July 29, 2014 | 2088 users online

Mascara - Yves Saint Laurent - Everlong

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by jlee2

Ironically, Everlong mascara did NOT stay on my eyelashes...rather, it smeared and left me with panda eyes by the end of the day. That said, the packaging and scent of the mascara are quite nice, but the formula is disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by kawanii

This is THE PERFECT PURPLE mascara for me. I was looking for quite a while at Sephora for the best purple-colored mascara that would actually SHOW on my eyelashes and they would all disappoint. Until I tried this one, I like this one more than the Volume Faux Effet one because of the brush. The Vlume Faux Cils Effet one has a thick volumizing brush that I absolutely hate and smudges and clumps massively upon application for me. On the other hand, the brush of this Everlong mascara is my preferred type of mascara brush and makes application much easier to grasp my thin eyelashes. The purple color definitely shows upon different lighting which is the effect I want. In the sun and bright lighting, the purple color shows and it is beautiful! But under normal or dark lighting, it looks like I don't have any mascara on, which looks natural. For the price, I think it's worth it since its my perfect purple mascara. And the packaging, the gold luxurious colour tube just makes me feel so special upon using it! Love this mascara! =]

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2010 1:29:00 PM More reviews by jawjuhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

There is something I really love about this mascara. Even though I think that Diorshow Iconic is better, I find myself reaching for this more. I think it's because of the beautiful packaging, is it silly to say that it makes me feel glamorous using it? But, yes, as usual, YSL delivers with beautiful packaging and its signature scent, which I adore. As for the product, I don't think it's spectacular. I bought this at a dutyfree, so it was 2 for something like 34 euro. I would definitely say it lengthens. It's not clumpy even though I find it to be a fairly dry formula. Overall, it is not bad mascara. However, I don't feel it does enough to warrant the high price tag. It gives a natural "my lashes but better" look, but my lashes are pretty bad in the first place so it doesn't do THAT much. I wouldn't recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2010 9:44:00 AM More reviews by eefie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara retails in The Netherlands for 29 euros, which is quite expensive imo. I am a fan of mascara wands with nylon bristles, so I had high hopes for this one. The tube is a nice gold colored one, with a real luxury feeling to it. Unfortunately, the mascara dries out really fast (within three months). Thinking I bought an old, bad one, I even purchased another one. My mistake...
Right after opening the tube, the mascara is very dry, too dry for my liking. It clumped together on the wand and on my lashes and gave me the spider leg effect. Not so nice... However, I was not ready to throw it away yet, since I paid good money for it. So I added a little water, which made it more manageable. The mascara does lengthen my lashes, but it does little for the volume. Since I already have curly lashes, I can't judge if it does anything on that aspect.
In total, the mascara is really not that impressive and for nearly $38 I expect a whole lot more. And that does not include tweaking the substance with water...
I bought the first one in brown, which is a nice dark brown color. Since YSL offers other beautiful colors for this mascara (black, blue and some kind of purple), I tried also the dark green version. It looks nice on the wand, but it is not even visible on my lashes. I have blond hair, so you would expect it to show in some way, but it was a (double) waste of my money. Certainly not buying this mascara again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by BBrazilian

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this on special on strawberrynet, so I didn't pay full price (thankfully). I purchased the blue colour because I love blue mascara as long as it is navy blue and not an electric blue. The colour is beautiful and very flattering. The packaging is gorgeous as you would expect from an YSL product. Unfortunately, this is the only two good points I could find with this mascara. It simply does not live up to its claims. You have to put on multiple coats to get any sort of thickness or length. You also need the coats to dry completely before applying the next one. I do like the brush, but the actaul mascara is no good, so the brush cannot do its job. Max Factor have a navy mascara that is cheaper and far superior to this. Very disappointing. Would not repurchase, even if it was on special again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2010 2:07:00 PM More reviews by pizzicato

I received this as a gift, which is lovely, because I don't think I would buy this.

Let it first be known that I'm Asian and thusly have straight eyelashes that point down, and am therefore always on the prowl for fabulous mascaras. XD This was by no means bad, but neither was it phenomenal, and for that price, it had better be.

Firstly - it does do what it's marketed to. That is, it is a great lengthening mascara. The problem is that it's also a mascara that can't hold curl at ALL, and that is crucial for me. Also, although it smells diviiine and has an excellent brush - possibly the best brush I've ever used - (it's very small, almost comb-like, which is perfect as I have great difficulty with the huge brushes like DiorShow which just can't reach the roots of my eyelashes without either stabbing my eye or staining the rest of my lid), it dried out in under two months.

In conclusion - I'm glad I got to try it, but I would never buy it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by nekroze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

truly it lenghtens.but for more effect,it requires many coats and blinking on the brush maybe.result is great but it doenst stay on,makes my eye area a little gray which i hate.but the worst?dries out in max 2 months.and that is if you are lucky.i got this 3 times but finally i started to feel like i was being cheated,so not going to buy one more time.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by meepmeeppow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I saw this mascara on a discount makeup website so thought Id try it, as my boyfriends sister had said it was good. I got it for £8.65 altogether about £10 including P&P. What a load of rubbish!! The formula is quite watery, Id say id need about 5 coats to get the desired affect. Hardly lengthens at all (which it is suposed to do), no volume whatsoever and is nothing special. My HG mascara Rimmel GlamEyes is about 50 times better than this, and also a lot cheaper. Had I paid the RRP of about £20 I think I would be infuriated.

This mascara may be ok for people with already long and thick lashes, or are looking for a very natural look, but for my average length and quite thin eyelashes, it did nothing. The RRP is absoloutely ridiculous for a mascara as average as this. The only pros are it does separate your lashes quite good and isnt clumpy, probably because the formula is so thin and it doesnt look like you have hardly any on.

To sum it up I wouldnt buy this mascara again, it might be ok if you like a really natural look, that isnt my thing, I like long and thick lashes, and this didn't do that for me. I would NEVER advise anyone to pay the full price for this. Not worth it whatsoever.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 1:39:00 AM More reviews by ivyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I brought this in purple because I had excellent result from YSL Volumn Infini Curl. However this one was a little disappointment. It was very hard to apply on the lashes, maybe itís to do with the plastic bottle-brush. I need at least two costs to start seeing the purple colour. However, this doesnít smudge at all at which is a good thing and I adore the Ďgrandí packaging.

The purple colour turns out really nice, a little similar to grape colour but I could prefer it to be violet. Lastly, I now need to shop for a nice purple eyeshadow to match my purple mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2010 7:14:00 PM More reviews by swimmerkoki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i got this mascara as a gift. it the purple color. :)
im telling you, thats the only good thing about this mascara that purple color. This mascara didnt do anything for them, it didnt lengthen, volumize, or anything,
well it made them soft, but i dont relaly care about that. lol. so yeah.