December 19, 2014 | 1768 users online

Moisturizers - Boscia - Intensifying Moisture Pack

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Laurad01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this as a moisturizer instead of a mask. I don't have overly dry or oily skin... It's pretty normal, but I do pick at blackheads on my chin a lot and that causes dead skin to flake sometimes. This is the only moisturizer that prevents that flaking. It feels a bit thick and greasy at first, but soaks in very quickly. I have repurchased this product at least 4 times now and will continue to do so. It's a wonderful moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Remykat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I typically use this to layer on after my glycolic acid lotion (Reviva-- love it), and I leave it on overnight. While this is too heavy for an all-over moisturizer, it works great to calm skin after intense chemical treatments (or a rowdy Saturday night). Occasionally, I spot treat with it during the day. When using it as a mask, I saturate my cheeks and chin and do a thin layer on the t-zone. Leave on for 20 min, then remove with a hot washcloth. I love that this can be used so many ways.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by berrycurious

I like this, it's rich. It seems like a regular face moisturizer, not a mask. It has one silicone, dimethicone though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by humps

I really love this hydrating mask as it only takes two to three min to work and it really works very well on my skin. This is definitely a keeper!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by marywebgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It's a little hard for me to judge this product on the price because I got it as a freebie from Boscia. I don't use this frequently, but it's handy to have around when my skin gets extra dry. What made me write a review is that I had to attend several events leading up to a wedding. I don't normally wear a full face of makeup but I did for these events, and the removal of it had dried out my skin a bit. To make sure my skin looked nice and plump with no dry spots for the wedding I put on a thin layer of this stuff in the morning, left it on all day and washed it off right before I did my makeup. It did the job and my foundation went on smoothly.

The directions for using this as a mask on the package -- leaving it on for 10 minutes and then wiping it off with a tissue -- doesn't really work for me. I'd rather leave it on for several hours or overnight to get the best effects.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by pgloe16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sephora did not have a Tester and thus couldn't give me a sample, so I thought I'd buy it since I generally like Japanese skincare.

I guess my skin is much more sensitive than others because within the first minute of applying this pack, my skin was red and I didn't feel any hydration. I then read how it may help as a sealant for use after my regular moisturizer. I tried that and kept it overnight. When I woke up, my skin felt tighter than usual, but very oily on the surface. I guess my skin just does not absorb this product. I've had better experience with bably oil pressed onto damp skin than this pack. I'm returning the product ASAP.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This is my current nighttime moisturizer. Although you can use this as a moisture mask, I find it wasteful to have to wash or wipe this off. As a night cream/moisturizer it's great. I apply a dime-sized blob to my face and it keeps my face hydrated, especially during the wintertime when cold temps/indoor heaters dry out my skin. It's not quite a cream, not quite a gel and absorbs quickly. It has a faint herbal scent and a custard-yellow color.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by violetlite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an excellent moisturizer for my dry skin- I don't bother using it as a mask because my skin drinks it up in a few minutes anyway. For a couple of weeks I have used it about every other night (on its own) and wake up with noticeably nicer, plumped, glowy skin. As a cool added bonus, this stuff seems to really help heal my dry, old blemishes that I get around my chin, but without causing any further breakouts. I do wish it came in a pump bottle, but that's not a big enough issue to effect my rating- awesome, awesome product.

Update- got a little overzealous using this and got a little patch of clogged pores and a couple of blemishes on my chin...I'm not changing my rating, though; I still use it with great results twice a week. Just follow the instructions instead of getting crazy and trying to use it every day like I did :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by way2curlysue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this from Sephora, after my skin had been flaring up and Clinique's dramitically different moisturizing gel was just NOT cutting it anymore. I needed something that would soothe my face (which occasionally breaks out in hives for no good reason).
I had also tried a sample of When Hope is Not Enough by Philosophy, but it was too heavy for this spring weather. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the ingredients list included no harsh preservatives (uses rosemary as a preservative) and that the product has an expiry date. I'm pretty well read about natural products and botanicals, and found that the ingredients list looked promising.
So far (2 weeks) I'm happy with the product and plan to buy the full size this week (thanks 15% off Sephora beauty insider coupon!).
I will warn you; it is a moisture treatment, and not a daily moisturizer, but I have been using it daily on my dry patches (cheeks, under eyes, crevices of nose) and having great results. Also nice under makeup, but takes a few minutes to absorb. Don't put it on your nose unless you want the shine to be visible from outer space.
Update- I went ahead and bought the full size and couldn't be happier. This is great as a mask, but I've been using it (sparingly on the T-zone) on my whole face. I think the hives and occasional breakouts I'd been having were a result of dryness, not oiliness. I use it after a swim to soothe the chlorine patchiness, and every morning and night. Goodbye, Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2010 11:33:00 AM More reviews by rosewaterischic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great mask! I use it after the REN glicolactic mask to calm down my skin and give moisture. Or I leave it on at night, and I just wake up with a wonderful glowing skin, and it gets rid of dry patches.
I wouldn't use it as a moisturizer though, definitely too greasy.