July 29, 2014 | 1266 users online

Mascara - Dejavu (Imju) - Fiberwig Lash Knockout

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by cantingcandrakirana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

Three days after using this, I'm in love.

Why I like this mascara so much:
1. It does not sting my sensitive eyes (I wear contact lenses)
2. The fiber does not flake (as long as you don't curl your eyelashes after applying mascara)
3. It lengthens my lashes (my lashes are really long after using this)
4. It adds volume but you have to layer it
5. It moderately holds the curl (after using eyelash curler) which is pretty awesome considering my monolids keep pushing the lashes down.
6. It is super black
7. No clumping, no smearing
8. It is easy to remove, just use warm water. No tugging needed. No lash fallout (which often happens to me after using mascara).

Caveat:
Not available in where I live (Indonesia), but it can be ordered via sasa.com

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by sweetchocolate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely LOVE this mascara. It doesn't smudge, clump or run. The brush makes it easy to apply and the formula lengthens my lashes.
Sephora stopped selling the mascara. Does anyone know where else I can get them? :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by IrynaHarpy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is now, officially, my go-to daily mascara. I've just purchased my second tube (plus a backup) which means it has to be phenomenal. The last time I repurchased a mascara was Too Faced Lash Injection (before they changed the formula) and L'Oreal's Shocking Volume in waterproof (before it was discontinued: boo-hoo!).

No, I haven't given it 5 lippies. I have stubby, fine lashes & I'm a mascara slut. Always have been and probably always will be. If I don't have at least 3 mascaras on the go (and another couple open) at any one time, check my pulse: it means I'm dead. I've never met Mr Right-Mascara and I don't believe he exists.

I discovered Lash Knockout on Asian blogs as its apparently a standard that every girl starts with: a counterpart to Rimmel or Maybelline in the West. Being a cosmeticaholic, I felt that it my duty to get a couple in online hauls of BB creams, mascaras and eyeliners from Sasa and YESSTYLE last year. I just popped this into the mix in order to get free delivery (yes, I definitely go overboard and end up with a lot of cheap trash and very little treasure).

This has turned out to be a treasure. It's not incredible, but it's very, very very good. I only ever have a couple of non-waterproof mascaras which I use instead of primers under my waterproof mascaras for extra vavoom. This isn't waterproof but a tubing mascara. The formula reminds me of Too Faced Lash Injection without the crazy fibres that end up adhering to each other when you're trying to build the volume and length. While I adored Lash Injection, I lived in fear of fibre fallout landing in my eye. That stuff is pure burn and irritation. Once the eye watering starts, the warm, saline tears keep washing it off and you have sit around with a tissue stuffed in your eye until it stops. The Knockout formula is far more resilient. It's amazingly sweat, water and oily eye skin resistant but I doubt that it's tearproof (nor does it claim to be)... but it CAN withstand the severe dribble-eye I've suffered since having the inner lower tearduct removed nearly a decade ago. I now only feel it essential to wear waterproof mascara on cool, windy days when I know I'm most prone to an attack of the eye dribbles.

What's more, it's a fail-proof mascara. You'd have to be doing at outstandingly bad job of applying your mascara to get it wrong. I say that it's become my go-to mascara because I find myself reaching for it after my lengthy makeup application routine every morning because I don't have any fear clumping, mascara gloops anywhere around my eyes (especially the inadvertent unwanted extra eyeliner). Once I've done my mascara, I do my lipliner and lipstick, allowing the mascara to dry. Any 'accidents' are left to dry and lift off with a swipe of a cotton bud (q-tip), including a quick swipe along the lashline to remove any pseudo 'eyeliner gone mad' mascara lines.

There is no fibre fallout; no panda eyes (& I still have very oily skin around my eyes); no smudges. My lashes are left soft, light and I don't feel as if I have mascara on.

