MD Formulations Moisture Defense Antioxidant lotion

4.3

Purified Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Urea, Cyclomethicone (and) Polysilicone-11 Lactic Acid, Sorbitan Stearate, Gyceryl Stereate, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Isahexadecane, Sodium PCA, Hyaluronic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ceramide III, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Cholesterol, Millet (Panicum Mliaceum) Extract, Superoxide Dismutase, Allantoin, Bisabolol, Camellia Oleifera Extract, Tocopherol, Acrylates Copolymer, Butlyene Glycol, Steareth-2, Cellulose, Carboxymethylcellulose, Xanthun Gum, BHT, Sodium Hydroxide, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. 5/20/09

on 6/28/2015 8:24:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I love this product. I use it a night as my nighttime moisturizer/AHA treatment. It is summer, so I do not need an additional moisturizer on top of this and my serum. I guess this lotion could by used as a serum/AHA or moisturizer/AHA depending on the dryness of skin. I have already bought a back up as I am almost finished with the first bottle. It leaves my skin so soft and "fresh looking". Does not make me break out.

The packaging is so-so, although I do prefer opaque tubes/bottle, the pump is a bit difficult and you just have guess how much you have left. Expensive too. But this has now become a HG product!

on 7/15/2013 5:49:00 AM

This product works wonders for my skin.it is my all time favourite moisturizer but extremely expensive in my country but not once did it ever break me out or irritate my skin. It was the perfect consistency for me.

Pros:
Light weight, moisturizing & gentle

Cons:
Expensive!!! A little sticky/Dewey

on 10/18/2012 9:02:00 PM

With all the good reviews I've seen on this product, I was hopeful when I ordered it.
Unfortunately, it didn't work for me.
Cons:
It has a fragrance which I found unpleasant and distracting. It didn't seem to dissipate either.
It sort of sat shinily on my skin, feeling a bit greasy (not exactly greasy, but emollient or something, though not in a good way).
It appeared to quickly give me new instances of sebaceous hyperplasia (which are kind of like milia though they are shaped like a tiny doughnut instead of like a little round ball - they form on top of oil glands when they are blocked, and basically they cannot be gotten rid of easily at all, so they are a real pain) on my forehead, which I only get from occlusive products.
It stung my eyes, especially towards the end of the day when presumably my accumulating facial oil was helping it to "migrate" towards my eyes. I don't often get this with products, not even benzoyl peroxide or glycolic acid.
Pros:
The bottle is a good, protective one (opaque with a pump).
The formula has been given a very high ranking by Paula Begoun's team.

on 8/15/2012 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I haven't used this product much yet but I must say, there are a few products which don't aggravate my overly sensitive skin, and this is one of them. There is a slight medicinal smell which I personally like and it really seems to hydrate well and I believe, protect. Have a few fine lines due to my dehydrated skin which I hope this product will take care of. Have to use it more to find out, looking positive so far and pretty sure I'll repurchase. Is rather lightweight so I use it below my basic Olay facial lotion.

on 7/14/2012 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a nice, lightweight moisturizer. I alternate this one with the AOX hydrating gel. I actually like the gel better, but use the lotion on days where I need a little more moisture. If I use it daily, I do get a little cloggy. It seems to work best if I use it about every 3rd day, and the gel the other two days.

I don't love the packaging because its hard to tell how much of the product is left. I always have to guess when I need to reorder it. Overall, though I think it is a good light moisturizer. I will continue to purchase this along with the gel.

on 5/17/2012 1:05:00 AM

I really wish to like this, but I can't.

Pros
- extremely like weight - I thought it went bad because it was that watery. It even more lighter then a lot of serum I have tried.
- so far, it doesn't seems to clog my pores
- absorb quickly

Cons
- isn't moisturizing enough. May be a good option in summer. But now it's winter, and if I didn't use my hyaludronic acid together with it, my skin would feel tight in my oily t-zone and I have dry patches all over my other areas.
- gave a sticky tight finish after application.
- it's quiet expensive for just a small bottle.
- The packaging the pump doesn't pump out product well after a few use.

Overall: I think this will be a great option for those with very oily skin. But if you have combination skin, this may not be moisturizing enough.

on 1/17/2012 2:16:00 PM

I have combination skin that can either go really dry or break out if I use products that are too harsh or too heavy. This moisturizer works well for me, it is lightweight and moisturizes without clogging the pores. Works better during the warmer months of the year (I live in Sweden), during the winter my skin gets drier and needs more moisture.

on 12/29/2011 8:35:00 AM

While there is nothing wrong with this light weighted moisturiser, I find it does nothing more than other cheaper moisturiser.

on 2/20/2011 11:02:00 AM

The best light weight dry skin moisturizer.
Instead of putting on heavy creams, this this lotion actually exfoliates with lactic acid, has anitoxidants, is fragrance free and makes my skin really soft and not greasy.

on 11/2/2010 5:35:00 PM

This is my HG of moisturizers. I use it under MD Formulations Moisture Defense Antioxidant Moisturizer SPF20.

Popular Moisturizers