March 2, 2015 | 1084 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2015 11:24:00 AM More reviews by 119139

I love this product. Everytime I apply it with some hydrating serum mixed. It covers perfectly, lasts long, and is not that heavy. Perfect winter foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2015 9:24:00 AM More reviews by luckylecky

Great foundation, it covers everything and you only need a tiny amount. If you use too much (which is easy to) it will look cakey. Very happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2015 10:18:00 AM More reviews by LilaSuitsyou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My skin is a mess. I do not have real acne but I have eczema, lots of dry patches, uneven skin, wrinkles due to my dryness and a lot of discoloration. THIS IS MY HG as a CONCEALER as it covers EVERYTHING without looking cakey.
I have tried all MAC foundations&powders since my BF works at Mac, MUFE HD Foundation, NARS, Estee Lauder Double Wear&Maximum Cover, Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation, Kanebo, BareMinerals, Armani, Benefit...you get the point...and this is the only "foundation" that covers perfectly WITHOUT extenuating any lines, dry patches etc. People compare Vichy Dermablend to EL Double Wear. However, Dermablend gives much more coverage and unfortunately Double Wear does make me look older since it cracks up on my dry skin. Staying power is the same. The Dermablend seems more hydrating although this is a so called heavy full coverage foundation (does not feel like it though!). Ever since I bought this I never had to use my NARS/ FIT ME/MAC concealer since this covers my underage area without creasing!!!! I LOVE THIS for my skin type. I also love the coverage of the Illamasqua Skin Base foundation(this however sets in my dry patches/lines) and the look of the MUFE HD Foundation and I love the natural look Mac Face&Body gives but with my type of skin I swear by Vichy Dermablend Foundation. However, mainly as a CONCEALER since unfortunately the colors that are available do not fit my yellow pale skin- I wish I could though, since it is non- acenegenic, non-comedenic, fragrance- and paraben-free and IT HAS SPF 35 !!!
I set it with MAC Careblend or MSF and it lasts all day without using Smashbox/BenefitPorfesional/goodskin z pore etc and I also do not have to use a color corrector such as green concealer to even out my redness.
Only real con as mentioned before is the color range, so I can only really use it as a concealer and not all over my face :-( I am a nc20/C1-C2 (yellow undertones) and the lightest shade OPAL does not look horrible but it does not look natural since it is too pink.
If you are looking for something that covers dry skin ALL over the face completely in your perfect shade, try Kryolan Ultra Foundation !!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2015 2:38:00 PM More reviews by RoisinMurphy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

Not my cup of tea. It has a really strong coverage and not in a natural way. My skin tends to be dry and flaky, but oily on the T-Zone, so the foundation ended up looking caked on. Not flattering at all. I really wanted to like this, but I dont.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2015 9:35:00 PM More reviews by teller5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really have mixed feelings about this product. First of all the lightest shade "opal" is too dark for my uber pale skin. I really have to blend it in, it has a very warm tint to it. On the other hand, the pigmentation is fantastic, the foundation itself is very fluid, goes on beautifully and does not look cakey, so I give it too marks for that. The packaging is terrible! I have to store it upside down because as soon as you open it, the foundation comes running out, which wastes a lot of product. It does not aggravate my skin or transfer on to clothing etc. if it came in a lighter shade and a tube with a smaller nozzle it would definitely score higher.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2015 11:41:00 PM More reviews by OvenFries

Should have invested in this stuff sooner. When used with a damp makeup sponge it applies very smoothly and offers a lot of coverage. Doesn't feel heavy or cakey. Loving this product

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2015 12:35:00 PM More reviews by blondeattack

I have extremely dry skin in the winter (curses of problem sensitive skin) so this was horrific. It settle into my dry patches, even after I exfoliated and moisturised heavily, it made my skin flake up and got patchy around my nose area! Not good at all! However, this did not react with my skin which is a plus but is too matte and thick for my skin, I prefer a dewier foundation due to my skin problems and this sank into my pores and flaked up my skin. Overall would not recommend to people with dry skin!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2015 2:17:00 PM More reviews by xrini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found it on a very good price(about 14 euros) so I gave it a try.I put only one layer and it gives me the full coverage I want.So you should not put too much, otherwise it will look caky.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

If you're in the market for a full coverage matte foundation, then Vichy Dermablend is possibly the best one I've been able to find.
The first thing I will say about this foundation is that if you are dry or maybe even normal in complexion then you will want to moisturise big time before attempting to use this. I suffer with bad dry skin so I have to be pretty careful when it comes to any matte products.
The coverage however, is fabulous. It leaves a flawless base, seeing as Dermablend also can be used for tattoo coverage you would expect it to be. I wear mine generally if I'm doing a long day at work or for a night out, because this stuff literally goes on and does not budge! I had no reapplications, and this surprised me because foundation tends to slip off slightly from my nose area during the day but this one didn't move.
For me, the only reason I don't give this full marks is simply that the colour selection isn't too great. I have mine in the shade 15 Opal and its still ever so slightly too dark. The way I combat this is to take the tiniest dot of the foundation and mix it with a small pump of moisturiser and it blends out into the perfect shade. Not only that, I'm not a massive fan of a full matte face, so the added moisturiser adds a little bit of dew in there!
Even though the foundation also comes in a slightly small tube, you really don't need a lot of product to achieve a great result.
Overall love this, would definitely recommend and buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by atomickittenlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ive been using this off and on for a couple weeks now.

I can't really speak to the comedogenicity of this product since I've been going back and forth with my other foundations (MUFE HD, Colorstay). But, based on how it feels on my skin and the ingredient list, I don't foresee it aggravating my sensitive acne-prone skin. Alas, I have several issues with this.

Smell: really really bad. Way worse than colorstay, which faintly smells like paint. The smell does go away- but the application process is not pleasant. This isn't a make or break tho- just something to point out.

Packaging: I don't care for it. you really do only need a pea size amount for your whole face but so much more always comes out. And there's always a mess left in the cap - on top of the tube. Woulda been nicer in a pump or squeeze tube like clinique's foundations.

Coverage: Its really hard for me to get good coverage since I'm fairly light with a lot of hyper-pigmentation. So i'd give this about a 7/10 with colorstay being an 8-9/10. You can't build up this foundation without it looking cakey. It also sinks into my pores/fine lines making me look older.

Application: I've tried applying with my fingers, foundation brush and stippling brush. Fingers are definitely the best in my experience. Otherwise it goes on too heavy. Either way, it is definitely obvious that I'm wearing makeup.

Colour: I use opal and it pulls a bit pink/orange for me- i think it would be a perfect match in the summer. (MUFE = 115, CS = Buff)

Staying power: This is where I'm most disappointed. while it goes on matte it doesn't stay that way for long. I have combination skin and usually have an oil t zone after 4-6 hours of wear. With this, its about 1-2 hours. Lots of transfer too. I even went out and bought a setting powder to get this to hold better, which didn't really work. And i don't like having to add/ search for another product just to make this work.

With all that said, I'm going to keep it for those extra dry/cold days that are coming up and see how it goes. But when its time to dress to impress, ill be using something else.