October 21, 2014 | 2006 users online

Moisturizers - Yves Saint Laurent - Hydra Feel Hydrating Water Gel

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Cost: about $60 for 1.6 fl oz

Ingredients from YSL's website:
AQUA (WATER) . ALCOHOL . DIMETHICONE . AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE/VP COPOLYMER . GLYCERETH-26 . MACADAMIA TERNIFOLIA NUT OIL . PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAETHYLHEXANOATE . PENTYLENE GLYCOL . HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER . GLYCERIN . HEXYLENE GLYCOL . BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) EXTRACT . PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) . TOCOPHERYL ACETATE . PORPHYRA UMBILICALIS EXTRACT . FRUCTOSE . GLUCOSE . CAPRYLYL GLYCOL . CASTANEA SATIVA (CHESNUT) SEED EXTRACT . GLYCERYL ACRYLATE/ACRYLIC ACID COPOLYMER . TRISODIUM EDTA . SILICA . HYDROLYZED LUPINE PROTEIN . OCTENYL SUCCINIC ANHYDRIDE . PROPYLENE GLYCOL . ALANINE . SODIUM HYALURONATE . UREA . PHENOXYETHANOL . METHYLPARABEN . ASPARTIC ACID . GLUTAMIC ACID . PROPYLPARABEN . BUTYLPARABEN . ETHYLPARABEN . LARIX EUROPEA WOOD EXTRACT . ISOBUTYLPARABEN . "5YH04-1". ]

Another terrible "skincare" product from YSL. Clearly, YSL's forte is certainly not skincare. Water, alcohol and silicone blended with barely there amounts of extracts and strong (but nice - just not on my face) fragrance. The fragrance is extremely overpowering and can be smelled for around 2-3 hours even after I put make-up on top. I used this twice, it dried out my skin and irritated it to no end. It made my skin itch and eyes sting, and felt like it just never absorbed. My mother wanted to try it out, and I gave it to her and even with her oily skin she found this intolerable and it emphasized/enhanced and made any tiny line look way worse on her skin. I then tried to use it on my hands but the scent continued to bother me, and the drying gel did nothing for my hands either. This product soon found its way into the bin. Like in my review of Temps Majeur, I said I wouldn't spray perfume directly on my face and this product is basically akin to doing that.

I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone who cares about the condition and quality of their skin. It seems embarrassing that a line with money to spare cannot spend some time learning about skincare and what would be beneficial rather than detrimental. Alright - rant over. It can however, be used as a perfume, dabbed lightly on the inner wrists.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2009 3:17:00 PM More reviews by just55

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I wanted to try something different than what I had already been using. I liked the idea that is was very lightweight and that is was soothing. The fragrance was a little much and I NEVER mind fragrance in my skincare. It was tooo perfumey and not fresh enough. I thought this was alright, but after a few days it began to give me tiny whiteheads and a little acne. I know you are supposed to give a product a few months to work but i had changed NOTHING else in my skincare and I knew this was the culprit. So I returned it to Nordstrom and got Chanel Hydramax Gel Cream which is excellent.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2009 12:01:00 AM More reviews by newyorkshopper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was using the La Mer gel cream but this product is a third of the price for almost the same amount, so hello YSL counter! This moisturizer is amazing! I have sensitive skin and oddly enough the heavy scent does not bother my skin like it normally does. This goes on super smooth and hydrates well. My favorite part is that when I wake up my skin is always close to perfect and never red. I use all YSL makeup and it does seem to go on better over this product too. The jar is also great because the inside is rounded at the bottom so it's easy to get every drop out. The only downfall is it is not heavy enough for dry skin so in the winter I have to switch to something heavier, YSL does not a heavier version which I have not tried, I was nervous to use something with a heavy scent on my really dry flaky skin. Overall great and I will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2008 4:27:00 AM More reviews by ellie179

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this water gel because it delivers. Hydrates my skin all day and I don't find it oily at all. What I really like about it is that it doesn't leave my skin shiny or too dewy since I live in a humid country.

The scent's OK but I think it may bother some. Packaging and texture is lovely and even though it's in a jar at least a spatula is provided. What I'm not crazy about is the price. RM200 in Malaysia although that puts it in the similar price range as other French brands in the department store (e.g. Chanel or Lancome). Will repurchase when I can afford it!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2008 4:03:00 PM More reviews by kgrinn

This was a very disappointing buy. Before this gel I was using the water lotion. The water gel does not leave my face as soft. After putting this lotion on last night, my chin started shedding (which it has never done before). I'm not sure if it burned me or what....It also does not have an SPF which makes it seem even more useless. I was wrong to purchase this.
Edit: Even though I exfoliate regularly, his gel makes my skin feel like I have a lot of dead cells on top and that I need to exfoliate. I don't know what's wrong with this cream but it's the worst purchase I've ever made.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2008 1:47:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin but I'm in my 30s so I need something light but still moisturizing...I wear this under my makeup and it gives me the perfect balance in my skin for the day. The light fragrance is very luxurious. I am going to buy this again whenever I can get a discount. The price is nuts. I just wish these pricey moisturizers came in a pump because they get so easily contaminated. I transfer a teaspoon at a time into another jar when I use it so I don't touch the whole jar every day...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2008 11:58:00 PM More reviews by SAMm3

I bought this on vacation and it was my only souvenir, it was so expensive - $60. I live in Canada though and I needed a moisturizer that would leave me dewy, not oily, in harsh weather. I hate to say but this delivers. It goes on just right under my foundation, not too thick but it takes care of dry spots. Doesn't leave me oily at all. I try not to use it on weekends, but I don't have anything else this good and I break out with thicker cremes. There is a light scent that is pleasant, but I found slightly irritating at first. If I can afford it I'll repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2007 9:22:00 AM More reviews by whereiscat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I got snookered into buying this on vacation when I went out without sunscreen and got sunburned and was in desperate need of some moisturizer. It is expensive, but it works well, goes on light, a little oily, but provides great moisture. The only complaint I have is the cost, pretty expensive when there are comparable, less expensive products on the market.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2007 5:29:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is heavier than the day lotion (which has an spf) but not as heavy as the water cream. This is light weight cream texture that leaves the skin very soft, and radiant. My slightly oily, and sensitive skin does will with this as my day moisturizer and my skin has never looked better. The packaging is nice, easy to travel with, and looks wonderful on your counter.