April 18, 2014 | 908 users online

Lip Gloss - Sally Hansen - Lip Inflation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by MissEstelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like it a lot, it's actually the best moisturizer/conditioner for lips I have, from basic lip smackers through pure oils to fancy treatments. Does inflate my lip somewhat, feels slightly cool and minty (like toothpaste on your lips) for a few minutes after application. Took off a point for being very sticky, I can't wear it with my long hair down outside in even the slightest wind: I use it with my hair up and as a treatment around the house.

My SO thinks it tasted like strawberries? Not sure why. But he likes it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by DrGMart

I don't like the tingle of it, so I guess I'm not really a good person to go to for this, but it didn't really "inflate" my lips either.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am surprised that this product has such high reviews. I do not feel that it plumps my lips at all. It is a decent moisturizing lip gloss, and I do like the sheer creamy tint that the shade Sheer Mocha has (it is a nice nude lip gloss) but not worth the price. I also wish the applicator was a doe foot instead of a little brush, which distributes alot of product very messily.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 1:22:00 PM More reviews by zarah825

My lipgloss arsenal is darn near scary in how extensive it is, so if there's something that I actually re-buy (instead of trying something different) that says quite a bit. I don't know if this plumps my lips dramatically but it does make them look nice, full, and defined - plus the tingly feeling is always fun! I definitely appreciate the brush applicator as well. I own a couple but I think Sheer Bare is probably the most perfect non-shimmer nude you can find.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by VersaillesVixen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Hmm, weird. I have been using the Sally Hansen Lip Inflation Extreme for a while now and I absolutely love it. I use the tinted version, and recently I purchased a red lipstick that had an odd consistency, so I thought I'd grab a clear lipgloss to wear over it, and went with this one. I would've purchased the Extreme version, but the store I stopped at was out, and I figured there couldn't be much difference other than the fact that this tube is shorter. For the record, the gloss technically works great, it has a good consistency, gets tingly to plump lips, and smells nice. However, it is THE WORST TASTING lipgloss I have ever used in my life. I would never want to have this on my lips if there was a chance I might kiss somebody or have a meal, the taste is just awful. For this reason, I wouldn't purchase it again, and I don't even know if I'll bother using any more of the tube I already purchased. Stick to the Lip Inflation Extreme.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by AshleyGLA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Have this product in the clear gloss, been using it for about 2 years now & I love it! The tingly feeling may just be a gimmick or wishful thinking on my part but I feel that it actually works, specifically on my top lip. It can be have a sticky-ish feeling if you put too much on, when the minty smell becomes over-powering too, but I find that if you give your lips a quick rub together a few times then you can get rid of that feeling. Works good over the top of lipsticks too. For me, this product is definitely worth the money & I'd recommend it to everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Sam3215

It looks very pretty, but if used everyday, my lips crack and get dry. The smell is too heavy. It does do a decent job making them fuller. The color "embrace" looks good with fair skin

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is such a gimmick. I have it in "Temptress." And while it's a pretty pink color and has a nice minty tingle, it's sticky and doesn't do anything to plump up my lips. On top of this, the package is square shaped, which can be bulky and inconvenient if you wanted to carry it around in your pocket or something.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by anewme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I normally don't stray from LipFusion because nothing else moisturizes my perennially chapped lips well. I ducked into Walgreens midway through the day last week on an especially cold, windy day having forgotten LipFusion at home and bought this with a healthy dose of skepticism not expecting much. Was I ever happy to be wrong! This smoothed out wrinkles, eliminated chapped flakes of skin and made my already very full lips look luscious within 10 minutes of the first swipe... on a bitterly cold day when my lips are prone to looking like puckered prunes with flaky bits! The only gripe I have about this and the reason I am docking 1 star is the smell - it's quite strong and unpleasant to me. But overall, I like this a lot and will buy again. The color I got was Sheer Pink which looks more or less like a pale clear pink gloss with subtle shimmer which is perfect for layering over pink based lip colors. I think I may go back for the Sheer Bare which looked like a lovely peachy copper shimmer. Hopefully, this helps anyone wondering about this. It's worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by ReenaDao

I absolutely love this lip gloss! I purchased the nude color and it's perfect if you have a really opaque, matte lipstick which makes you look severely ill. I normally use it on my Femme Couture Nuetral Lip Primer. It really adds a nice gloss to your lips but does not over gloss it. I also love the smell. It's very minty and sometimes I think it smells like peppermint tea! Surely I will be repurchasing this.

The only problem I find with this product is the lip gloss tube itself. Sometimes if my lip gloss isn't standing upright, all the gloss will run to the cap and when I open and then close it the gloss starts to squeeze out of the bottle. That issue creates such a mess in my makeup bag!!!

But I still love it!