November 26, 2014 | 1650 users online

Eyeliner - Sephora - Sephora Liner Electro Glitter Eye Pencil

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Enkida

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I own three of these, the chcolate, copper and black-with-silver-glitter colors. I purchased them at the sale price of $3 each, which is factored into the rating. I usually require my makeup to last anywhere between 6-12 hours; sadly, these pencils are not long lasting enough for that; around the 4th or 5th hour they begin to smudge and transfer under my eyes, even with primer underneath. The black one especially sheds glitter particles. The colors are lovely, especially the copper and chocolate pencils, but I still find I need to quickly pass them through a flame to make the kohl soft enough to spread easily on my semi wrinkled eyelids. They also don't sharpen well on my standard sized essence sharpener (which is a dupe of many popular ones including Urban Decay's grindhouse); I actually needed to specifically hunt for a sharpener to fit the exact size of the pencil in order to have a usable pencil. For the price they were okay, but there are so many similarly priced alternatives here (essence, Catrice) that are just as nice, cheap, colorful, and don't require sharpening, as well as having softer kohl, that I wouldn't repurchase.

UPDATE: these don't hold up at all in over 25 degree Celcius weather - they smudge like the devil. I've almost completely finished the chocolate and black ones, and the beautiful chocolate color smudges the most quickly. They do apply more easily in hot weather due to the pencil lead melting a bit, at least. Good for a smokey eye, bad for a precise liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2011 3:04:00 AM More reviews by MasqueradeOfPurity

This eyeliner is fantastic. I have both the khaki electro and the and the Copper electro liners and when I wear them, they last all day.

I love the colors because they are vibrant and make eyes stand out.
I have attached a picture above to show how I apply this and how it looks in the khaki electro (olive green) color.

Pros:
- Vibrant color
- Nice shimmer
- Lasts all day
- Makes eyes stand out

Cons

- Can sometimes smudge if you have oily eyelids

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by missfelicia

The electro choc color is subtle enough for daytime, but still enough to add some pop to my eyes. My only complaint is that the staying power isn't anything to write home about. I definitely would not use this on my water line. Overall however, it is definitely a great purchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by 2000wattsmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in Choc Electro and I love it. It makes a great slightly smoky yet open-eyed look--must be the color + glitter combination. I have no issues with the quality and find the price reasonable. I have paid more for higher-end pencils that I ended up not liking as much. I always have an extra one of these on hand in case it's suddenly discontinued. (Seems every product/color I love gets discontinued by the time I get around to re-purchasing.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2010 1:30:00 AM More reviews by kraftykaitie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really don't understand all the negative reviews on this product. I got the copper color in the Sephora Glitz and Glam sampler. For the color alone this should get 5 stars! It's the most beautiful rosy copper color with gold glitter/shimmer in it. I LOVE this color. I generally prefer liners that I don't have to sharpen, but that's not too much of a drawback. My only real gripe with this is that it's kind of hard. It's definitely not one I would use on my waterline (also bc of the shimmer). It's fine to line your eyes with, but if you're using it as a base (which I totally recommend, especially under UD Smog), I would put it on your finger first. However, the benefit to it being drier is that it didn't crease like creamier eyeshadow bases usually do. Overall, love this product. I will definitely be picking up the full size when I finish the sample (and since it's become part of my favorite holiday look and all-around favorite brown smokey look, that shouldn't take too long). I also might have to get this as a gift for a few people. The price tag makes it really affordable as a gift. For $8, this stuff is great!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2010 7:38:00 PM More reviews by CharleeG

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pro: Great color. (Choc Electro)
Neutral: It smudges, but I can control the smudge and it gives me a look I like.
Con: Hard to sharpen, won't last long, a little hard to apply. Overall texture is crumbly.

Maybe I'm tight, but for $8 it should be better than it is.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by captainflamingo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in Night, a blue with silver and blue sparkles. I don't know why I bought it because my mostly neutral collection doesn't have room for it to work. I just used it over black liner and it's quite pretty but it does smudge and uses up very fast. Plus it's not the most easiest to sharpen. I might repurchase other colors if they seem pretty, but I said no for this particular color I have. At $8, it's a decent deal for a quality color eyeliner if you're willing to go through the hassle.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by vythao

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in black and it's awful on the waterline. It doesn't burn or anything when you first apply it, but it doesn't last 2 minutes and it smears and gives you terrible raccoon eyes. Plus it's super hard to sharpen, even with a brand new sharpener.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2010 3:58:00 PM More reviews by WeinbergJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in in Copper Electro and it sucks. I will definitly be returning this product, perhaps I should have considered waterproof as I have tried other Sephora brand eyeliners that were wateroproof and they worked well. I applied this on my upper lash line then continued with the rest of my makeup and by the time I was done, the eyeliner had literally dissapeared. While the product texture is great, it just left a glittery mess. It is a shame because it is very pretty when first applied.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

I got this in Choc Electro 09. I absolutely love it!
It's a smooth eyeliner. I usually put it on my lower lash line and it immediately makes my eyes pop and look more awake.
The bad thing about it is that it's very glittery. It leaves glitter right below my eyes...sometimes its a good thing sometimes it just bugs me that my eyes are glittering.