September 17, 2014 | 1379 users online

Crème - Ben Nye - Creme Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2014 10:27:00 AM More reviews by stephboubs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm currently undergoing a skin care and makeup course, and we frequently practise different looks freely and have a lot of practical time in class. In our makeup kits we were supplied with the Ben Nye creme foundations and it has wonderful coverage and really is great! so one day i decided to try it on my self, i have naturally dry skin and can from time to time get excema, but as soon as i used this product, my skin flared up with excema worse than ever! For the past 3 days my skin has been red and inflamed and extremely dry. I will not be using this product on myself but I will continue to use it on specific clients until they run out where I will discontinue use and invest in another, different foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by EmilyPierce

I ADORE this foundation. It even out my skin without having to use heaps of product, lasts for ages, great packaging for using a flat foundation brushback to apply, and looks absolutely flawless when buffed in and powdered. Definitely a holy grail in my kit for a long time to come.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Selene2013

Its like clown makeup and it looks very bad. If you have dry or oily skin its not for you!
Very greasy look...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by AUSSIEMUMMA

This foundation is amazing! It comes in a huge range of colours. Cheap as chips by Australian makeup price standards. It's full coverage and its staying power is second-to-none. I apply this with my Sigma F80 brush onto my bare skin (no moisturiser) Even in our hot Australian summer this foundation does not budge! Looks like you have flawless shine-free skin - so great for photographs! Highly recommend for special-occasions!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by sakuralin

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As already listed this is theatre makeup used for stage and film. It is NOT for use as daily makeup. Will clog your pores. There are tons of foundations that are way better for your skin. Leave Ben Nye for use when you have a performance on stagel I have rated this for what it is used for. If I had to rate it for personal use I would give it a big 0.

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 5:12:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

These are more so character foundations then beauty/corrective foundations. Why I say this is that they are really opaque while as the Ben Nye Matte Cream Foundation isn't as opaque. This makeup after you set it tends to look kinda masky (depending on what you use to set it. I tried it with both Ben Nye neutral and fair. The fair made me look like I was from one of the twilight films. I'm a P-45.) I really like the foundation though. It covers amazing and when you set it, it sure does stay in place and doesn't crease under the eyes which is a major problem area for me. The only thing is its just way too opaque, so for me the Matte Creme Foundation works a lot better for everyday wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2011 5:10:00 AM More reviews by Liila

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used this product on/off over 2 years. The color I bought was light beige from Cine series. I'm very fair so I ended up with this color; I bought this from a professional make up artist. She recommended shinsei series but all my life I've been in pinky tones so it felt odd.
I've allways liked this kind of foundations; they are in small packages, won't run in the bag, can be used for covering minor mistakes with a brush too, a little goes a long way and the result is natural looking.
(What comes to mineral oil clogging pores and other hypes, my opinion is that it's all just a marketing trick after another. )
This creme foundation is very soft and easy to use when you follow instructions for this type of foundations (compare Joe Blasco Ultrabase). I take this from with applicator, use a damp sponge for application and add a light layer.
Ben Nye Creme/Matte Foundations you can choose the level of coverage. It stays on easily for 8-12 hours on my normal/t-zone oily skin with light touch of of Ben Nye Fair Translucent Powder. (If I go out in the evening I allways do a whole new make up.)
This does not irritate my skin - mineral make up did.
This gave me a little grayish hue so my advice is to take time to choose the right color, try it on your whole face, see it in different lights. In Finland the price for this is about 45€ but it lasts much longer than any selective brand foundation like Dior or Ysl.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by hurricanenika

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm in theatre at my school, and this is what we use for stage makeup.

I don't see how ANYONE can use this for everyday makeup! Ben Nye is a THEATRICAL MAKEUP company. That means all of the makeup is heavy, thick, and oil-based so it doesn't look like a crapfest onstage. But it's not meant to be worn for a full day! It's meant for maybe four or five hours TOPS and then is HAS to be washed off or this stuff will clog your pores like none other.

It's a fantastic stage makeup collection, that's why it receives a five. But it's not meant to be everyday wear!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2009 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Rockabillygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried a shade called Japanese and i found it to work realy good on my skin! A lot of people always complement me on my skin when i use this foundation. I think it is only because it gives it the effect like the MAC studio FIX or like an air brush finish. The price is a bit too much It can range from 9.00 and up. It comes in a flat pan that has a twist top which is good because you can carry it around with you in your purse or just toss it in your makeup bag. I currently am using another foundation but i think after i am done with this Japanese shade i will buy more of it just to have it for back ups so yes i will buy it again!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2009 4:40:00 AM More reviews by ahraffarha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I hate this foundation.

a few months after opening it the color sort of changed on me and started looking ashy and weird.

This foundation also irritated my skin.