August 20, 2014 | 1873 users online

Eye Shadow - Origins - Underwear for Lids

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2010 8:17:00 PM More reviews by mrslara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the first and only eyeshadow primer I've used, and I've stuck with it because it works VERY well for me (my eyeshadow doesn't disappear or crease up on my eyelids) and it's usually only $13. My mother tried mine and bought one for herself. That spoke volumes to me because for her, spending $13 on a makeup item might as well be spending $100! The colors I've used so far are Beige Gaze and Stellar, with Stellar being my favorite because I'm fair complected and in my opinion, Stellar looks better on me. Both colors I've used have a slight shimmer to them, so they are pretty enough to use alone, for days when you don't feel like putting eyeshadow on. The primer twists up in the applicator like a lipstick, and the formula is creamy like a lipstick, so it's easy to glide across your lids then blend in a little with your fingers. The only problem I've had with this brand is that eventually the primer stick breaks, but maybe because it's so creamy? I just try not to advance too much out as I use it, and when it breaks, the broken piece can be put back in the tube and used up. I guess my only other complaint would be availability. Instead of having to buy this product from a mall, I'd rather be able to buy it conveniently from a drugstore or a Walmart/Target type of place.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2009 1:17:00 AM More reviews by SharonWT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this. It works really well for me and I love putting it on alone because it has the tadddddddest bit of shimmer. So, it'll look nice and natural alone. =)
I'm not much of an eyeshadow person, more of an eyeliner person (cat-eye). So, I dont want to go wasting my money on urban decays primer potion, whether it's good or not. It's not like I really need it.
However, whenever I do wear eyeshadow this works fantastically. I also love how it's like a lipstick and not like urban decay's lip-gloss-like tube. It's more hygenic.
I'd repurchase FOR SURE. =)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2009 5:04:00 AM More reviews by missrachelkennedy

I have tried the colored versions of this and while they were pretty, I found them to be more like a colored primer, and therefore, not a very useful product and not worth the money. Currently, I use the original Underwear for Lids which is just a basic primer.

The product itself is quite good. It works as well as the more expensive primers I have tried and I never have problems with eye irritation which is a big plus because everything irritates my eyes. All brands of shadow I have used with this primer look bolder and stay on longer. All in all, exactly what I want in an e/s primer.

My only gripe is the packaging. Each time I have purchased this product - the colored ones as well as the basic primer - the stick of product has broken off inside the tube within the first 3 uses. Not only does this make it difficult to apply to lids with any sort of precision, but once the stick gets a bit smaller it has a tendency to fall right out of the tube resulting in broken or lost product. I think this would be my HG e/s primer if Origins would find a way to put it in a little pot the way the Lancome primer comes or something similar.

Regardless, I would buy this again because I can't deny that it actually works while being gentle on my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2008 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Zhariel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product! I have Pink Frosting and Gold Dust. If I want just a subtle look, I swipe it on (it comes in what looks like a lipstick tube) and blend a bit with my finger and I'm done. It stays on all day and looks good. It feels good on my eyes, too. I highly recommend this.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2008 1:30:00 PM More reviews by maylias

I have Beige Gaze, a beige color with a slight sparkle to it. It looks nice alone or under shadow. It does make shadow stay put for longer, and shadows apply smoothly and are brighter with this underneath. However, it changes very slightly the color of my lightest shadows. Also, if I use too much, it creases. All in all, I prefer to use this as a natural-look eye shadow, rather than as a primer. Update 11/11/08: Nothing special and the product broke off in tube within days of purchase. I will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2008 2:38:00 PM More reviews by superrach

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product does exactly what it is supposed to. It keeps shadow in place and works as a highlighter in the inner corners of my eyes. I only wish it worked better alone. i would like to use it as shadow when i'm in a hurry, but if i don't put powder on top of it it creases. other than that, this is great. i have it in "stellar"

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2008 2:24:00 PM More reviews by lindscap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product! I stick to two colors: Beige Gaze (shimmery nude) and Stellar (light silver/gold). Both are great alone or under eyeshadow. They add lots of shimmer to my eyes and do not crease. Lasts all day, even when I go swimming at the beach. I agree with other comments that the stick breaks off in the tube and makes it difficult to apply, but that has only happened when the stick was almost gone anyway. I make sure to never run out of this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2008 11:57:00 PM More reviews by AtomicStarlite

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought the new Brazil Nut matte eyeshadow today, and the SA was trying to sell me on this one as well. It turned a nice brown FINALLY matte Origins shadow into glitter, which does NOT work with any ladies with eye crinkles.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2008 4:13:00 PM More reviews by unchainedheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this as a primer for my eyeshadow when it is very hot/humid out or I know I will be sweating, so my eyeshadow will not crease. I did not like the colored ones as an actual eyeshadow though.

I have bought this product 3 times so far and the first two times, the stick broke off and either got stuck in the lid or I lost some of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2008 2:56:00 PM More reviews by AndieD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this EVERYDAY! Most of the time I use it as a base for my eye shadow, but it can also be worn by itself for a smooth, shimmery look. My favorite color was Pink Wink, but it was replaced by Pink Frosting (which is nice also.) Another favorite is Stellar. All of the colors (I think there are 4 total are subtle enough to wear under your eyeshadow (to make any color really pop), but have enough of their own color to wear solo.
Underwear For Lids comes in a roll-up tube (which is great if you're in a hurry!) Be careful not to roll it up too high though, as the shadow inside can break.) You only need it up about a centimeter anyway.