October 22, 2014 | 2014 users online

Makeup Brushes - Merle Norman - kabuki brush

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2010 7:32:00 AM More reviews by smdaigle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this brush with my first purchase of the MN minerals. Mine has a longer handle which is nice but the shedding is a big problem. I've had it for at least a year and when I use it it still sheds like crazy. I can't stand picking little black fibers off of my face so I tend to avoid using it. I use the retractable version more often (but I'm still on a quest for a better Kabuki brush).

It is fluffy and I like how it applies minerals - if only it didn't shed so much!

Edit: I'm not sure when this started happening but the middle of this brush looks like it's been eatten. I think the bristles are breaking off. I'm taking off another lippie for this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2010 8:09:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

I love Merle Norman........normally. I don't care for this brush. Its pretty soft RIGHT after you wash it, but with a couple of uses I find it very scratchy and almost hurts my skin. And it was so expensive. And the handle is too short (ok ok I know most kabuki brushes have short handles......which is why I ordered the EM long handled :) ). I spent 50 bucks on this brush so I will keep it for blending, but I don't like to use it all over bc it hurts too much.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2007 2:02:00 PM More reviews by ctraywick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this brush to put on my Merle Norman mineral makeup. It has been shedding for 3 solid weeks. This is a terrible brush for that reason. The one good thing is that it is very soft. I have since gotten a flat top brush from Everday Minerals and use that to put on MN mineral makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2007 11:48:00 AM More reviews by chancydennis

Great product for the price. Seriously, 12 bucks well spent! I use this brush to apply the MN mineral makeup and it makes application easy and fool-proof. It's very gentle and not at all abrasive to the skin. I took off one lippier(wish I could give it 4.5 lippies) because it has a *small* amount of shedding, or maybe, I'm grinding down too hard. Either way, I would repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2007 6:08:00 PM More reviews by minxgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I totally agree w/ everything in tommicat10's review-this brush is fabulous!!! I too purchased the new Merle Norman mineral foundation (equally as fabulous!!) & I used an old Bare Escentuals kabuki brush that I had on hand; well, it shed all over the place & scratched up my sensitive skin. So, I went back to MN and picked up their kabuki brush, which is soooooooooooooo much better than the B.E. brush; it's super soft, applies & distributes the mineral foundation evenly & is much more affordbale. Love this little bruch!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2007 8:38:00 PM More reviews by tommicat10

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very sensitive skin with Rosacea. I've tried different mineral makeup products and bought several kabuki brushes in the past, usually the ones that come with mineral makeup starter kits, etc. These brushes always seemed to irritate my skin(along with some of the minerals). I thought maybe kabuki brushes needed to be alittle stiff to deliver the powder on the skin correctly. Today in Meryl Norman's store I tried one of their kabuki brushes. What a difference!! This brush was SOFT and didn't scratch at all. Also, it applied the mineral powder just fine. I bought it for $12.00 and will never use anything else. I have no idea the material used in the brush but only know I really like it. If you have sensitive skin or Rosacea you may want to check one of these gentle kabukis out. NO IRRITATION!!!!!!