November 26, 2014 | 1635 users online

Moisturizers - MD Formulations - Moisture Defense Antioxidant lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Lalalucy1

This product works wonders for my skin.it is my all time favourite moisturizer but extremely expensive in my country but not once did it ever break me out or irritate my skin. It was the perfect consistency for me.

Pros:
Light weight, moisturizing & gentle

Cons:
Expensive!!! A little sticky/Dewey

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by slidingdoors

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

With all the good reviews I've seen on this product, I was hopeful when I ordered it.
Unfortunately, it didn't work for me.
Cons:
It has a fragrance which I found unpleasant and distracting. It didn't seem to dissipate either.
It sort of sat shinily on my skin, feeling a bit greasy (not exactly greasy, but emollient or something, though not in a good way).
It appeared to quickly give me new instances of sebaceous hyperplasia (which are kind of like milia though they are shaped like a tiny doughnut instead of like a little round ball - they form on top of oil glands when they are blocked, and basically they cannot be gotten rid of easily at all, so they are a real pain) on my forehead, which I only get from occlusive products.
It stung my eyes, especially towards the end of the day when presumably my accumulating facial oil was helping it to "migrate" towards my eyes. I don't often get this with products, not even benzoyl peroxide or glycolic acid.
Pros:
The bottle is a good, protective one (opaque with a pump).
The formula has been given a very high ranking by Paula Begoun's team.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2012 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Lyla90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't used this product much yet but I must say, there are a few products which don't aggravate my overly sensitive skin, and this is one of them. There is a slight medicinal smell which I personally like and it really seems to hydrate well and I believe, protect. Have a few fine lines due to my dehydrated skin which I hope this product will take care of. Have to use it more to find out, looking positive so far and pretty sure I'll repurchase. Is rather lightweight so I use it below my basic Olay facial lotion.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by slim34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice, lightweight moisturizer. I alternate this one with the AOX hydrating gel. I actually like the gel better, but use the lotion on days where I need a little more moisture. If I use it daily, I do get a little cloggy. It seems to work best if I use it about every 3rd day, and the gel the other two days.

I don't love the packaging because its hard to tell how much of the product is left. I always have to guess when I need to reorder it. Overall, though I think it is a good light moisturizer. I will continue to purchase this along with the gel.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by ShineeBee

I really wish to like this, but I can't.

Pros
- extremely like weight - I thought it went bad because it was that watery. It even more lighter then a lot of serum I have tried.
- so far, it doesn't seems to clog my pores
- absorb quickly

Cons
- isn't moisturizing enough. May be a good option in summer. But now it's winter, and if I didn't use my hyaludronic acid together with it, my skin would feel tight in my oily t-zone and I have dry patches all over my other areas.
- gave a sticky tight finish after application.
- it's quiet expensive for just a small bottle.
- The packaging the pump doesn't pump out product well after a few use.

Overall: I think this will be a great option for those with very oily skin. But if you have combination skin, this may not be moisturizing enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by sockersara

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have combination skin that can either go really dry or break out if I use products that are too harsh or too heavy. This moisturizer works well for me, it is lightweight and moisturizes without clogging the pores. Works better during the warmer months of the year (I live in Sweden), during the winter my skin gets drier and needs more moisture.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2011 8:35:00 AM More reviews by anity

While there is nothing wrong with this light weighted moisturiser, I find it does nothing more than other cheaper moisturiser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 11:02:00 AM More reviews by fivestar

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The best light weight dry skin moisturizer.
Instead of putting on heavy creams, this this lotion actually exfoliates with lactic acid, has anitoxidants, is fragrance free and makes my skin really soft and not greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2010 5:35:00 PM More reviews by ufh1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG of moisturizers. I use it under MD Formulations Moisture Defense Antioxidant Moisturizer SPF20.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2009 7:50:00 AM More reviews by ChIp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

the good parts are that this didn't break me out (i have sensitive and tender skin that gets red/develops bumps easily), it helped reduce the oiliness in my skin. i used to have to blot my face by ard noon time but after using for a while i only blotted ard 2pm or so. not sure if its my eyes but it seemed the lines on my neck became less obvious. packaging-wise it's hygenic - yay for pump bottles!

now for the bad... it left dry patches on the skin below my jaw and near my neck.. not sure if its the moisturiser or the serum i was using (md formulations continuous renewal serum). plus there's no way of knowing the product is running out cos the bottle is opaque. i wish they'd use a clear/translucent bottle.

kinda pricey ($50) for the volume given (i used it 2ce daily, 2-3 pumps each time and it lasted me ard 1 month). i switched back to origins mega mushroom range after this. not sure if i'd repurchase.