October 21, 2014 | 1712 users online

Fragrances - Lavanila - Pure Vanilla

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2014 8:18:00 AM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is all-natural? My headache tells me otherwise. I was also surprised that the predominant base note was something between baby powder and white musk. Sweet musky baby powder with fake vanilla on top. Not for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by joellarose

I've long been a vanilla lover! I'm a collector of niche vanillas and feel I have a nose for good vanilla fragrances.I discovered this one recently at Sephora and was drawn to the creamy,spicy,cocoa butter,vanilla extract-like scent it left on my arm.It's free of chemicals,and it's very long lasting.I wasted no time going to the Lavanila website and placing an order for a deluxe set in pure vanilla.My favorite form is the pure vanilla oil.They sent me a free gift of three purse sprays.Fabulous product and company!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by SaraxD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am absolutely obsessed with this perfume. I first came by it after receiving a sample tube from Sephora in my makeup order. I could not get over how amazingly yummy it smelled, and wore it nearly every day. Sadly, I ended up spilling it down the drain because the packaging was less than functional...

However, I finally got around to buying a rollerball last year on my birthday, and boy am I glad I did! Everyone seems to hate this perfume, which I understand why, because it smells like straight alcohol in the bottle and upon first application. But after dabbing my wrists together, the scent comes out, and it's just.......heaven. It's a very mature, sensual vanilla...but with that little kick of foodiness that I adore. I'm sure it doesn't work on some people because of body chemistry, but I love the way it smells on me. My boyfriend constantly tells me I smell like straight marshmallows, which is exactly what I want! :)

If you like the scent, I suggest getting the rollerball...it's only $20, and I've had it for almost a year and the product hasn't even gone down an inch!

SIDE NOTE: If you are sensitive to certain fragrances, be careful...I applied this heavily when I first got it, almost every 2 hours because I was obsessed, and ended up with horrible migraines. Use it sparingly and you should be okay. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really lovely vanilla scent, and i've used it for years. It's suppose to be more like the bean and less like the cookie, and I would say that's absolutely right. It doesn't smell like a teenager should wear it, it's more sophisticated. I get a lot of compliments when I wear this. It's not overpowering, but it lasts on the skin. It has Madagascar Vanilla, Freesia, Patchouli, Heliotrope, and Tonka bean notes in it. I also own the Vanilla Grapefruit one and I gave that five stars, but this is really good too.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2014 2:55:00 AM More reviews by nekkun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love vanilla scents, and I thought this would be the perfect pure vanilla. The packaging is nice and simple. However, the scent is really subtle and fades extremely quickly. I sprayed it on my wrists and neck in Sephora, but couldn't smell it less than an hour later. I can't justify spending so much $$$ on something that doesn't even last. If the scent were heavenly, maybe, but it's a very plain scent. Not gourmand or floral, just...nothing. Skip it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by bebikayz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was super big into perfumes a couple years ago but then stopped wearing them because I was concerned about all the chemicals I was needlessly putting on my body. So I bought this on a whim because I found it at a discount shop (winners in Canada) in a gift set which also included a body butter and a deodorant! Such an awesome find. I love this scent... I find it has good staying power and it smells super yummy. I think lavanilla may become a new addiction. Hopefully I can find more on sale though as 58 per bottle is slightly pricey but at least it has more natural ingredients.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by berrycurious

I do like this scent but you can only smell it for a minute after it's applied. After that, the only way someone is going o notice is if they take a close whiff of your wrists or wherever you put it.

Then again, I do have the roller ball, and there's a chance it's just that I'm getting used to it.

This is quite a musky, dark vanilla, it's more musky when it's first applied then it seems like the dry down is a little sweeter and softer. On the masculine side, but not too masculine. A bit like Angel by Thierry Marciano.

Since I refuse to use chemical concoction artificial fragrances, I'm still happy to have this despite the weak lasting power. I'll try applying lotion then this, since that helps prevent it from being absorbed so quickly. Hopefully the spray works better too.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The initial spray is pure vanilla and just that, pure vanilla and nothing else. No sugary sweetness in the top notes for me, nor in the middle notes. All I could smell was the vanilla.
Now I'm the first to admit that I'm a vanilla fan in my perfumes, but I also want it to be infused with other notes. So I waited. And waited. And waited some more.
About four hours later Pure Vanilla finally settled down to the tonka bean and vanilla mix on me and stayed that way for at least ten hours. Had this fragrance been more of a sugary gourmand mix, I would have been delighted. For me, it simply was not.
I felt as if I had simply sprayed on vanilla extract from my kitchen and dipped my fingertips into some Raw Sugar for effects as I was baking a home-made apple pie. That's about as basic a vanilla this is to me.
The longer it mixed with my body chemistry, the sweeter the mix, yes. But it took hours for me to discover the scent, and waking up the next day, which is far too long to wait for the effect I want from a vanilla scent.
There are many other vanilla scents on the market that suit my vanilla cravings immediately and mix with other notes in the perfume better for me. If you're a vanilla lover, give this a try tho, it's a pure vanilla.
What I have discovered to do with this scent is to use it as an add-on to other scents I own to power them up or create a uniqueness of a scent that I can call my own. So in the long run, this Lavanila Pure Vanilla will have its uses in my perfumery at home.
Fragrance notes are: Patchouli, Freesia, Heliotrope, Madagascar Vanilla, and Tonka Bean.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 7:41:00 AM More reviews by Devildog4025

Why did the bottle I get smell like old old old mens cologne? LIke old beets or something. Yucky! Straight back it went.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this in the oil rollerball. Doesn't smell like vanilla to me at all, it smells floral and woodsy and it gives me an instant headache. Will be returning.