December 20, 2014 | 1751 users online

Lip Liners - Becca - Nude Liner Plump And Define Lip Pencil in Nougat

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty nice lip liner/reverse liner duo...however the color is a little brown for me and the caps fall off super easily. I wish I could take it back, honestly. It's not terrible but not worth the price at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2010 8:48:00 PM More reviews by lumjiwing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I was struggling with this lip liner and almost swapped it off. I decided to try again as it's so expensive I couldn't feel better giving it away. It was so soft and creamy that when I drew on the tip pointing to my lipline, I got too much product and I made a thick hard line that is not straight, and the color didn't blend well, almost like drawing milk stain around my lips. Also for the soft texture, I ended up getting too much product on my lips too. However, as I tried again, holding the pencil near my face, sliding the tip rather than pointing it toward my lips, I was then able to get very little product for a soft straight line, and just the min. amount of beige content onto my lips. Then I easily smudged it (it's so creamy), and got the natural pinkish nude color over my pigmented rosy lips. If I put on just a little more product for better coverage, I am sure I would achieve the true nude look!
The price tag like I said is just over the top. $23 for a lipliner? I don't get it (I got mine at half-off~~). Still it's a very functional tool for doing lip colors. I would say keeping one in your makeup bag, using it carefully and not exploiting it, still worths the dollar.
EDIT: Since I seldom need a lipliner, I'm now using it as a concealer for v small acne scars, the texture is soft enough to work as a concealer with a narrow concealer brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2009 1:37:00 PM More reviews by noinoi

Clever little liner. What I love with Becca is she doesn't make 'fun' dud products like red liner or something. We don't *need* it so she doesn't make it. Cool, I'm loving that. This liner works with the pale beige used as an outline and the deeper beige used to fill. Add lippy over the top.
Its a reverse liner so cancels out the colour of your lips.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2008 9:44:00 PM More reviews by baycyd

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Lovely double-ended liner, with perfect consistency. Alas, it gave me the old "liver-lips" look .. not my favorite. I need/want something more .. alive .. without being too pronounced. I'll keep looking -- meantime, I'm loving the Becca Bellini lip gloss that I bought with it (no complaints about that at all!)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2008 2:23:00 AM More reviews by mjacqueline

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use the lighter end to highlight my cupid's bow and the other end to fill out my lips. It is a great colour for sheer lip colours or nude lips. It is great on its own with clear lip balm. The texture is creamy and easy to line with. I just wish that the caps would be tighter. It slips out quite easily.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2007 8:20:00 PM More reviews by zoeferret

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

On one end is a really light beige, the other end is another beige that is about two shades darker and warmer. The liner it self is a nice texture- not too dry but not to creamy. I like to use this under nude lipstick or lip gloss. I use the darker end to fill out my lips and the lighter side to line it. It washes out my natural pigment just enough to make the paler lip colors work better.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2007 2:35:00 AM More reviews by evagelia

I use this as a reverse lipliner.
As my lips are very pigmented and any lipcolour i wear inevitably turns pink this is a godsend!
I use the paler end to cancel out my lipcolour before applying my lipstick and Voila! the actual shade of the lipstick ends up on my lips.
At $40 AU its extremely expensive but I will be getting my $$$ worth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2007 7:02:00 PM More reviews by storybookheroine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm not a huge lip liner person but I wanted to try Becca's new pencil. Months earlier an SA told me about this liner and said the highlighting end was for all over (inner eye etc.), well that's not true. Also the color was originally descibed as a rosey nude and that's not the case either.

Here's what it really is, a reverse liner. One end is a light flesh color and the other darker end is a beige/peachy nude. You outline with the light end (prevents feathing and expands the lip line) and color out your lips with the beige nude end.

There's a few really cool things you can do with this other then make your lips look fuller. Any favorite YLBB color put over it will be a perfect nude. It lightens any very dark shades to a more wearable daytime shade. If you have pigmented lips you can cancel them out. And most deeper shades turn to a YLBB color. I've found I can now wear so pinks and berries that would turn to bright on my lips. It's an interesting product and I think I'd buy it again since it helps me get more use out of lipsticks and glosses.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No