April 20, 2014 | 1917 users online

Lip Treatments - Olay - Regenerist Anti-Aging Lip Treatment

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 7:57:00 AM More reviews by debdee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product definitely provides temporary smoothing of my vertical lip lines. It is colorless and creamy, with mild tingling the first few times I used it. I apply the product underneath my lipstick. The temporary result is slightly smoother looking lips. When I apply lipstick alone, my vertical lines are accentuated. With this product underneath the lipstick, the lines become minimized. I reapply it a few times a day and like the rich moisturizing consistency of the product, it isn't gooey, shiny or waxy. The tube doesn't contain a lot of product, but I maximize its usage by using a lip brush to get the last bit out of the container.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I genuinely love this lip treatment. In fact I tried so many different lip balms and always ended up tossing them before I had a chance to finish a tube just because they did not deliver the result I expected. This past fall I tried Olay Regenerist treatment for the first time although I was sceptical due to the high price and unsatisfactory performance of regenerist face serum I tried previously. What can I say I am very impressed and am on my 6th tube now. The texture is so soft and creamy and tingling sensation is such a pleasure that I find myself reaching for it countless times during the day. Probably this was the reason that it really worked on me! My lips have never been able to survive the whole Russian winter without being all chipped and dry, just perfectly moisturized and always so soft. I totally love this feeling. I gave it 4 in overall rating just because the previous reviewers made me think that there could be better treatments out there that I am not aware of. I will be trying Decleor lip treatment after I finish my current regenerist stick. Will see if I like this one better.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2010 More reviews by Debaloo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Flat out not worth it for what it does which is nothing that it claims.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2010 10:46:00 AM More reviews by RavenBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very impressed! I had been looking for a product that could heal my chapped lips for years. I've tried just about every lip treatment, balm and exfoliator you can think of. It's been like a lip parade at my house for years. I was about to give up hope, until I found this, and Smith's Rosebud Strawberry Lip Balm. I just returned La Prairie's Lip Renewal to Nordstroms after giving it a two month trial (and that cost me nearly $100.00)! I did talk to a La Prairie rep who enlightened me on a few things. She told me that any renewing product like theirs, is going to be drying. It's because it's main job is to promote cell turnover and to encourage peeling, shedding and eventually new growth. That a balm should always be used over it. A light bulb went off in my head, and I suddenly realized what I had done wrong (it would also explain people feeling that this was drying, and made their lips peel). It's supposed to do all of that because it's main job is renewal.

Instead of just moisturizing flaky, dry lips, it gets rid of the older skin, and promotes new layers, which will be smoother and healthier when all is said and done. I wasn't going to spend another $100.00, and reorder the La Prairie stuff in again (even though I did love the blood orange scent). I looked for lip concentrates that might have the same ingredients instead. I came upon this little gem, which has received plenty of nods from the beauty industry. It has many of the same ingredients, and is targeted at cell turnover. I noticed an improvement after just a week. Not only that, but it's more moisturizing than many of the more expensive competitors out there. It left my lips feeling wonderful for hours! I also learned a lesson from that rep, and used balm over it. She was absolutely right. The product by itself was drying after a few days, until I began to apply balm over it (I wanted to test it on it's own for a few days first). Once I did that, I finally struck gold. Smith's Rosebud Balm deserves its massive cult status. It is the most intensely moisturizing balm I have ever tried (and bargain basement cheap too). Using that balm over this product is a perfect marriage. This is dirt cheap when you look at the ingredients they are giving you, and compare it to many lip renewal treatments out there. Don't compare it to balms because it's not a balm. When I look at what I have spent over the years on balms and lip treatments, this system is a major bargain for me! For the first time in years, I am waking up with smooth lips! Big smile here!

Editing to say that I removed two lippies for good reason. Although impressive, this stuff only lasts a few weeks at best! The pen like packaging this comes in is awful. The stick moves around constantly so you have to keep lining it up to get it to fit the right way for application (you will know what I mean when you begin using it). I was very disappointed when I realized how quickly this gets used up! I only use it once or twice a day, and it's gone in less than three weeks! Not only that, but because of the bizarre packaging this comes in, the little chunk that is left falls out no matter what you do (so you don't even get the benefit of using all of it, and it doesn't last very long as is)! This was a very surprising and disappointing wake up call with this product.

At this rate, I would be spending almost $100.00 every 4 months on this stuff! I let the latest tube run out weeks ago, and found that cult favorite "Smith's Rosebud Balm" is the real deal anyway (cheaper, and feels like heaven on my lips)! I don't know why it took me so long to try those (maybe it was the tins, but I got past that rather quickly)! Smith's Balm keeps my lips forever drenched in comfortable moisture, and healed my lips completely (it finished the job). It keeps on working with no unpleasant surprises! I love the Strawberry and Mocha Rose versions best (The Mocha Rose smells just like pure coffee, and the Strawberry smells just like Strawberry Starbursts). I thought they were all just glorified versions of Vaseline or something, but I was wrong. My lips have never felt better, and they last forever! Very healing and so much cheaper!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2010 1:07:00 PM More reviews by karmarge

I found this half price in my local CVS last week. Even though it was still over 11 dollars and for this price it should have a better consistency and packaging. It tingles shortly after application but this means nothing as to how it moisturizes or lasts. This is perhaps on a par with the first part of MF's or CG's long lasting two part lipsticks since all three companies are owned by Proctor and Gamble.

Save money and buy much better products for less.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by dimplebhatti

Works REALLY well! Expensive but works far better than LipFusion which costs a lot more and does nothing!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2009 7:30:00 AM More reviews by Pollypops

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Terrible. What a rip off. My lips were a mess after using this for a week. Don't do it peeps!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2009 11:44:00 PM More reviews by magentagreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I agree with another reviewer below, this is a rip-off of the year!
If it was a cheap, average drugstore lip balm, I probably wouldn't repurchase it either. But for this price, it is simply outrageous.
Ok, it feels silky when first put on lips, it is moisturizing for a while, it tingles a little giving you a feeling that it's "working", but that's it. I put this over night and wake up with dry lips. I have to reapply every half an hour during the day to keep up the original moisture level. If I don't, my lips start chipping after 2-3 hours. My cheap Zam-Bak works 10 times better. Even castor oil puts this to shame.
And the worst thing is that this costs more in South Africa than the amazing Clinique Repairwear lip treatment!

UPDATE: I'm downgrading this to 1 lippy. After almost finishing the whole tube (and it didn't take long) my lips were in need of some serious help. Peeling, cracking, hurting. And I still applied this blindly to give it a chance to work it's magic. I had to go yesterday first thing in the morning to get my poor lips something else to heal them again. There is still a little product left and it's sooo going to go into the dustbin right now. Never again!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2009 12:39:00 AM More reviews by scubaair

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the way this feels on my lips, very soft and silky, not thick or waxy. It actually feels as if it is penetrating enough to work instead of just staying on top of the surface as chap stick does. I do notice a small difference in vertical lines; this product does plump them a bit. The shimmer in the product is so subtle that it makes my lips glow, which I love. What I don't love is the fact that this does not have any sunscreen in it which I find very odd considering the source. Also the price is too much for what you get. This is a drug store product and even if it weren't I'm still not sure I'd pay this much.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Plagueofhamsters

This lip balm is sooooo nice! However, the price tag just ruins the whole thing. It's moisturizing and keeps my lips soft for hours unlike regular lip balm, but for $22, I think I'm sadly going to pass on the repurchase. :(