August 21, 2014 | 2080 users online

Moisturizers - Nivea - Light Moisturizing Day Care

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just an average cream. After a particularly dry winter I was finding my face with dry patches, I gave this stuff a try but it didn't help at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by phalaenopsis_619

Quite an average daytime moisturizer. My face becomes very greasy upon applying and as a result, foundation doesn't stay well on my face. Even if I didn't use foundation, the grease tends to oxidize after a while, and my face just looks greasy with a weird colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by meeshmallow

So I've been using this cream for a while now (maybe a year or so?), and I actually don't mind it. It's the first moisturizer I found with SPF that doesn't smell like it has sunscreen in it, one of the things I love about it. The smell is nice and light, and the texture's pretty smooth and creamy so it melts into my skin.

I have combination skin but mainly oily in the summer. I don't think I'll be using this in the summer since it'll be too oily for me, but it worked fairly well in the winter although I still had some dry patches. I think I'll try Nivea's Mattifying moisturizer for the upcoming hot weather along with some CC cream for SPF!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by luciaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Why do they market this as "light moisturizing" for "normal to combination skin" when it feels so oily?! I bought this when it was on sale for $4 and was literally shocked when I tried it on my face! It is not light at all, but rather oily and a bit thick. How do you trust a brand when the products do not match descriptions? In the end I kept the tube and started using this as a winter hand moisturizer. It is a good hand moisturizer but I'm unlikely to buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Dream24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Since my favourite moisturizer was discontinued, I have been searching for a new moisturizer for a long time. Sadly this was not the product for me.

I like how this moisturizer leaves my skin smooth, the package is easy to use, the formula absorbs into my skin quickly and does not cause any irritation or breakouts to occur (my skin is extremely sensitive and can be oily and dry at the same time). It is also lightly scented. This is formula is definitely lighter compared to the regular formula. A decent price for a drug store brand.

Unfortunately, although this moisturizer claims to be "light", it is a little bit heavy and oily to use on a daily basis during the summer months. And the packaging leaves some room for improvement, as it is difficult to get out the moisturizer when reaching the end.

Overall, this moisturizer is a decent product, but it is not the product for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by starlet1209

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am on my third tube of this product. Although I have tried many high and low end moisturizers I keep coming back to this one! Since I have teenage, blemished skin, I also have tried many anti-acne moisturizers, but none of them compare to this one!
It is so light, it absorbs into my skin very quickly. But leaves it SO soft, even the next morning I can feel the softness. It has a nice light perfume-y scent that I like, and the packaging is easy to use, and small enough for travel.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by MuddyMocha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This did wonders for my skin and my wallet whne I used it. First it was cheap and second it was perfect for my skin. I felt like I didn't break out as much when I used but my skin was really soft and smooth looking. I used three tubes which lasted quite a while before I tried a new moisturizer. It's been almost around seven months since I last used this I just haven't posted a review which I thougth I should at least do since I thought it was a good product.

I probably wont use this again but not because it's bad in any way. It's just due to the fact that I'm switching over to organic beauty products slowly but surely. But if I ever decided to go back to "conventional" products this would probably be one of the first things that I would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 10:00:00 AM More reviews by amoenaonline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used this moisturizer for years now. It so perfect for me that I haven't tried any other moisturizers since I started using this. It absorbs really quickly and works great under makeup. It never leaves the skin greasy feeling. It gives almost a matte look. I have acne-prone skin, but this product hasn't caused any problems. I probably keep repurchasing this until it gets discontinued!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by kcb8

I love this moisturiser. I've been using it since I was about 14 (I'm 22 now), and although I've tried others I always end up going back to this one.
I'd say I have normal skin - the occasional breakout and a bit dry in winter, but nothing extreme. This moisturiser is just a perfect one for everyday use; it's light, smells fantastic (that's one of my favourite things about it), and just leaves your skin feeling so soft, clean and bright. I honestly can't imagine starting my day or going to bed without it. Plus it has SPF, it's cheap, and you can find it any Boots, even in the rubbish one in my tiny town.
It works really well under makeup as well, if you give it a minute or two to sink in, and I often pat a little over my makeup on my cheekbones to give a lovely glowy look.
Occasionally in winter when my skin feels very dry I'll use a heavier moisturiser, like Dr Haushka Rose Day Cream, but I think I'll use this Nivea one for the rest of my life quite happily!
P.s. one more little tip - if it's a hot day and you're stuck inside for some reason (I used to be stuck inside while revising in summer because of hayfever - I couldn't even open any windows), or you have a cold and just feel really stuffy and hot and horrible, keep this moisturiser in the fridge, it'll be the most lovely and refreshing thing when you put it on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2011 5:30:00 AM More reviews by takemenow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm on my third tube right now. I've been using this for a few years. It's not a light moisturizer in my book because it is pretty thick and a bit greasy (-1 lippy for that). I use this mostly in the winter when my skin is more dry. It's far too rich to use in the summer. Sometimes I use it at night when my skin is feeling tight. it absorbs into the skin quickly if it's dry, but if my skin isn't dry I find this stuff just sits on top of my skin not doing a thing.
The tube is great. It's sanitary unlike moisturizers in jars. When running low on product, its easy to get the remainder of it out because it's stores upside down. Also, I love the old school Nivea scent it has. It reminds me of my childhood because my dad used to use the Nivea cream in the blue jar. The scent of this moisturizer is reminiscent of that stuff and I like it.
Will repurchase because it works and the price is right.