TheBalm Shady Lady Shadow Brush

4.2

on 11/13/2011 2:38:00 AM

This isn't a bad travel brush for applying eyeshadows, especially in the crease. I think I bought it for $10 at Sephora 2 years ago. It was worth the money, but I'm not crazy about it. It has been very sturdy though and hasn't shed a hair or broken. I have traveled a lot and brought it with me everywhere, and its still in great condition.

on 5/12/2009 10:15:00 AM

I got this for 2.50 - half price.Its great quality - with a short handle & a rather "floofy" brush tip - i find it good for covering the whole lid quickly with a nude shade & as others have noted - its great for blending in the crease of your eyelid. The bristles are really soft & it does not shed even after washing. IMO it wouldnt be great for loose shadow as it would be messy due to the "floofy" brush.Its not going to be good for precise work either.But all in all its a great quality brush at a great price from a company i really like!

on 4/4/2008 2:37:00 AM

REASON WHY I BOUGHT IT:
1) I like discovering different brands, love to collect different stuff from many different brands.
2) It's $5! Well, I was gonna buy Cover Girl's eye shadow brush (read so many positive reviews about it on MUA) But I'm a lazy girl, just wanna stay home, order online and wait for the UPS guy to ring my door bell ^^. That's why I bought shadylady eyeshadow on Sephora's website.

PROS:
1) SIZE - the handle is VERY short, so it can fit into my makeup bag. One thing I've always hated about carrying brushes in my makeup bag was that THE TIP OF MY BRUSH ALWAYS GETS RUINED BECAUSE THE HANDLE WAS TOO LONG. And god knows why I hated those so called 'mini brushes / travel size brushes', the quality is soooo bad.
2) QUALITY - the hair is pretty soft actually, I was sorta surprised! I thought for $5, it must be very ROUGH. I really liked it ^^
3) PRICE - I said it twice already, It's $5!!!!

CONS:
1) It picks up too much e/s IMO, so I had to get rid of some color by using a tissue.
2) It's a little big too big for me, I prefer a little bit smaller brushes to apply e/s. But as a creasing brush to blend in the colors, it works pretty well!

I like this, it is small, cute, and CHEAP. I haven;t used it as a shadow brush for application, but more for blending at the crease. It is durable, and doesn't shed, it is also soft.

Edit: As someone else said, this picks up a lot of shadow, but I like that! Especially with my shimmery shadows that I want to just lay on the color. Great for touch ups too! I'm going to buy another one... Love this brush! :)

This brush was five dollars. I picked it up at Sephora the other day; I needed an e/s brush and I figured hey for $5 at Sephora, why not?! And thebalm makes cute stuff. This brush is tiny and so great for portable. It's not the best quality out there but to take with you on the go it is absolutely perfect. and it's so cute and so cheap, I love it! :)