September 1, 2014 | 1351 users online

Eye Shadow - Chanel - Les 4 Ombre Quadra Eye Shadow 81 Beige Velours

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by soylent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this quad thinking that I would wear it to work - and boy, will I. Gorgeous harmony between the colours as well as wearable in a number of different ways. All four colours don't have a HUGE amount of pigment - but I don't seek that in Chanel quads, which tend to give a more subtle radiance than INTENSE BATCHES OF COLOUR (I'm looking at you, Naked palettes). The only colour that seems to pull slightly chalky on the brush is the light tan shade - but it wears well once on the eye. Not an intense highlight, but definitely subtle sheen on the inner corner. For a more intense pigmentation use an eyelid primer beforehand, or M.A.Cs paintpot in painterly is quite a nice base -- but I usually just wear as is, and it still looks stunning.

One complaint: don't layer toooooooo much. The texture of the shadows is most beautiful when applied with a light hand - particularly the lighter shades. The lack of build-up between the colours is what made me lean towards giving this quad a 4/5.

As for other colours - the taupe is absolutely, 100% the most gorgeous taupe I've ever used. A satin finish that pulls beautifully on both pale and medium toned skins. I usually use the taupe as a wash, deepen the crease with the deep brown, apply some of the pinky apricot shade just above the lid (mostly inner 1/2) and highlight with the light fawn. However, I've found that blending the pinkish shade over the brown in the outer crease gives this impossibly gorgeous, pale mauve dimension to the eye that is inimitable with other shadows. Apart from making me look heavily done up at work, I look polished, crisp and that taupe ... well, lets say my dark brown eyes have found their life partner.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by countess77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Poor pigmentation. I regret buying this. Cheap as I am, I really regret it, because it was expensive, and not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 6:41:00 AM More reviews by annakimla

This is a very elegant quad, the shadows are perfect to wear in the office, great match for blue eyes. They last all day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by jandi

My first Chanel eye shadows, and probably my last. The packaging is beautiful, and the shades looked like the perfect neutral, sheer but noticeable enough to give a polished look. I have to use a lot of product for it to show, and I'm specially disappointed with the peach shade, which looks like a sheer nude wash, with no noticeable effect brightening my eyes. The other three shades are not great, but not awful either. Plus, in a few hours, they creased badly - cheaper drugstore eye shades did not crease on me. Not worth the money, I think.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a staple in my make up bag for a natural daytime look. The colours are very sheer (I use Mac paint pot in Bare Study as a primer and it enhances the colours of this quad in an amazing way). I use all the 4 colours of the palette.

Not suitable if you are looking for highly pigmented eyeshadows - this is not what this palette delivers. But if you are looking just for a classic eye shadow and a touch of colour that makes you look well groomed this quad is perfect.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2009 1:06:00 AM More reviews by joy18

This was the first Chanel eyeshadow that I bought and I was a little disappointed. I love the compact case and the colors look beautiful, but when I actually tried using them, the colors barely showed at all and I even had some people ask if I wasn't wearing any makeup that day! Wetting the brush before dipping it in the shadow makes the colors darker, but I hate dealing with the wet brushes and don't like how it makes the shadow in the case look. For the price and the name, I would expect more.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2009 1:33:00 PM More reviews by maret81

I love this compact :) I bought it for my wedding, and it looked terrific in pictures. I actually use all 4 colours in this compact, which might be the first time ever with a compact. Beige Velours is perfect if you like neutral eyes!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2009 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Charlin

The packaging is great quality; very sturdy and neat. The colours are very pretty to look at but they barely show up on my skin at all. The lightest cream colour is very faint, it makes my eyelid look 'cleaner' but that's about it. The pink is very light too, as is the pale brown. The darkest colour doesn't even show up that much!
If you like really sheer shadows then this might be suitable, otherwise, I wouldn't bother. I guess the shadow would be good for wearing to work though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2009 1:37:00 PM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I won't be buying a Chanel quad again. This palette is so, so blah. The apricot barely shows up, the highlight colour doesn't either, and the browns are alright, but nothing better than you could buy from Maybelline or another drugstore brand.

The pigmentation and lasting power is rubbish. This is another Chanel product that just sits in my drawer, never being used. I paid 31 for that! Pffff. Never again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2009 10:00:00 AM More reviews by danapop

This was my first Chanel quad as well. And I have been as well disappointed - poor pigmentation, poor lasting power, nothing special about the colour, the apricot one is dry and unusable. I still have the shadows because I like the taupe and the dark brown-purple and I use it when I want a neutral makeup. My second quad from Chanel (that was a gift) was also a dissapointment (MUCH chaper brands have MUCH better shadows than these quads). I don't intend to buy again. Beige Velours or other Chanel quads. Unless they come up with some amazing colours (at least) to (partially) justify the price.