L'Oreal Colour Riche in Sugar Plum

4.5

on 4/3/2015 1:00:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I use this color, #800 Fairest Nude, and #417 Peach Fuzz, as blush, as eye shadow and concealer. Crazy, right?

Hear me out, ladies. For reference, I have NW20-25 skin, and these colors together look great, NEVER CREASE and last all day. And you will go months without using them up. Sound good? These three lipsticks, along with MAC studio finish concealer in NW20 and NW25, along with some chapstick and brow pencil are all I need. I have rosacea AND melasma, so I need cover, but have always hated the heavy feeling that I get with foundation. Believe or not, this does the job! You may need to experiment with the colors that work best for your skin.

My process:
1. After moisturizing and priming your face (hopefully your moisturizer has a sunscreen), apply a swipe of Peach Fuzz to your undereyes. Wait a few second and pat gently. This is especially important if you have dark undereye circles.
2. Apply MAC studio finish NW20 on your eyelids, up to the brow and in those dark inner corners. You can also use it down the middle of your nose, and lower forehead (area between brows and over brows. What's on your brow will serve as your base for what's to come.
3. Roll some MAC Studio Finish NW25 on your undereyes, over the peach fuzz lipstick. I am pretty sparing with this.
4. Dab your Studio Finish in NW25 on any areas of your face where you have redness or discoloration. Because I have rosacea and melasma, this is a step that I absolutely need to do. I also apply some on the "outline" of my face and down the sides of my nose, kind of a mild contour, if you will.
5. Apply the Fairest Nude lipstick to your eyelids, up to the brow, and blend. This gives the most beautiful nude pink glow to your skin. It never creases, and it lasts until you take it off.
6. Apply the Sugar Plum lipstick to your cheekbones, and blend.
7. Do you brows, curl your lashes and apply mascara, if you choose.
8. Apply chapstick to you lips. Apply lipstick on top, if desired.
9. Spray and set (I use ELF setting spray).

Once you get it down, this is very fast, and the products fit in a small makeup bag. So far it is the most natural look that I've been able to come up with that also minimizes my skin discolorations. The Studio Finish can get a little pricey; however it's slightly cheaper on Ebay ($15) and one of those little pots will last you for months, easily. You can "subscribe and save" on the lipsticks, which brings their cost down to about $6 each, and they will also last for months.

on 11/12/2014 12:06:00 PM

I love the name "Sugar Plum" (sounds sweet and airy), and I love this color! It is a MLBB semi-sheer, warm toned, pinky-rose color, with golden shimmer. I can see where it might have hints of mauvey-plum undertones, but on my fair, warm complexion it looks mostly like a warm rosey-pink MLBB. The golden shimmer is VERY fine, and gives beautiful definition to lips.

Very creamy and moisturizing too. I love that I can apply this easily without a mirror because of it's gentle color and forgiving texture. Easy and beautiful! Very youthful on lips, but also elegant and professional. Perfect anywhere! 5 lippies!

on 5/31/2014 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Beautiful semi-sheer lippie, perfect for summer and would look great with a tan. U. L'Oreal has other lipsticks that would look great on darker lips, so this would not be my first choice. Would definitely repurchase!

on 6/1/2013 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'd say that this is a half decent DS lipstick. It lasts about average and is a good colour, though doesn't have the amount of pigment that I've come to expect from lipsticks, even drugstore ones (thanks to the Maybelline Vivids mostly). In my opinion, for my taste anyway, there is not enough colour and too much shimmer. As well, the other huge thing that turned me off of this was the smell. It's quite strong and at first I didn't mind, but as time's gone on, I've really come to dislike it. I also find that as soon as I put the lipstick on I get this weird dryness in the back of my throat. So yeah, definitely won't buy again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

HG lipstick! I have used many high end lipsticks and for some reason I really love the L'Oreal Color Riche line. This color is absolutely gorgeous. I am pretty fair (NW 25) and have been searching for a really great neutral pink/plum that is not too bright for day time. I love bright and deep plums and fuchsias for evening, but like a lighter shade for day that is not too nude. This shade has a lot of life to it, but is the exact shade of my own lips. Definitely a MLBB. I put just a tad bit of MAC Love Nectar Lustre Glass on the bottom center and it looks sooooo pretty and natural, yet polished and feminine. It also looks pretty with Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Plum over it to deepen and brighten it up a bit. I rarely purchase a product more than once because I like to try different lines and the "newest" thing, but I think I will purchase a few back-up tubes.

on 4/1/2012 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an amazing product for such a great price! I expected this shade to go on a LOT darker but it is a beautiful sheer nude color with 2 applications on my lips with just a hint of plummy undertones, if that makes any sense. This is a shade that is so neutral and wearable on the lips. I love it and I don't want to stop buying this product ever!

on 11/7/2011 6:34:00 AM

I have had this color sitting in my makeup box for a while but was on this nude thing the entire summer and so there is it sat in a box waititng...........so glad I started using it. With fall here I wanted something different and everytime I liked a lipcolor it was this sort of rose pink with a hint of brown in it. (think the other posters have described it perfectly) I have NC30 skin that is yellowebased but I do have some red to it and brunette hair. Love the texture and how it looks the only thing is that it is not that long lasting but then again I reapply my chapstick a million times a day so its not such a big deal to me.
Will definitely be repurchasing this. Now I hope they don't discontinue it.

on 10/26/2011 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Perfect plummy rose shade...subtle golden shimmer and nice creamy texture. Gives a nice natural lip look for me...very easy go-to shade. I find it very similar to another favorite lipstick of mine, the now discontinued Chanel Hydrabase in Pink Sugar. If you loved that shade, you will love this. The texture of course isn't quite as good as the Chanel, but for $9.00 it does a good job.

on 9/17/2011 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

HG for me. Perfect MLBB plummy pink and the price is right. I feel like you get a lot of product for your money. This is one that I'm terrified they'll stop making so I'm stocking up. This does seem to have a bit of brown to it, which normally I can't stand but somehow with this color, it's perfect. The formula is perfect, creamy and not drying at all. This is sheer but builldable, satin finish and looks very natural on my yellow-based NW25 skin. The only thing that could be improved is that I wish it lasted longer - it is pretty short-lived. But other than that, this is perfection in a tube.

on 7/6/2011 4:47:00 PM

This is a beautiful lipstick color. I hadn't purchased a L'Oreal lipstick since college (I usually wear high-end brands) but decided to try this after seeing it on a friend.

Not only is the color gorgeous, but it's so hydrating and applies sheerly, so I love that I can put it on discreetly with no mirror, or having to apply balm first. The formula reminds me of Clinique Different Lipstick, but better.

I don't really mind scented products, so even though the scent is quite strong, it doesn't bother me much.

Popular Lipsticks