Hard Candy Party Mix Tape Makeup Palette

on 1/12/2009 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got this when Hard Candy had its 75% off sale, so I got it for only three bucks! I think the shadows show up nicely-- I usually don't put on bright colors, but this one was subtle enough not to make me look like a hooker, but bright enough for people to notice. My friend complimented me when I wore this, so I think it's a pretty good product. I love the design. It's too cute not to like!

on 8/21/2008 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Very handy pallete. Sheer chocolate favored lipglosses are irresistable, and the green eyeshadows (dark, medium and yellowy) work for basically anyone. wish the eyeshadows were a bit more sparkly than matte, but it's fine. came with nice mirror and two ended applicator, one side for eyes another side for lips, convenient and practical!
very nice for touch ups at the bar, club. Can fit in your pocket!

on 1/1/2008 11:42:00 PM

The e/s colors look super together, and are easy to blend. While using all three colors, I find it looks best if I add a darker green and a bit of black in the crease and outer corners just to give it a bit more depth.
As for the glosses, theyre pretty much sheer and they do smell alittle funny, but I love the texture. Very moisturising too.
Over all its good quality, and considering that certain e/s singles of the same quality can go for $20 or more, I suppose $13-15 for this palette is reasonable.

on 6/10/2007 4:58:00 AM

i received this as part of a birthday present and it is super cute. the packaging looks like a little casette tape and fits in the palm of my hand. it comes with three eyeshadows (bright green, soft lime green, muted yellow), three lipglosses (pink, coral and clear, although all three are relatively sheer), a double-ended applicator and a large mirror. this is a fun palette with decent staying power.

on 2/18/2007 7:54:00 PM

I bought this along with the Hard Candy Workout Mix and out of the two, I prefer this one. The packaging is cute and kitschy, shaped like an old cassette tape. When you open it, there's a large mirror, 3 glosses and a 1x1 inch square of 3 eyeshadows. A highlighter, light mint green and dark green. No obvious glitter, but shimmery. The colors are really cute together and they show up nicely. The lipglosses are very very sheer and smell/taste kind of funny but the brightest color looks good with the eyeshadow. The other ones are just practically clear. It's a cute set, but definitely not worth 15 dollars. Don't bother getting the workout mix tape because I could NOT get the colors to show up at all and trust me I really tried! I'd repurchase this but seriously, it's not worth more than 6 dollars in my opinion. It's a convenient little makeup palette and very cute.