October 24, 2014 | 1403 users online

Primer/ Corrector - DHC - Q10 Moist Color Base

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2012 7:02:00 AM More reviews by chuichi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not 100% sure if this is what I tried, but the product name is "Q10 Moisture Care Color Base in Beige". I tried a small sample sachet and I quite liked it. It does give an even base for applying makeup on top. Not sure if it does what it says about correcting uneven skin tones though, perhaps needs to be used over a longer period of time to find out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2010 4:44:00 AM More reviews by widoutu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

NOOOOOOOO!!! They are discontinuing it!!! I just found out that it is in the clearance section and got shocked. This thing makes my skin glow!! I have both green and beige and love them both. I wore beige during winter like foundation when my skin was lighter, and now I mix it with laura mercier's tinted moisturizer and it works wonders for me. It provides coverage, hides my dark circles, comfortable, has spf, and... is just perfect. I am using retin-a right now so my skin is more red than usual, so I use green base as well to cover that. Its perfect. Why do good products always get discontinued............................ I better stack this up before it is gone.. btw green one is already gone. depressing...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2009 9:15:00 AM More reviews by JamieP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this in green and I love it. This is a primer/corrector NOT a foundation. You really do need to wear some sort of foundation over it or it will look unnatural, but hey, you are smart girls so you already knew that.

This stuff does a great job of covering acne scaring and it counteracts the redness in my face. I put a pea-sized dollop on a sponge and I lightly dab it over my spots, then my whole face. I keep dabbing until it is blended. Never ever try to spread it around like lotion. You will end up with streaks. Once it has set, I apply the DHC Q10 cream foundation in the same manner. This combo makes my skin look so fresh and pretty.

I cannot reiterate enough, do not use too much! A little bit truly goes a long way.

I work in an office 8 hours a day and then I go straight to the gym to workout and coach a class. I wear this stuff from 6:30 am to 8:00 pm and I have never had to touch it up even though I work in a warm environment and sweat like a fool at the gym.

One more thing, the bottle is small so it is easy to take along with you, if needed, plus the spout makes it easy to squeeze out the perfect amount.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2009 2:44:00 PM More reviews by wiseowl

Once again, am a little unsure w/number of lippies awarded. This is for the green version--am planning on trying yellow so will update on that. The tricky thing with all color correctors, esp. in green, is texture issue. The Estee Lauder version is much thicker, so none of the runniness issues that happen w/DHC's version, but the thicker you go, the cakier you're going to get when you apply foundation or tinted moisturizer over it. Another tough thing w/green corrector is that, while they knock out redness, they always require something over it, unless it's Halloween and you've decided to go as a witch. Another annoying thing is slight grease factor w/product, though I sure know some things to super mattify regarding that problem. However, all that said, I'll probably buy some shade of this product again. DHC's products, w/exception of their Mild Soap, are gentle on me, often have the free sample option, and are cheaper than Shiseido stuff. I know Physician's Formula has some cheap green color corrector options, but they often have some form of Vitamin A derivatives and Vitamin A stuff and retinoids can be harsh on my skin, would rather pay four dollars more in RP plus shipping than make my rosacea whimper.
Update: got a yellow sample from DHC. The general texture is why I'm still leaving it a three, but wow, yellow is definite improvement. Way more natural color on my face and it did block redness. I don't use a lot and then pad it w/a little pressed, lightly tinted powder. I think the texture problem may be helped w/a little decent primer, so that I can apply a little of the moist color base w/a smoother finish. Thanks to the oh-so glamourous Jitterbugdoll for the tip of trying yellow. For fair skinned, tempting as it is to be super aggressive hiding redness w/green tint, downplaying a yellow tint way easier than a green one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2009 12:58:00 PM More reviews by cakie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

While I LOVE DHC products, but this one certainly doesnt get my kudo. I bought this in green since my face often appears redder than my neck, so I'm hoping this could be a cheaper dupe of my MUFE green primer. I believe the formula of this color base has probably been changed as the older reviews said it is in a watery form, and the one that i have received from DHC is in a very thick cream form inside a tube. The application is easy yet painful, because you can easily control the amount of product you want to get from the tube, however, you really need to apply it with a SUPER light hand or you will end up looking like a ghost. It does cover the redness on my face, but the finish doesnt look natural at all. And it doesnt get absorbed quickly neither. As a matter of fact, my face looked pretty shiny and *plastic* like with this on lol So enough said, i would not repurchase for sure. I give this 3 lippies still as it didn't break me out, the price tag is *friendlier* than many brands and because of the Q10 it has, i believe it does makes my skin looks slightly healthier...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2009 4:24:00 AM More reviews by yu

When DHC has it on sale, I bought it in beige. It's a little too bright for my medium skin tone in summer, but seems OK if I use darker foundation and loose powder to tune it down. The first time I put too much and it looked horrible, just like a very unnatural mask. But when I use the right amount, it has a decent coverage and makes my skin look smooth. Good for all temporary blemish spots, and even covered my under eye circles. The only down side is that it claims a SPF 30, but you really can not use it as a sunscreen since you only need very little amount to balance or correct your skin tone, and with that amount there is no way to achieve the SPF 30 effect. And yes it is a bit sticky, not fluid, so be patient to blend it evenly.
Again, don't put too much! A pea size or less is enough for your face. It's not the way how you use your foundation or tinted moisturizer if you don't want to look like painting a mask. FYI: DHC has its sample of 0.01 oz, the smallest sample size in DHC, and you only need no more than that for one application. So I guess the 1 oz product will last me a long long time. I can see why they call it a color base. It's not ment to match your skin tone but to change it in the way you want.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by ginurse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this! I alternate between the beige and the pink. It works well for me because I have really oily skin; I don't think it would work well for those with dry/normal skin because it is very mattifying. It does a good job of covering up any uneven areas on my skin before I apply my regular primer and foundation. Love it, and hope DHC never stops making this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2009 7:25:00 PM More reviews by saomia

I have this in pink and beige. I preferred the pink, I have yellow undertone and it covers imperfections really well. A little goes a long way because it's like a whitish concealer. I apply it all over my face including the under-eye area, and sometime I don't have to use foundation after this. I set it with loose powder and I finish with bronzer so my face doesn't look too white.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2009 1:22:00 PM More reviews by chixyb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG! I use this in green, I am roughly NC10, and everything breaks me out, and leaves me oily and melting in 2 hours. This lasts all day for me, with maybe 1 powder touch up, and 1 blot. It lightens me enough to keep my tad bit too dark foundation a perfect match. I've been using this for over 2 months now and no break outs. At first I was applying it with my hands, but because of the spf, it was hard to wash off. I then started applying it with my Sonia Kashuk blue peep sponge and it is perfect for it! It also gives me enough coverage and evens out my skin to where I can leave the house with no other foundation (thanks to DHC olive essentials set I have clear skin for the first time ever).

It removes quite easily with DHC oil cleanser. I will definitely be buying this forever and ever!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2009 6:03:00 PM More reviews by babypiglet

I have never use a primer before. I got the velvet skin sample and like it. But I was surprise and a little horrified after I applied this. I got it in yellow. It's not thick but just not blendable. Even though I am light, this make me look like a ghost, very mask like - unnatural. To fix this, I tried to apply some TM. It made the TM hard to glide and blend, a problem I never have before.