July 29, 2014 | 1064 users online

Toners - Clean & Clear - Deep Cleaning Astringent

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by Kgsurfs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Honestly, I bought this because it was so cheap (on sale at Target) and because I wanted some salicylic acid in my toner. The scent doesn't offend me, and I quite like the tingly clean feeling it gives. If I use it twice after I wash my face I can see more makeup come off on the first cotton round and I do the second one to get any remaining gunk. Take note, typically I have pretty resilient-oily (I mean shiny like patent leather- I think dewy is pretty lucky for me) skin and this stuff DRIED ME OUT. Not in a "ooh goody! no more pimples!" way either. It made my skin dry, tight, red and flaky...and I still had clogged pores *sigh* I have read good reviews about Biore's Blemish Treating Astringent and I purchased it in good hope that it will balance out my skin. Sadly I will not be repurchasing, I plan on using the last 2/3 of the bottle for gnarly touch ups :/

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2013 4:39:00 AM More reviews by Yasssy213

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My face only breaks out in the tzone area because of all the oil but after applying this product I broke fromy my cheeks!! The only place I don't break out from. I usually don't have as many blackheads and now you cant even see my skin from all the disgusting blackheads!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by luminelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sensitive skin beware!

Well no wonder this stuff comes in a red bottle, IT BURNS LIKE FIRE. I don't consider my skin sensitive... but YEESH! It does keep you from breaking out a bit but when you apply it on areas where there's acne, it's like liquid lava. I wash my face before putting atrigents on with a face towel and it hurt like HECK when the product touched places on my face where I rubbed too hard or something. It does remove makeup and all but too strong for my taste... I think I will be trying a different one from Clean & Clear.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2011 3:31:00 AM More reviews by ohgeebus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't think I've ever had such a bad experience with a toner before. I had previously bought the sensitive skin toner from Clean & Clear (the blue one), and it worked alright. It definitely got rid of the leftover dirt that my cleanser missed, but it never really helped with the acne or the excess oil that would eventually appear within the next few hours.

Instead of buying another bottle of the blue toner, I went ahead and bought this pink bottle because I thought I might be needing a stronger solution.

When I first tried it, the toner burned so badly. But I endured through the pain, thinking that I would eventually get used to it. But the alcohol was so strong--and I don't think I have sensitive skin--that I couldn't get used to the burning even after two weeks of using this product. THEN, I started breaking out. At first, I just got red bumps. I thought it might've been a regularly scheduled breakout or something, but then the redness turned into several tiny whiteheads in places I'd never gotten them before!

I stopped using the toner, and what do you know? The whiteheads stopped popping up all over my face. I'm never buying this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by jvice2

You get a lot of this stuff at a low price. It doesn't sting or dry out my skin. If I have left over makeup, this gets rid of it easily. I'm already on my 3rd bottle. Plus, it's easy to find in stores. I usually get this at Target for about $3-$4.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by 1Dayana1

Well this prouct is good it has been good for me cause i have mild acne sometimes sometimes not things i don't like about this is that it has a lot of alcohol in it so it smells strong and it stings i found out the fisrt time why it stung me it was because i have used an acne cleanser before this and your not supose to use two acne products at the same time so i use a normal cleanser before i use this i love it it has help me clear out some of my acne and gets rid of impurities an makeup that stays on your face i really like it would buy again~

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2010 4:07:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

I prefer the knock-off version of this, such as at WalMart or Target (seem to only make the sensitive version anyhow though), to save me a whopping dollar! lol

This IS quite strong...I use this once a week at max, and it mainly swipes away any dead cells or buildup of makeup that may have remained after a week of cleansing. It does sting especially if I use it where I have put any anti-aging creams (i.e. near the top of my cheekbone). So I have to be careful.

Sometimes if I use this I do get a small blemish the following days...not sure if it is bringing up things to the surface that should have stayed down there or what! But other times it makes my smooth smooth as glass and completely flake-free, which is worth it!

I guess it just depends on what my skin is like on the days I am thinking of using it. More of a special-occasion stripping toner.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by bananababe0217

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this at Target because I couldn't find the Daily Pore Cooling Toner, and I regret not reading the MUA reviews first. This stuff not only stung but burned, it was almost unbearable. I had to take a blow dryer on the cool setting to my face for a few minutes to calm my skin down (I think this saved my face from turning into a tomato). My skin is not overly sensitive and I've been able to use other toners with salicylic (Neutrogena Acne Stress Control for instance, with which I experienced a pleasant tingle) without this problem, so I don't think that's what is causing it. There is the usual skin tightening, which doesn't bother me, and my skin did feel really soft afterwards. Although it's only about $4, i will definitely not be purchasing again and I definitely do not recommend it! If I decide to try it again before returning it, I will update.
UPDATE: So, there is definitely WAY too much alcohol in this stuff. It has been returned to Target.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2010 8:57:00 PM More reviews by globetrkkr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only astringent that I've found so far that does anything for my acne. My skin is pretty tough and I don't usually have bad reactions to most of the products I try so I didn't have any problems using this product. It is a little bit drying but nothing I can't handle. As long as it does a good job of cleaning my skin and getting rid of my acne I'm happy. However, I suggest using caution when trying this because it is strong and it is definitely not for people with sensitive skin. Do a spot test first so you know how your skin will react. I buy this at Walmart for about $3-4 and it's a good value. I will be buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2009 11:15:00 AM More reviews by emmit643

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Stings my face waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than it should.

Never buying this again. Pain pain pain! :(