November 28, 2014 | 1975 users online

Palettes - Hard Candy - Workout Mix Tape Makeup Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2007 2:21:00 AM More reviews by devilbunnies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This has actually become part of my daily make up routine. This little (it is smaller than it looks the sephora website) eyeshadow and lip gloss palette contains a brick with three brown toned eyeshadowns (Medium brown shimmer, cream shimmer, and a darker brown shimmer). It also contains three very sheer lipglosses in a mauve/pink shimmer, clear with pink shimmer, and a red cream. The lip gloss is smooth and somewhat long lasting but very sheer. I like the little mix tape looking case it comes it and the mirror. This is a great little palette to keep in your purse or for travel.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2007 2:45:00 AM More reviews by Kyla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I LOVE this palette. It's so compact it fits in my tiniest purse. And I can do my whole face with it. I used the lightest shadow all over, the darkest shadow from lash to crease (I haven't tried using the medium shadow yet, but will try on lid next). I also put a tiny liner brush from HD's shadow quad in this compact and it fitted perfectly. So I can use this little brush and the darkest shadow as brow color, it's the perfect brow color for me. Then I used the red gloss as blush, and using the included lipbrush I applied the pinky gloss on my lips. The blush gave me such a beautiful flush (beats Tarte Flush or Benetint anyday), and the pinky gloss is the prettiest and most natural looking YLBB pink. I haven't tried the clear glitter gloss yet either but my face is already done. I have never looked so striking yet understated. At first I didnt' want to buy this cuz I thought browns are so boring, but this made ME stand out, not the makeup. The only other thing I need was my Stila IPF to finish my face. I already bought a second one to put in my car for emergency makeup;-) And for the quality of the shadow and gloss, I think $15 is an awesome price for a full face palette. I can't wait to try the other mix tapes. And the only reason I took one lippie off the packaging quality is cuz it's this cheap plastic thing, but it has a good sturdy hinge and closure, and doesn't look like it'll break on me anytime soon, plus the big mirror is great. I'm an exact Stila 40 Watt, MAC NC35. Black hair, dark brown eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2007 7:59:00 PM More reviews by zajiue

I bought this along with the Hard Candy Party Mix and out of the two, I prefer the Party mix. The packaging is cute and kitschy, shaped like an old cassette tape. When you open it, there's a large mirror, 3 glosses and a 1x1 inch square of 3 eyeshadows. A highlighter, shimmery/glittery light brown and dark shimmery/glittery brown. No obvious glitter, but shimmery. The colors are really cute together but they barely show up at all! I tried with multiple layers.. I wanted it to work so badly but nothing! The lipglosses are very very sheer and smell/taste kind of funny. The darker colors look better but barely show up. The other ones are just practically clear. It's a cute set, but definitely not worth 15 dollars. I would not repurchase this even if it was 5 dollars. It's a convenient little makeup palette and very cute, it's a shame the colors don't show up.