October 20, 2014 | 1945 users online

Lipstick - Christian Dior - Rouge Dior 999 Celebrity Red

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by owlowl

oh, why did they change the lipstick formula in 2013 ?!

This lipstick is now much less pigmented and staying power is awfull, it is wipe off in a half of hour. And if you drinking and/or eating it is very soon all gone. I don t care that this lipstick is more mouisturizing than the old version
The new lipstick is not matte but has a silky/shiny finish which I don t like at all. The lipstick is like mix of a lipbalm and lipstick and for the price of 25 pounds it is to expensive. The same effect on the lips I can found in many drugstore lipsticks that cost five times less.

The old version was the best red lipstick I have ever had. It was superpigmented and matt with great staying power. The shade was a dream - true really neutral red. I can t find this shade of red annywhere and I am so sad that this lipstick is gone into past :(

If you want lipstick that last don t waste your money on this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Cherryferry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have always adored Dior lipsticks, but because of their hefty price ($34) I rarely buy them. 999 is the third one which I have purchased, the other ones being Rialto (which I absolutely love) and a more nude one whose name escapes my mind. Anyway, having read so many good reviews about this lippy I took the plunge and bought it.

Like with all dior lipsticks, it is creamy and so moisturizing. I don't even need to put lipbalm on. I just put it on straight from the tube and I'm ready to go. The colour lasts for such a long time and fades gradually. This is great cause it means that it leaves a pretty soft stain on your lips, rather than sliding off bit by bit. I'd say that the strong colour lasts at least three-four hours without food, but you can go longer without needing to reapply if you are as happy as I am with the remaining stain on your lips.

It is also extremely pigmented. I have to take more care applying this than I do other lipsticks cause if you go outside your lipline even slightly it is very obvious. The lipsticks are a great shape though, with a pointed tip that is perfect for running over the outside of your lips and a slanted side for filling in the rest of the colour. If you are concerned you can use a lipliner, though to be honest I've never needed one.

And the packaging? I think it is perfection. It is so sleek and stylish, and I've never had any disasters with the lid sneaking off in my handbag. I like it a lot.

Overall, this is a true red lipstick that is so creamy and comfortable to wear. It just screams luxury. I am often pretty bold with my lipsticks, but even I would hesitate to wear this during the day. It is very much a night-time/special occasion colour. I am super pale and have very dark hair, and this colour brings warmth to my complexion without looking too vampy with my hair. Thus, to me this is the perfect red lipstick. I haven't used any of my other reds since getting this, and I'm starting to think I never will wear them again. If you want the perfect red lipstick, its gotta be this :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 6:15:00 AM More reviews by Carmenfarrar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently had my makeup done at the Dior counter. I didn't initially purchase this lip stick because I have several other reds. I received several compliments on the color and when I went back to the counter, they were out. Once I went home, I realized my other reds were more blue and not a true red like this one. It is just a beautiful color and one that I had to have in collection of other reds. It is very silky and non drying. I would highly recommend it

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2014 3:19:00 AM More reviews by cherzleen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm sorry this colour is very old ladyish for me. I like my reds like Mac Lady Danger or Nars Heat Wave, which are vibrant reds but CD 999 is just an old lady red. The kinda colours you would find rich old ladies in the midwest wearing sipping their cuppa tea in the afternoon. But hey, if you are rich old lady, this might be the colour for you!

I rate this lipstick a Fail though. I would give it a pass if the formula wasn't so meh. The lipsticks bleeds on me. You need a good lipliner to get this lipstick to work and the lasting power is appalling for something so expensive. Do this test, try wear a Maybeline (Vivid) Lipstick or Revlon lipstick, wipe it off immediately and you would see somesort of a nice stain on your lips. This lipstick do the same and na-ah nothing, nothing there. Dior, I expected more from you!

