August 29, 2014 | 1857 users online

Skincare - Face - Jurlique - Face Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2002 1:49:00 AM More reviews by mskara

I got a small tube of this in my Normal/Oily Skin Ritual Kit. I'm not sure I understand fully how this product works, but it does seem to. I followed the usage instructions during my Jurlique "cleansing ritual," pressing the face cream into my face & neck. It was a bit difficult to get the "cream" out of the tube--a few times it got stuck & I had to push very hard before it blooped out again. It was difficult to feel like I had achieved full coverage, as pressing it into my face yielded little piles of the stuff all over my face instead of a more uniform application. Also, I used a significant amount of the small tube with just that one application--it had a major dent in the center when I was through. It did seem to do something beyond what the AHC part of the ritual had begun in terms of softening up blackheads and helping to release millia. One thing that seemed odd, though, is that in comparison to the other Jurlique products, which are very concentrated, much more of this product would need to be used in order to be effective. In other words, I expect that most of the other small size products will last for several weeks, whereas this one could be gone in just a few applications. Another thing is that the spa where I get my facials uses nearly all Jurlique products for facials, but when it comes to the exfoliating step they skip Jurlique's Face Cream and use another high end brand's exfoliating scrub. I love Jurlique's products, but am not sure I'd buy this again. I will try the cleansing ritual once w/out the Face Cream to be sure I can do without it before I decide.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2002 6:53:00 AM More reviews by balenciaga

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff!!!! There are a few tricks to using it correctly that might mean you don't get the full benefit. You need to soak your face before you use it with a warm, wet, flannel, and apply the face cream (it's actually called Face Wash Cream)with a pressing motion, not round and round in circles like normal exfoliants. Press it into the skin until it gets tacky, then wipe, not rinse, it off. Cleared up my blackheads and made my skin super-soft.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2002 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Linda_2001

Eeeew! This is the grossest exfoliant I've ever tried. I RIS so maybe I got an old batch, I don't know. It smells nasty and it looks just as gross! It looks and smells like someone regurgetated a whole orange and tree bark. Didn't do a thing for my skin.