April 20, 2014 | 1302 users online

Crème - Estee Lauder - Re-Nutriv Intensive Lifting Makeup SPF15

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett2

This foundation is amazing. It matches the skin perfectly and comes in lots of tones. I actually ended up going with the 2 WARM tone which surprised me, but it is not really warm at all, just very neutral. It is expensive, but the skin looks radiant almost like you have been on holidays! My mum wears this foundation also and gets rave reviews when she has it on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by darkharbour

Ewww. Unless you want heavy duty coverage, avoid this. It is very rich, but very heavy and it oxidizes easily. It is overly scented. The jar is not hygienic, and the texture is not really a cream, but more of a thick liquid. It made me break out and I am 55. Colors are peachy.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by eggsandwich97

If you want a foundation that looks like real, healthy glowing skin and also for me it clears up my acne very fast just from one day of using it all my acne gone about halfway down. I have pretty oily skin so i thought it was gonna be way to oily but i just decided to buy it anyways and it works great even with my oily skin if i use a the magic perfecting base by l'oreal paris or l'oreal paris transluscide in translucent and it works great so even if you have oily skin you can make it work if you do it right. Also for some weird reason i decided to experiment with it and see what it does on my gross huge wrinkly scar on my arm that i had for a year or so and the makeup made it smooth from being totaaly wrinkled up just from one use. The foundation is totally worth the extra money but not just because it is amazing but cause it will last way longer than an average department or drugstore liquid foundation probably about 3 times longer or so cause it is so pigmented a little can go a very long way also it makes pores way less visible and the fragrance doesnt irritate my skin like most do which i like cause it smells great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 4:55:00 AM More reviews by sabzter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I, too, can be considered to be an ELDW girl. But I have fallen in love with this foundation like no other!!! I've been wearing it for about two months now, and it has really amazed me. For one, it is surprisingly easy to apply (ELDW can be problematic depending on your skin's condition). It glides effortlessly, no streaks, no settling into any fine lines, and most importantly, NO ACNE! I did find that over time, ELDW would give me a spot here and there, and on a really hot day, it would settle into fine lines by the end of a 10-hour day. The ReNutriv is spectacular though---it actually wears longer than ELDW and has dramatically improved the condition of my skin. My acne seems to disappear, my complexion appears brighter, more even, and more radiant, and it is very natural-looking, even though it offers practically full-coverage. Even in this 106 degree Arizona heat, the ReNutriv does not melt off of my skin. Nor is it impossible to remove at the end of the day. Best thing is that I don't need any moisturizer underneath this since it is so very moisturizing. I was initially scared of trying this, as I was starting to love my anti-aging Dior Capture Totale foundation until within a month of wearing it, my skin went crazy and started to flare up. So glad I took a chance with this though because lately, my dry skin is not cooperating with ELDW, which leaves me blotchy and cakey more often than not. One thing to note with ReNutriv is that I do have to retouch with powder about 2-3 times a day, whereas with ELDW it was only about once a day. ReNutriv also will rub off very easily. But for me, my priority is the health of my skin, so if I find a foundation that is beneficial in that arena, I don't really care about much else. Absolutely love it!

Note: If anyone is debating b/w this ReNutriv and the ReNutriv ULTIMATE Lifting Makeup, this one is the one to get. I tried the Ultimate and it broke me out within a day (it has too much crap in it). I wore this one the next day and my skin cleared up.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 9:56:00 PM More reviews by betagal

I do like this foundation and the powder that goes with it. However, not every Estee Lauder counter carries the Re-Nutriv line. Although it seems very emollient, it stands up well to this hot Georgia summer and, remarkably, does not break me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2011 10:33:00 AM More reviews by CRRider

