April 19, 2014 | 1769 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Radiance

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by bigredd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this lotion on and off for years...and it is shimmery and it smells very floral with a green tea bottom note...as for shimmer...I think we all take ourselves a bit too seriously...channel your inner DRAG QUEEN ladies...sparkle and shine!!!...I like this product..;)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Lakesoverocean

I love Burt's Bees Radiance Body Lotion! This is not for your face. I use it for my legs and then with the product that is left over on my hands I apply to arms and/or decolletage.
It's great that it's a natural product. It does its job of moisturizing but what makes me love it so is that it's got the specialness of having a shimmer. And this shimmer does not cost a lot like those other 'glow' products! It is not night-club sparkle - it's shimmer that can be worn in the day. My boyfriend hates glittering products but likes this lotion on me. It makes my skin look great. Not party shimmer; skin look great shimmer.
And the bonus with the shimmer: it lasts!
There is a 'CON' unfortunately: it has an odd scent. I call it "brine" - it smells faintly of pickle water. I believe it fades but nevertheless I can't compliment it for its scent. I wish it smelled like their discontinued "Buttermilk" lotion that reminded me of baby lotion but for having the benefits of not rubbing parabens and its family of chemicals into my skin and having a lovely radiant shimmer it rates "5" for me.
I highly recommend trying this product if you care about what you rub into your skin, want a moisturizer for your arms and legs with the added benefit of a "radiance" and like to make purchases that are considered a bargain compared to similar products!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by tarahkaye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this for the summer when I want to add some subtle shimmer to my legs and arms. The product itself is runnier than I thought, which causes it to be a little messy. A little bit goes a long way, so this should last a very long time!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2012 6:31:00 AM More reviews by l3xileven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm wondering if the British formulation of this body lotion is different having read these reviews.
I purchased this hoping for a natural, nourishing product to use whilst pregnant. The advertised royal jelly seemed like a good start!
The fragrance is a little strange but it doesn't linger on the skin, however this DOES NOT have a subtle shimmer - it is really sparkly! To the point where a couple of colleagues commented on it, and it got on the inside of my clothes. It is also very, very runny in application.
I persevered hoping for the radiant skin promised, but all I got after three weeks was glitter, dry skin and rough patches. I'm not convinced this lives up to its claims, the only radiance it provides is cosmetic and it does not nourish the skin. Would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by rockandlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Miracle product! A little bit of this lotion goes a long way. I'm obsessed with using this lotion under powder/mineral foundation. I use as a body highlighter on my shoulders, chest, legs, and arms too. It gives my skin a beautiful glow. I've not found that the product is sparkly or gives an oily shine. Unfortunately, I have not found that the lotion is super moisturizing; I use it more as makeup and use other products to moisturize.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Jesse30

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this heavy moisturizer. Yes it smells old lady perfumey. But it fades away eventually. I like the shimmer because it seems to make me radiant. I only use the day cream because I can't use the night cream with the my retinol. One of my current faves! :)

Re-Review: Over time it was too thick and gave my skin milla and made almost a "film" over it. I stopped using it and my skin got better. The heavy (unnessicsary) scent also triggered my sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by whimsee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Radiance Night Cream was recommended to me here on Makeup Alley. I had been using the Nivea Co Q10 cream for years, and it was discontinued. I actually tried Crisco (again a Makeup Alley recommendation) but it didn't soak in - just left a greasy face. I feel that the Radiance Night Cream is a heavy moisturizer that soaks in nicely. I was in search of a heavy cream. I often get compliments on my skin. I also bought the Radiance Day Lotion. The lotion is way too thin for me, but apparently there is a day cream so I will try that.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Mandi321

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just got this a few days ago, I really like this stuff works great for me I love everything about it, just wish it came in a bigger bottle is my ONLY complaint on this lotion, I got it for $8.99 at a local grocery store nearby me(Publix) I'm almost sure Walmart probably would have had it for a cheaper amount, and that its 98.2% natural makes even more interesting.. Give it a shot, its awesome stuff!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 12:13:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this so much! At first I admit I was put off by the shimmer. Shimmer is glitter. Lets not sh*t ourselves. When I rubbed it on my arms I noticed the palms of my hands were VERY glittery. But, it doesn't apply that glittery on other parts of the body, thankfully. This makes me feel like my legs look awesome! Somehow manages to kind of even the skin tone and make me look a bit tanner, the skin looks soft and moisturized. I agree with a below reviewer who said that it's good for a night out, though I see no problem with wearing it in the day as well. You may see a little fleck of glitter here and there once its applied, but nothing over the top. Also, while it's a rather light lotion, consistency wise, I must say that the smell is pretty strong. It is flowery/a tad purfumey. Personally I don't mind it, though I admit it is strong, and it does linger for a fair amount of time, so if you don't like the smell, it'd be a no-go.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by JenPhil1313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is a light lotion with mica that I only use on special occassions when I want to add a little shimmer to my skin. It's nice for a date night or out for drinks. Not something that I'd want to use everyday as my regular body moisturizer though. It is VERY heavily fragranced but I don't mind the fragrance- it's very flowery and it mixes nicely with the Coty musk that I wear. And my husband likes the way it smells. The consistency is like a light serum that feels silky- and it does make my skin look and feel moisturized. I especially like the way it looks on my calves and feet. I have even used it on my face without any issue. This is a nice lotion to have on hand for those occassional evenings (for me only 2 or 3 times a month) when I want to add some shimmer and fragrance.