October 21, 2014 | 2051 users online

Loose Powders - Christian Dior - Diorskin Poudre Libre Matte and Luminous

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2008 11:30:00 AM More reviews by FleurDefendue

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

At the beginning I thought it was perfect... so fine and velvety and a perfect light shade. But when I applied it, I was totally disappointed. It is chalky and cakey, it doesn't blend with the foundation but it sits over it, it sits on my hairline and my eyebrows, making my face look like a white mask. I almost had to rub my skin in order to get rid of that effect. I liked the packaging, although it contains less amount than other loose powders.
I don't want to be unfair, maybe some powders work well together with specific foundations... I used it with Teint Innocence Compact (Chanel) and it was a disaster.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2007 2:34:00 PM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is translucent and iridescent loose powder (611 - Iridescent Rose). I don't see any rose color on me, it is completely translucent - no color on my face. It contains mica (not talc) and I think that powders with mica (instead talc) are better for dry skins because talc can dry out the skin. However, I am not perfectly comfortable with this powder as I have the feel that it dries up my skin (and some other loose powders with talc don't). So I don't know about this talc/mica stuff...
The powder is very fine but quite shiny in the way which I don't like: it looks somehow "sweaty". I wouldn't repurchase.
(Not sure is it only a LE for spring 2007. or not).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2007 2:20:00 AM More reviews by makeunder

This is new for the Spring 2007 collection. It is absolutely heaven in a bottle. Not like Nars Shimmering Loose, or Becca's, or even Shu's Pearl Loose. This gives you the right amount of glow. It has pink mother of pearl crushed into the powder which actually keeps you matte. The shimmer makes you nice and glowy, not oily or ashy. Beautiful. It costs about $45 and comes in a lucite glass looking container topped with the Dior's navy blue w/ CD on top. Comes with a really good puff and sifter. Excellent quality and does not cake. I am loving this and about to head to the store tomorrow and get a couple more for back up just in case it is LE. I am NC 42, Dior 400 or BB Honey and this does not look ashy.