September 2, 2014 | 1607 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Olay - Regenerist Eye Derma-Pod

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by finswifey87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Alyria, unfortunately the packaging is the way that it is for a reason. The derma pods contain light sensitive active ingredients - the peptides in it penetrate your skin and stimulate collagen production which keeps you looking younger =) just learned all about this in a beauty course that I'm in at the moment. So although it might be inconvenient packaging - it's the best way for it to be able to work properly for your skin (single use applications and dark packaging as if air or light comes into contact with any unused product, it makes the ingredients worthless)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by alyria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I thought these were a very innovative product from Olay. The cream was lightly fragranced, tinted pale pink and soothed my dry lids after cleansing. It provided basic moisturization - I didn't notice any particular smoothing, firming or anti-wrinkle benefits. I loved how sanitary these one-time use pods were and how I didn't have to mess up my fingers to apply. They were super easy to use. The sponges weren't the softest, but you get what you pay for. I didn't find them rough, just not super soft. I liked that the sponge doubled as an applicator and as a massage/exfoliating tool. Even though the sponge soaked up much of the product, I still felt that I got decent mileage out of each pod. There was plenty of product for each eye. The downside is the pods are very environmentally unfriendly. Would have preferred if they came in a clear cylinder that I could store in my bathroom vs. a slide-open box that wasn't very practical.

Unfortunately, I believe these are now discontinued, so though I would re-purchase, I won't be able.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by LUVMYCAT

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product. It is the best undereye treatment I've ever used. The trick is to pull off the sponge and just squeeze out what you need. I can get enough out of a "pod" to last 4 or 5 days this way. The only problem is that it seems to have been discontinued because I can't find it anywhere now.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by nikkimorrissey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was not impressed with this product although I had high hopes. It was kind of expensive and just overall not very effective with the little pod packages. It's getting returned to WalMart!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by insouciance66

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

another Olay eye gimmick, and a pricey one at that! the pods are ok, but didn't really do anything to improve the appearance of my eyes. The packaging is just wasteful - I still stand by the fact that all of that manipulation is no good for the delicate skin under your eyes, and the foil+sponge just was silly. the cream itself was a meh - didn't help, didn't harm (hence it got 2 lippies) but you can find much better for less money with no crazy wasteful packaging. no thanks!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 4:02:00 PM More reviews by freedom10036

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I L-O-V-E this product. Have never found anything on the market that has helped with puffy eyes. This product actually works. Olay just made a life long customer out of me! The applicator is soft and does NOT scratch the skin (I really tried to see what people were talking about last night, but could not get it to scratch me. I LOVE the individual packaging to keep the contents FRESH and EFFECTIVE. I find $20 average price tag is very reasonable 2+ months of eye cream! (equivalent to $9/month, when used as directed, 2-3 times a week.)

Can not say enough good things about this product. Just extremely grateful I found it and it does exactly what it claims:)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Choops

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this on-sale for $5. No kidding. This stuff typically goes for $25 which I would never spend on this product. It lasted me several months and about 2 applications per pod. I never used it every day because I knew I would not find the $5 deal ever again. I didn't want to get attached to this product. But I did enjoy it while it lasted.

What I did not like:
the pad is hard and scratchy. I usually used my fingers instead. Sometimes the cream would squirt out the seams . It's too dang expensive to continue using this product. The packaging is extremely wasteful.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 8:17:00 AM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Olay has some of the worst, wasteful packaging! I have often been horrified at the amount of trash created by the packaging for a simple jar of cream.
In this case, the cream is in foil packs and each pod is supposed to be good for one use on both eyes. The sharp edges of the foil packs scratched my nose and eyelids. Squeeze the pack and the cream saturates a rough sponge that hurt my eyelids. I had to squeeze quite a few times to get the product into the sponge. And the sponge was so harsh i could barely use it. Yuck!
So i tore off the sponge and squeezed the cream onto my finger. And whaddaya know! I got THREE generous uses on both eyes out of each pod.
The cream isnt too bad. Instructions say to use one pod every other day. Sheesh! I get a weeks worth from each pod. So the price isnt quite so painful since i get three months of use out of one month of pods. But all the trash it creates is painful to the environment, both in the manufacturing and then the consumer disposing of all that junk. There are creams as good as this one for the same financial cost and a much lower environmental cost.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by priyaj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I would not consider my skin to be sensitive, but this product gave me a horrible allergic reaction! I've never had an allergic reaction to a product before. I used this once before going to bed and in the morning I woke up to incredibly swollen, puffy, red eyes. It was so bad that I almost called in to work, but decided to wear glasses and go in. I am a huge Olay fan so this was disappointing. Never again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2010 12:32:00 PM More reviews by muppet1

Expensive for an 8 week long eye treatment, however a very good product, application feels comfortable an saturates the eye area with cooling and refreshing moisture. Do need to dab in any last remaining residue but worth it. Eye are looks and feels smooth, fresh and radiant.
Love the circulation boosting mild exfoliating application of the pod sponge.