October 24, 2014 | 1172 users online

Eye Shadow - Kanebo - KATE Glam Trick Eyes quint - released Spring 2007

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2010 5:18:00 PM More reviews by miyabi0619

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have this palette in the silver/black combination. The colors are truly beautiful. But I have to say that the staying power really disappoints me. I have many other KATE eye shadows and this one just doesn't stay put as well as others. My eye lids are quite oily so I usually use a base that works perfectly with all my other eye shadows. Even with the base, the colors smudge and fade within a few hours.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2009 4:43:00 PM More reviews by LadyAmaryllis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I LOVE these palettes! I have BR-2, which consists of a medium tan, a dark chocolate brown, a pearlescent gold "trick on powder," a black liner shade with gold glitter in it, and a creamy whitish glitter highlighter shade.

The shadows themselves are wonderfully pigmented and stay on well over UDPP, and the "trick on powder" gives a great wash of gold shimmer that is not at all frosty or OTT. I dab the trick on powder all over my eyelid, up to the eyebrows, put the dark brown on the outer corners, and the tan over the majority of my lid. I then line with the black shade. Voila--perfectly matched, smoky brown eye! It compliments my Asian NC30 skin wonderfully.

The packaging is great--the shadows are all sized according to the amount you're supposed to use (you get most of the trick on and least of the liner shadow) and come in a sleek black fliptop case. It doesn't have a mirror but I don't care since I use my bathroom mirror anyway. The included foam applicator is nice and firm, and applies the shadows surprisingly well. Prior to my encounter with these palettes I had dismissed them as ineffective and unprofessional but my opinions have changed thanks to this! The sponge has one regular tip and one slimmer tip, which is absolutely PERFECT for applying and smoking out the liner shade.

I can't wait to buy more of these! I got mine on eBay, but I know that these are available on Ichibankao and Adambeauty, as well as Sasa.com (though the color selection tends to be more limited there).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Lk21

I bought these shades in BK-1 (absolutely LOVE this one) and BR-2; a little too brownish for me; gave it away to my mom :) Anywho, I was surprised at the quality of these shadows, keeping in mind that these are a Japanese drugstore brand. Needless to say, I wish the drugstore brands in North America were as great!! The shades are absolutely gorgeous and shimmery. You can wear the colors for the daytime, and intensify the look with the darkest shade that comes with each of the palettes. They come in various colors, and I will definitely order more in the future!! And on a final note, even the brush that comes with it is great! Soft sponge applicator on one side, and a soft small brush on the other. I use them sometimes when I'm too lazy to find the proper MAC brush for the colors :P

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2008 6:38:00 AM More reviews by dollface_vixen

I bought BK-1 thinking it would turn a dark grey on me but was black. No matter, I still like it. There are five shades: a white (for all over colour), a medium silver (pearly *very* slightly shimmer), dark grey (applies black on me, has silver shimmer bits), black (for lining, with bigger silver shimmer bits, nice pigment for a liner), and a pale grey with glitters. I thought was just a regular shadow until I patted the pale grey glitter on top. It was so pretty! Definitely something more special than the standard smokey eye! The pigment is medium but buildable and the shadow really lasts on my oily lids. I didn't even use primer! The applicator it comes with is pretty good. It's dual ended, with one end for lining. I was actually quite surprised with the lining shade. It's quite pigmented and in conjunction with the applicator, gives a nice black line, similar to that of a pencil liner. The look is quite smokey+ dark but one can wear it during the daytime, depending on the how comfortable they are with darker makeup. As for packaging, I love it! Simple+neat+cool+compact. Will rebuy!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2008 2:01:00 AM More reviews by isa_pin

I bought this in the metallic peach palette and then after I tried it for the first time immediately went out to get the green palette!!

The product has fantastic staying power. I have fairly oily lids but do not need to use eye base with this product and it still stays til the end of the day. And I'm currently in extreme humidity in Hong Kong Summer! It also applies easily with my e/s brushes.

This is such a bargain because you're getting 5 shades! And I love it how the blackest shade has sparkles in it in the same tone. E.g. the black colour in the green palette has green sparkles!!

