very dry from harsh cleaners (I have oily skin, and wash it often and with drying gel, salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide cleansers) and this helps restore the moisture, even in the dry winter months.
~ Lasts a long time: I've had my wee little tub for a good few months and use it at least once a day, maybe twice. Still have a decent amount left.
~ Only need a little bit: I feel like I use less of this cream as I have with others in the past.
~ Easier to get all of the cream out because it is packaged in a tub and not a tube.

CONS-
~The tub wasn't full when I opened it: I swear this first tub was only half full when I first got it, and the second one I have waiting to be used is only 75% full.
~ If exposed to air for too long the cream's consistency seems to thicken and get a bit sticky, but that can be easily avoided by replacing the cap tightly after each use :)
~ I've had a few zits pop up near my eyelids, making this a possible pore-clogger. I cannot I am 100% certain of this, though, but most likely it is the culprit.

Overall, I really like this eye cream. I only need an eye cream for hydration, and this one provides long lasting hydration. I don't even NEED to use this eye cream twice a day because it hydrates so well, but I prefer to. I'm 21 years old and luckily don't have puffy eyes or dark circles, at least a noticeable extent. Also don't have any crow's feet or wrinkles because I'm pretty young, so I cannot say this eye cream is truly anti-aging or not. If you need an eye cream for dry eyes, I do recommend this one!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2010 9:59:00 PM More reviews by ile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love the smell and packaging. Although I haven't seen any improvement on my dark semi-circles (colorwise) this cream is really moisturizing and the best part it doesn't make my eyes sting (like all about eyes did!) just that makes it my HG eye cream. I've been using it for 2 months day and night and still have more than half left. I will buy this again and again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2010 4:39:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

I am not liking this eye cream after two weeks. I have fine lines and dark undereye circles and this eye cream didn't seem to be doing anything for me. It's not moisturizing enough to use before putting on my undereye concealer. Luckily I only paid $12 for this otherwise I would be upset.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2010 11:56:00 AM More reviews by dont

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nice under makeup. I rub this under my eyes and a bit onto the top of my cheeks which does a good job of softening laugh lines. No eye irritation and doesn't seem to make my makeup run, but I mostly attribute that to the powder in the Bobbi Brown concealer.
A bit tough getting it out of the container with fingernails of any length.