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I will start by saying I am a EL Double Wear girl. I love the finish and the wear. This winter's cold has left me needing more moisture however. I got the ReNutrive foundation on line, and ordered the same name of color that I wear in Double wear. It looks darker somehow. I think it's just a trick of the dewier finish. But you might want to check your shade at the counter first before ordering.
The consistency is so creamy, bordering on oily. Spreads like buttah ( melted buttah) and I was pretty concerned that it was going to be too darn goopy. But PLEASE put it on and wait about 10 minutes. The finish 'sets' and then you are left with the most moist, glowy, dewy, YOUNG looking finish. I am amazed. And have gotten compliments after only a week of use.
It's a jar package and if you are squeamish , use the little spatula or a q tip instead of dipping. And a little goes a long way. I would say it's full coverage and blends beautifully.
I think for me this will be a cold -weather-only makeup. I think when it gets hot and humid again, i will be back to Double Wear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2010 12:21:00 PM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm 54 and I have fine lines, rosacea, and combination skin which makes finding and wearing a foundation for any length of time other than, say, a night out, a nightmare! And like most women my age who wear cosmetics, I have tried. them. all. Or at least it feels like I have. I read the reviews by Paula Begoun and other sites (and of course, MUA!) and I think that I am well-educated in the pros and cons of cosmetics. I really like the Re-Nutriv serums and I thought I'd try the foundation. I set out to but the liquid but through SA error, I got the cream. And WOW! I'm glad I did. Where a cream compact foundation would settle into my lines in a matter of minutes and a liquid would not provide heavy enough coverage and look flakey around my nose and cheeks, this product goes on like...air brushing? My skin looks perfect, PERFECT! And best of all, it stays that way for the length of the application. The color choice is limited. Normally, I would choose a "C" or "N" in Estee Lauder Foundations, and this only comes in "W" for fair skins (Beech) but it blends out and the very slight yellow base neutralizes my rosacea. It even wears very well over my oily nose and forehead. Apply with a high quality sponge, not a brush. (A good sponge is included.) All of that being said, I do not believe that this is an appropriate foundation for young women (under 45-ish) even if they have dry skin. Anyway, there are tons of foundations out there for you. This is really appropriate for women who have lines and the crazy/combo skin that comes along with menopause and who feel that cannot wear any foundation because their facial skin has multiple issues.

18 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

I have a deluxe sample of this and OH boy this is good stuff!!!At first I was very sceptical about this one and I wasn't using the sample for a long time because I thought that this will be too heavy and oily for my skin especially during the summer but how wrong was I.I thought that this will be a sheer coverage foundation with with too oily,greasy,satiny finish.As I said I couldn't be more wrong.This foundation offers almost full coverage and a wonderful healthy finish.Spreads amazing,the texture is slightly on the thick side but on the skin this foundation feels excellent not heavy at all.The staying power is very good and this is a surprise for me I v never seen a cream moisturizing foundation with good staying power.Doesn't set on lines and wrinkles and gives a very smooth result.At the beginning I also thought that the jar packaging would be a problem for me but again I was wrong.The jar gives you so much control you can take a huge amount out of it and if you don't finally use it you can easily put it back in.I don't now the price of the full size but I suppose that it will be expensive but honestly I m very pleased with this foundation I bet that will be equally good for someone with combination and slight;y dry skin if you have too oily skin think twice

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2008 11:23:00 PM More reviews by SandraBonita

This is great creme based foundation that provides phenomenal coverage! It actually is a much more affordable substitute to La Prairie. The product lasts a long time and it goes on very smooth and looks flawless. Unfortunately because of my acne prone skin I had to switch to an oil free foundation. I use this only on special occasions and weekend wear because it's not oil free. I actually had the Neiman Marcus sales person put this product on one side of my face and La Prairie on the other side. I polled a few males who were walking by, and they all preferred the Estee Lauder side of my face. It's pricey, but cheaper than La Prairie, but since you need so little product it's definitely worth the price. You will be tempted to use more product but you only need four dabs, one on the forehead, one on each cheek, and one on your chin. If you apply more than this you will look cakey and regret it. Use this product sparingly and your foundation will look stunning.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2008 8:13:00 PM More reviews by beautychic1443

I love it its no cakey doesnt feel like wearing to much and doesnt break me out