Previous review says it's not that pigmented and I agree but I think it's not meant to be that pigmented. It just has a very nice metallic sheen which gives you a very glamourous night time look. I alway get compliments on how nice my eye make up is when I wear the green at night. It's none of that garish MAC green that you get, so it's perfect if you're going for an elegant look.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2008 1:32:00 PM More reviews by supergirl182

Loads of people recommended Kate eyeshadow to me so, although I have loads of eyeshadow I went and bought myself the moss green palette anyhow. There are 5 shades, including a white shimmer and a dark shimmer.

I found this fairly difficult to apply. The texture was really nice, but these shadows are not very pigmented at all and it is fairly difficult to make the colors show up with an eyeshadow brush. The spongy applicator included helps it show up more but it gives really harsh lines!

UPDATE: I find that as I have been using it for a longer time it has become more pigmented! (Maybe because i've used up the top layer or something...) Also, it looks better when applied wet with a water-sprayed brush
I've worn it once and it was long-lasting enough to last me more or less the whole day without a base. It's also worth mentioning that the black shimmer can be used as a liner, so you don't have to worry about the raccoon eye dilemna you can have with waxy eye pencils.

I like it, even though its not very pigmented. The glitter just looks pretty!
Overall, worth the repurchase even though it is not very pigmented at all

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2008 12:05:00 PM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in BK-1. I really like this eyeshadow, because it really produces dramatic results, without being overpowering. :) I am on my second one, I will definitely continue to re-purchase these!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2007 2:15:00 AM More reviews by blueblood91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

i have always been a fervent kate fan and i pretty much love everything kanebo has to offer. the palette i have is BK-1 and this little guy has basically everything i need for a smokey nighttime look. all the shades compliment each other really well, and are super shimmery when applied, so you need to use a light hand at applying or else you end up with shimmer all over your face. (to prevent that from happening, i do my eye makeup first, blot off any excess shimmer and then do the rest of my face). it's super sparkly under the light and you can even get away with a daytime look by only using the light lavender shade over your entire eye, and then gently line your upper lids with the glittery black liner shade at the bottom right. i love this but probably won't repurchase as it looks like it's going to last me a good while. i paid about usd$11 for this at a local drugstore, and for the price, it's a really awesome palette.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2007 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Waiting_tx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a true blue Kanebo Kate fan. I have fervently and loyally collected their palettes for all my money allows, not to mention how hard it is to purchase them in Singapore (very limited selection and forever out of stock!). So I splurged and bought all 5 colors of the Glam Trick Eyes when a friend is coming back from HK. It costs about SGD18 each.
I have sinced tried out PU-1, BK-1 and BU-1. But I gotta say I'm disappointed by the performance. Kate has always been my fav eyeshadows and I adore their Line Spicy collection. While Glam Trick looks oh-so-pretty in the pan, it doesn't show enough coloration on my lids, and it's like the only KATE that actually creases on me. No matter how I layer, it just doesn't live up to the intensity like the Line Spicy or Deep Eyes Quint. One plus point is that the darkest color in each palette is stunningly pretty and unique. I love all of them - shimmer black, shimmer black with a maroon tone, shimmer deep blue and etc...All are intensely shimmered but I find them acceptable to wear casually.
No matter what, for a Kate fan like me, these palettes make beautiful deco for the dressing table! They're so pretty just to look at! continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2007 2:20:00 PM More reviews by tanbelina

I have this palette in GD-1, which is composed of:
A rich gold shimmery bronze
a cocoa neutral brown
a shiny peachy-pink
a creamy-white shade
and a black shade.
all eyeshadows are extremely glittery in nature.

I recently bought this product in GD-1- mainly because I was attracted to the shiny bronze/gold shade to amp up a nightime look. I was also really excited because I thought this palette could provide a range of daytime and nightime looks
However, all the shadows are so packed with glitter, that it looks garish in the daylight. The color payoff isn't great either.
Having said that, the palette was cheap and will work nicely to heighten any glamorous look