Buy this if you are the type who whips out your designer lipstick hoping for someone to comment 'it is a dior, isn't it?' and wants to show off. This is for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Meleana

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this color! An amazing red that does not turn pink on me. For fair-toned girls who have a problem with your body chemistry turning red lipsticks pink on your lips after about an hour, I think this one is your answer.
Also, most vivid reds look too orange and unnatural on me, but somehow this one doesn't. I saw the lipstick on Natalie Portman's photo, and I fell in love with the shade. Alas, I thought, it'll NEVER look like that on me, but amazingly, it does. (Now if I could just get Natalie's face to go with it:)
I bought the matching lip liner to go with it. You really do need one to keep it from bleeding. It really is a striking shade for evening wear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 8:47:00 AM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Dior is the best if you want a rich red lipstick for yellow base skin tones. I am a nc20 or linen in ELDW.

The formula is amazing! I honestly have never found a drug store dupe for Dior lipsticks. Something about the formula creates a bold color that lasts. EXPENSIVE but worth it. Dior Rouge is not super moisturzing. Okay this is winter and my lips are really dry but in the summer this would be super moist. The pigmentation is perfection. I choose ARA RED 999 (Maybe this is an updated version of ROUGHE DIOR 999 CELEBRITY RED) I love the ARA RED 999 and am reviewing this one.

You do need a lipliner. I recommend one by Dior. It does not plump but I have yet to find a lipstick that really plumps the way they claim.

I needed something that I could have in a pinch to dress up. This the kind of red you wear with a pale face, mascara only and no eye shadow. The Classic elegant French look. A white t-shirt, jeans and light make up. Gawd, I wish I were 25 again. Perfect for the young and naturally beautiful. I love this red lipstick. It lasts and makes my lips look Gorgoeus. Thank you Dior.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 4:40:00 AM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an okay red lipstick. The colour is great, perfect for my yellow undertones, but slightly fair skin (NC20). It is a true red, meaning that it does not veer toward pink/rasberry territory. Therefore, its definately a going out/nighttime lipstick. I use this after I have outlined and filled in my lips with dior natural beige lipliner. Its texture is nice and creamy.

However, I found that its staying power is not long, maybe 3 hours if you are lucky...It does tend to bleed a little even with lipliner and often leaves the dreaded red ring around the lips after drinking/eating which looks atrocious.
The packaging is elegant...what do you expect? It's Dior!

However, for the aforesaid reasons I won't be repurchasing... I prefer the texture and hyper pigmented red found in Diorific lipsticks (and the red shade is glorious-try 014 for a true fire red or play it safe with a more rasberry red, in 013...I have both and am in love with the textures of diorific)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Marianthoula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this shade by mistake, as I was looking for the shade Beluci wore on an ad (644). I was so disappointed when I went home and put it on, and for a little while I dared not wear it. But something on it amazed me... so I went and bought the matching Dior lipliner, No 833. I lined and filled my lips, applied the lipstick lightly with a brush and... magic!

It is such a gorgeous red, a night-out red, but amazingly also an everyday, morning red. Neither blue nor orange-y. I pair it with the softest dusty lilac on the eyes and it is a dream for my morning office makeup.

The packaging is OK. I am so happy it does not have a mirror! Closes safely and looks elegant in my handbag. I bought it by 25% off on sales, otherwise I might not spend that money on a lipstick.

The formula is not drying, but paired with the liner my lips get a little chappy after about 3-4 hours (nothing that 15 minutes of balm can't fix). It glides so smoothly and does not run, even without liner, providing I apply with a lip brush.
I can still see the lines on my lips, maybe because I use a thin coating, and I do not perceive any plumping effect, as the ad says. But I feel my lips somewhat softer after I take it off (if worn alone).

All in all, a colour that scares me every time I look at it, but has me reaching for it every other day. Definitely a staple in my collection. I even think I would repurchase before it completely finishes - just to be sure I am never without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by meumar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite red lipstick - I love it and it's my standby when I go out at night. I'm Indian & have tan skin - it looks fantastic on me. I'd definitely recommend it for Asians/Indians - anybody who has yellow undertones to their skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2011 2:53:00 AM More reviews by rallu

With the help of a Dior make-up artist I found the perfect red shade for my warm skin tone. The quality is great too and it was still on my lips after I had dinner. It is just PERFECT.