September 19, 2014 | 1238 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Thoroughly Theraputic Honey Orange Wax Body Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by nintastic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am in love with this lotion. It is incredibly moisturizing, lasts all day, and smells divine (which is something I never thought I'd say-- I normally can't stand honey scents). If they made a candle that smelled like this, I'd buy three.

As a few other reviewers have mentioned, the lotion sometimes tends to harden and block the squirt spout, and can separate over time. More often than not, a good shaking will remedy that. On the plus side, I feel pretty comfortable tossing the bottle in my travel bag- a blocked spout means I don't have to worry about lotion blowouts!

I recently saw that this was discontinued on the BB website, so I've been pretty casually looking for a replacement, but as far as smell goes, nothing in the Burt's Bees line even comes close. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2011 2:02:00 AM More reviews by maggiecuda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This has got to be one of my favorite BB's products.

The texture: ridiculously rich.
The scent: comforting.
The effect: really, deeply moisturizing.

The only complaint, and it does become a basic and substantial one, is getting the damn cream out of the bottle. It hardens, and quickly stops up the top...so you have to unscrew it and tap the bottle to get it out. Oh well, guess it can't be perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2010 11:22:00 AM More reviews by jess1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like the way this lotion feels but I dont like the smell. Something about it reminds me of soft scrub bathroom cleaner. I'm not taking points off for that as it is probably just me and wont bother most people. I might try this in a different scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2009 3:03:00 AM More reviews by snowrabbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this body lotion. Whenever my skin needs soothing, I always turn to this because it always without fail manages to calm my skin down. Some areas of my skin suffer from dryness and irritation and this has always been the cure. It truly is "thoroughly therapeutic". I do find that it sometimes sits on top of the skin when first applied (I suppose because of the orange wax ingredient) but once you massage it into your skin, it sinks right in and it is the most divine treatment for your skin. Besides that it is 99.01% natural, smells so lovely and is reasonably priced. What's not to love? I will repurchase again and again.
For Canadian gals: It's a bit difficult to locate this lotion so try Sears as I always find this at Sears.

Ingredients:
Aqua, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, glycerin, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, stearic acid, cera alba, glucose, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, honey, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) wax, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, whole dry milk, tocopherol, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, sodium borate, parfum, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 3:08:00 AM More reviews by spiderleenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this body lotion! It makes my skin super-soft and it smells absolutely wonderful. If I have one complaint, though, it would be the bottle. The lotion itself is very thick, so it can become a pain in the butt to get out of the bottle (I usually end up taking the cap off to get the lotion out). It should be packaged in a tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2009 6:15:00 PM More reviews by NicoleAM

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This smells absolutely divine! It's thick and creamy while not being greasy, and soaks right in. I use this after taking a shower, and it makes my skin so soft, and it doesn't irritate my sensitive legs.
The scent, though, is lovely. Not to sweet or heavy, very light, fresh, and soothing.
I bought this on sale at Walgreens, and fear that they may be discontinuing it. Looks like I'll have to stock up!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2008 5:47:00 AM More reviews by carmenci99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first burt's bees purchase and I have to say that I love it! I really, really like the way it smells, but then again I like the smell of honey so that explains it :). I find it to be very moisturizing and it sinks in very quickly, leaving my skin feeling soft but not oily.
My only complaint is the bottle. The first time I put it on, I really had to flex my muscles to the point I was afraid that the bottle would break! I even poked around the opening with a toothpick to make sure there wasn't any dry product in the way.
As another reviewer pointed out, it's much, much easier to dispense it if you shake it a few times first.
I'll definitely repurchase it as I'm in love with the scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2008 4:01:00 PM More reviews by mrsroo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love the texture, love the scent . . . hate hate HATE the bottle. This is just much too thick for its packaging and requires serious effort to squeeze out. I had my husband try too and he commented that the bottle is way to hard for the thickness of the lotion.

Seriously considering transferring the lotion to a different container, but otherwise, I'm a fan!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2008 8:05:00 PM More reviews by GutterGeisha

I bought this when (foiled again!) Target was sold out of my usual, the milk and honey version (I have a review posted for that one as well). Out of the displayed testers, this one felt the best on my hands.
I feel it moisturizes just as well as the M&H, though the smell is a little more attention grabbing as far as I'm concerned. My husband won't even come near me during the first few minutes after application. He thinks it's the stinkiest ever. And I have no inclination to even attempt to use it at work, after having to deal with my coworkers' annoying quips about the M&H's scent in the past. I don't find the scent disgusting per Se, just very strong. You can definitely smell the honey more than anything, which would be fine on its own but in conjunction with the orange scent, it just seems a little - weird...? I haven't noticed any strong, long term lingering, though.
Upon application, it seems a little sticky,almost like watered - down glue. That soon goes away once it has done its thing and settled into your skin. I don't have to constantly reapply it keep my skin feeling the way I like it to, either.
So, all in all, this is another good lotion from Burt's. I would still reach for the M&H first, but if (or should I say - WHEN) Target is sold out, I would definitely opt for this one to replace it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2008 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Diva5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, can't believe how many people love this stuff. I hate it. It's sticky won't come out of the bottle and smells. I love all Burt's Bee but this is the only product I really did not like at all. I tossed it out I hated it so bad. I love the smell of Orange too. I have the Orange Ginger Everything Burt's Bee.