PROS:
- A good, buildable tubing mascara that reminds me of Maybelline's The Falsies Volume Express without the dangers of the clumpies and spider eyes (but you can still get pretty good length & volume working layers of it while its still tacky);
- Is actually seriously water resistant, humidity and eye dribble resistant, although not completely tearproof (unlike non-waterproof products like The Falsies which don't even survive a bout of yawns unless you stop blinking until your eyelashes dry);
- Doesn't look like fibre filled chunks building on each other as do ALL other fibre reliant lengthening and volumising mascaras;
- Easy to put on and easy to remove. Any contact with the skin mistakes are just left to dry for a few minutes and lift off with a cotton bud: no dramas;
- NOW, HERE'S THE BEAUTY PART! While it's a sure fire everyday mascara, once it's set you can go back in, put another quick coat, allow it to permeate the product already on your lashes, then brush through more to create dramatic lashes! It seems to re-wet and reactivate the formula so that you're not tugging through dried mascara and just making a mess. It's like you've been building layers from scratch! No more having to start your makeup all over again if you're going out after a day at work! No more having to put up with wishing you had brought some false eyelashes with you when you end up in a dark venue where your eyes have disappeared (or the mascara's worn away throughout the evening with no way of getting your eyes back except too much eyeliner to compensate to lack of lashes)!

CONS:
- Like all tubing formulas, the product dries out far sooner than normal formulas, even if - like me - you take care not to 'pump' the wand and introduce a lot of air into the product. Nevertheless, just like normal formulas, running the mascara tube under hot water or standing it in hot water for a couple of minutes does revive it. For me, this aspect of the mascara's lifespan isn't a drawback as I toss my mascaras once they've been open for more than 3 to 4 months as matter of hygiene.
- Can only be purchased online which means shipping costs and waiting.

PACKAGING:
Pretty ugly but functional. I've never been particularly concerned about anything other than the functionality of the packaging so, at 54, the last thing I care about is 'cute' or 'sophisticated'. I don't put on mascara in public. The bright pink tube with the tacky gold lid is easy to spot amidst my makeup and doesn't constantly fall over.

CONCLUSION:
I've found an everyday mascara! That's economically sound as I don't feel compelled to buy a new everyday mascara to try out every fortnight. Once I find a great waterproof AND tearproof mascara, I'll only need 2 mascaras. Are my days as a mascara slut numbered? I doubt it. Still, it's nice to find a mascara I'm actually impressed with.

9 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkieneedsherfix

I really like this stuff, but now that all of the drugstore brands make fiber mascara, i cannot justify spending this much on it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by LL100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this mascara. I'm have a monolid and lashes that sort of fold into the lid when I blink. This is the only mascara that doesn't smudge down onto my cheeks after a few hours. I've tried many and the tubing mascaras are the only ones that work and Fiberwig is the best of them. However, I can't find it anywhere recently. Was it discontinued?!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by dilam

Wow. I'm surprised by all the negative reviews. I'm a mascara junkie and have tried so many out there. This is literally the only one ive tried that doesn't smudge which after several mascaras I thought was impossible. I even wore it overnight to see if it would smudge and it didn't. It doesn't flake very much; over a long day there's a couple really small flakes. I also love how the mascara comes off. It doesn't dissolve when I use water, but the formula stays together almost like single hairs. I have stick straight long lashes which most mascaras also flatten back out after I curl and apply mascara. This one however keeps my curl which I also thought was impossible after several mascaras. I think most people are having trouble with clumping and uncurling lashes because I've tried several ways to apply this and I found that you have to apply little at a time and layer on to get best results. When I applied more at once, my lashes fell back down and clumped

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

I love it. It's easy to apply and removes with warm water.
It is just a lengthening mascara therefore there is no volumising effect whatsoever.
Since it is such a different mascara, the curling is done after the mascara is applied and dried.
Love. I think I've used at least 10 of this. My everyday mascara.

Tried it in brown too.

Only lengthens. Does not add volume. There's another one that does that.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Disnep

It is a natural but make your lashes extremly long mascara, I don't like it because it weight my lashes down so much

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by AestyPase26

Yet another product I loved bc it made my lashes look so incredibly natural and soft but the price is WAY too expensive for something that won't last more than 4 mos at a pop. Wish it was cheaper... That's for sure.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by bebikayz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this product years ago and promptly returned it and only again did I try it recently again since it's included in the sephora sampler. I was intrigued to give it another go but again came to the same conclusion--it's a clumpy and awkward formula. It does somewhat lengthen lashes but it doesn't add any volume or depth and makes your lashes stick together. It's always very messy to remove. Would choose a drugstore mascara over it in a heartbeat.