November 23, 2014 | 1902 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Eau de Cologne

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by lpark95

I purchased the handbag-friendly size of this fragrance rather than the dressing table size. I am Scottish and there is only one destination in the whole country that sells this specific line of Chanel fragrances. I am pleased with the fact that I will not have the same scent as many others in Scotland. I found the fragrance refreshing and it suited my skin well. I do recommend it and will be purchasing it for myself again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2010 3:52:00 AM More reviews by noisome

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is anachronistic genius; a neroli soapy enough to be unisex and still Froot-Loopy enough to be mouthwatering when first applied. There is no strident masculinity(basil, lavender, etc.) and no "musk" which always renders these basic cologne notes effete. I've seen it compared to TDC's Bergamote and it does come close though is more ummm, sunny. Anyway it truly rises above the other well known edc's. I wear it for relaxation, simplicity.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by soopinkk

My roommate has this perfume and I thought this was going to be something special, but it's not. As soon as I smelled it I know I have had a perfume with the same exact scent. I still can't put my finger on it, but the smell is exactly like this other perfume I've had before. It would be nice if it was unique smelling, but whoever wants to waste their money on this just for the brand...go ahead.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2007 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Chrisskins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The Little Cologne That Couldn't. Last, that is. If this cologne was a man...oh, why go there.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2007 3:47:00 PM More reviews by mommyofcutie

This is one of the Exclusifs, a ho-hum citrus scent, similar to TM Eau de Cologne. It's nice, and I'll enjoy my decant. However, if I am going to pay $175.00 for a fragrance, it needs to be special, unique, amazing. This is just nice, and not worth the price IMHO.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2007 2:25:00 PM More reviews by vickypollard

I am halfway through the bottle I purchased and I have no plans to purchase it again. I'm sorry to say that I have found that five of the six new Les Exclusifs fragrances to be dismal at best. Perosnally, I love the 6.8oz size as EDTs are meant to be used lavishly, but the fact that this fragrance simply doesn't last on the skin will prevent me from re-purchasing. If it were sold as a true EDC, I would not have a problem with the fragrance being so fleeting. Chanel's claim of EDT strength is a bit far fetched. The scent is practically identical of Guerlains' Eau de Cologne Imperiale, and that's what I'll purchase when I finish this bottle. I understand Jacque Polge's need to create an EDC for Chanel, but to be honest, with his many years of creating scent he could have come up with something more original, no? I'd take a 6.8oz. bottle of Cristalle in an Eau de Cologne strength before I'd shell out $175.00 for this stuff again. I am quite aware that citrus based scents don't last long, but this is ridiculous. If you're looking for something refreshing for the Summer, try Guerlain's Eau de Guerlain. It's gorgeous, and at least it stays on the skin longer than ten minutes! UPDATE 8/4/07: I'm sorry to say I won't be buying this again. I lowered my rating to 1 lippy. It's a shame since I really wanted to like this fragrance. It simply doesn't last. It should be called Eau Fraiche, not Eau de Toilette because it wares just like an Eau Fraiche.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2007 9:39:00 PM More reviews by rpolisk

A beauty of an eau de cologne. What makes it even more beautiful is it's an eau de cologne with all of the tradition of the cologne water (no, it's not meant to have lasting power, or to be a sophisticated scent; nor is it meant to do anything but delicately scent the skin in the faintest way), while clearly living up to its Chanel lineage. It is a very very well orchestrated and realized eau de cologne, with beautiful ingredients. That's all. To look for anything else in this is to be very disappointed (see reviews below). It does change on my skin in a way that is sometimes a bit drier, bringing to mind more of a desert landscape, and sometimes more green and fresh. For me, who always has a cologne in my repertoire, it was absolutely worth the price, simply because it brings me as much joy to splash on as my other wonderful scents. It suits me in the summer, when much of my time will be spent outside, or when I don't want a fragrance intruding on much of my day, yet would like to have the wonderful fresh scent of lemons, crushed flowers and the lightest amber lingering on my skin at the end of the day.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2007 7:34:00 PM More reviews by amykelley

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ick. It's 4711 (which I dislike because of the mysterious "rotting corn tortilla" note) with a hefty price and even worse lasting power.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2007 1:42:00 PM More reviews by serene111

I just tested this and think it's much over-rated. A typical citrus scent, fresh, bright and cheerful. Poor longevity, I guess that's why it comes in that massive bottle. It's nice, but I won't be purchasing this one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2007 3:51:00 PM More reviews by daruma

Not unpleasant but a very generic citrus cologne. I'm not a heavy spritzer and as a result this lasted about 10 minutes on my skin. Personally, I'd stick with the Guerlain colognes - more sensible size and more sensible price.